The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB7 (2008) - Sunday 27th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

From Chris Mann:

---

its a lot harsher at elvington now and he needs to comply at 103db at 3/4max rpm, measure at .5m from exhaust tip. if he has a bung to pass it needs to be fitted all day long or he will get barred. if he passes the static test he will be fine tho, no drive by etc at the mo.

if he is a pro car running 10s or better then a higher limit can be applied if we dont go over too many cars in that bracket

rgds

---

To me that should be easy to pass considering our cars tend to be noisy on drive by because of screamer pipes etc. So a static test isn't going to be under boost conditions and IMO hard to fail at 103dB for us lot. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Brian.

Yeah we should take a noise tester & if anyone looks like they're beating us & seem quite loud we can test them & have them barred :D

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me that should be easy to pass considering our cars tend to be noisy on drive by because of screamer pipes etc. So a static test isn't going to be under boost conditions and IMO hard to fail at 103dB for us lot. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Hmmm, I think I might be over 103db at the moment but I have a Tanabe on its way :D

I might be over the limit as well with the HKS Ti racing exhaust and the 4" downpipe. :(

mmmm....no idea really. Guess we just have to take the risk and gamble then.

Cheers

G

FWIW my HKS Ti Racing with 3" DP/MP on a single was measured at 107db :(

[rant]

I think noise restrictions as a whole for trackdays and events is crazy, its prob down to some old biddie who wants to relax with tea and biscuits in her back garden.

Dont live next to an airfield or race track, muppets.

[/rant]

[rant]

I think noise restrictions as a whole for trackdays and events is crazy, its prob down to some old biddie who wants to relax with tea and biscuits in her back garden.

Dont live next to an airfield or race track, muppets.

[/rant]

I agree with Wez, if you don't like noise move to the country side :)

Isn't Elvington near York Raceway?

Any noise restriction there?

I didn't notice any checks last time i was there and some of the V8's were loud :)

Not mentioning the Jet car :)

Sorry to let the club down but It looks like I'm out .:(

This year seems to be passing me by. Ive done a total of 10 miles in the supra since december 07 and it looks like it'll be august before I get to use it in anger.

Good luck to everyone attending. Looking at the supras going there could well be a new record or 2 set this year:)

SteveL and Wez - why the silence guys come on what's happening???

Hi Brian / guys...

Sorry for the late reply, were trying to get both the timeattack supras to this. I'm waiting for Ben to get back to me.

Hopefully we'll both be there to boost the teams numbers.

Having read the posts on noise limits, I'm ok but Ben is close but we did have noise limits imposed on us at Oulton Park last week so hopefully he'll be ok.

I'll keep you posted....

Hi Brian / guys...

Sorry for the late reply, were trying to get both the timeattack supras to this. I'm waiting for Ben to get back to me.

Hopefully we'll both be there to boost the teams numbers.

Having read the posts on noise limits, I'm ok but Ben is close but we did have noise limits imposed on us at Oulton Park last week so hopefully he'll be ok.

I'll keep you posted....

Thanks for the update Steve - can you both get your forms and payment into TOTB by Friday? That's when Chris Mann indicated to me was the hard cut off date...

What about Paul as a last minute entry too? His car if ready to compete is a prime candidate for a strong showing! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Ar5e !!!

Looks like neither of the whibitz TA supras will be there - really sorry guys.

I've had an expensive month and problems with the car's steering have left me without any option but to drop out.

Good luck to those who do compete....

Not getting at anyone in particular but come on guys you knew about this months upon months in advance, put your names down then when it came to the crunch and you needed to put in your form with money many of you have pulled out wasting everybody's time and the club's space allocation in the process :angrymod:

Our final status then:

1. [9.86] Envy (GT42R, 2.5 bar boost, 272s, AEM, VWR Intake, 6spd)

- App in and paid up.

2. [10's] Robbie (Was T67, BL Auto, PI Hi Stall etc)

- Pulled out.

3. [12.4] Lee P (2835 twins, built engine, AEM, Veilside intake, 6sp,)

- App in and paid up.

4. [CIRCUIT - [email protected]] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

- Pulled out.

5. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

- Pulled out.

6. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

- App in / paid.

7. [unproven] Wez (T60-1, HKS 264's, AEM)

- Looks like Wez may not make it either - Wez?

8. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

- Pulled out.

9. [unproven] Gruggs (BL71 DBB turbo, BL Auto Box with PI 3800 hi stall, Greddy Intake, HKS CAMS, AEM)

- App in / paid.

10. [unproven] Jevansio (GT4088R, 264's, AEM, Greddy Intake, 6sp, 1.6BAR)

- App in / paid.

So in summary after all this time we have 5x confirmed entrants and 1x possible in Wez.

To those that have commited - thank you very much for following through and getting the entries in as promised.

Cheers,

Brian.

No they like it by post so fire it in :)

Paperwork and cheques :rolleyes:

Get with the now, they have a website why not accept online forms and payment.

I will have to post it tonight as I dont have my cheque book at work :(

I know, wouldnt be difficult would it :rolleyes:

Not at all, would make things so much more efficient, remove the chance of payments being lost, make refunds easier to handle if people pull out before the cut off, save them having to go to the bank, allow them to keep a decent list of entrant info without it having to be copied from paper to PC manually and so on... even a basic HTML form with a "mailto" and a Paypal link would be a start but I'm sure they could get something far more splendid in place if they wanted to.

I agree they really need to update it with an online entry and payment system - cheques are so yesteryear! :)

Us fielding a team of 6 rather than 10 means another 4 impreza's annoying us all on the day :rolleyes: :D

On the performance enhancing fluids - get some race fuel ordered up for the day. I'd like to see all our guys running drag radial type tyres or track specials like Toyo R888's (either has to be road legal) and some race fuel in your tanks. Places to get these items:

Race Fuel:

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4511 (A number of members have had good results with this fuel, think this is one of the highest RON fuels available but is leaded - Envy supply a number of fuels from the VP Racing range so best find out from Gaz what's in stock)

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-Sunoco-GT-PLUS (109RON, 4.5% oxygenated - this is the easiest stuff to run as it's unleaded and still decent octane / oxygenation)

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-Sunoco-MaxNOS (Highest octane of the Sunoco range at 119RON but leaded and not oxygenated)

Competition Tyres:

http://www.laracingparts.com/

http://laracingparts.com/acatalog/Mickey_Thompson_E_T__Street_Radial_Tires.html (275/40/17 will fit on UK spec rear rims, 255/50/16 should fit on J spec rear rims)

http://www.avonracing.com/et_street_radial_page.asp

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+Drag+Radial (You can get these from here via Dusty @ MVP, this model is new and basically is easier to use with less burnout being required to get them up to temp)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+Drag+Radial+2 (As above for ordering, these are the originals previously called 'Pro Comp T/A' and require a bit of heating up to hook up well)

Hope this helps guys.... get ordering :)