TOTB7 (2008) - Sunday 27th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have emailed Santapod and asked what they have available for approx 10 cars who want to test before an event.

Javelin have a couple of trackdays between now and TOTB at elvington but I think its circuit only, no mention of drag racing.

Could you let me know what dates wez, as i need to get some times for mine too.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Update from Chris Mann:

---

Subject: Redline TOTB7 in association with Millers Oils- Entries now accepted

Redline TOTB 7 in association with Millers Oils- Sun 27th July 2008

To all - update on this years event:

We are now accepting entries for this year’s event. Please find attached the entry form, which is also downloadable from the totb website

http://totb.co.uk/compete/apply-now.asp

Closing date for entries is 3rd July please for all teams and individuals. As usual we will refund/swap upto the 9th July if anyone drops out, after that date however the lists are closed. Email us with any queries to

[email protected]

Advance price spectator tickets are now on sale at the usual price of £15 plus p+p.

http://shop.totb.co.uk/products.asp

Tickets will only be sent out early in July.

Club group buys are available again based on a min order of 10+ tickets to one club address.

Event specifics for competitors/team reps

1. Top speed distance- this has now been set at 1km standing speed trap, after the recent noise case was settled at Elvington. The very top end of the runway we use is to be kept as quiet as possible, and a 1km speed trap was already a proposal in the pipeline anyway, which we have now been instructed to use. At this distance however we still expect cars to approach 180+mph top speeds or more. The results clock can also be hard wired now back to the main control which will help in results being up to date without a half hr wait for them to be brought back from the top speed trap.

2. Handling circuit timing- after discussion and general feedback it seems the proposal to drop the untimed sighting lap for every car and just run 5 maximum timed laps per car is acceptable to all. The new timing clocks will allow two cars on track as described at safe intervals. Competitors may walk the course on the Sunday morning prior to event start if they wish, once they have signed on and got a wristband.

3. Drag Shootout finals- again the feedback has been good on the proposal to delete the fwd vs. rwd drag final and the 2wd vs. 4wd final, to ensure the day finishes within a reasonable time and is relevant.

We will be keeping the usual class based drag finals run off in the following order: - FWD, RWD, 4WD, then finally Pro-Drag. The top 4 cars in each class qualify as in previous years.

Competitors who win their own class drag final will then pick up a bonus point toward the overall scoring for the TOTB overall champion. (Pro-drag do not count points).

4. Handling shootout final- this will remain as previous, with a one point bonus for winning the shootout of the top 4 cars overall.

Nothing further has been proposed by any team reps/clubs or changed by ourselves to affect the way the event is scored overall, and no major changes to regs/tyres were raised as issues, so in effect the major changes are as detailed above.

as usual we would hope to keep in good contact with team reps during the next few months but bear in mind as ever the limited amount of places available (and the need for official reserves to have sent in a form/cheque to be kept by us incase of drop out). Any unused entries will not be cashed.

Please pass on the entry form to relevant parties, and get back to us with any questions you may have.

Bye for now

TOTB Team

---

I've attached the entry form to the 1st post in this thread as well as this one. Once I've got times from folks we can confirm our team and I'll need everyone confirmed as part of the team to fill out and send the form along with payment and marked on the form as being part of our Team MKIVSupra.NET entry.

We have until 3rd July to have our entries in so I'd like to have our team finalised by the start of June - get those times in!

4 months to qualify...

Any Events Organisers fancy taking on the ticket group buy? Just start a new thread and co-ordinate from there.

Cheers,

Brian.

TOTB7Entryform.pdf

You want Mickey T street radials from http://www.laracingparts.com/ (NOT the wrinkle wall drag efforts!) or alternatively Toyo R888's.

Those are the tyres that seem to hook up best on the crappy airfield surface at Elvington whilst being road legal to comply with the rules.

I'd recommend everyone wanting to run as a drag type entry at TOTB gets themselves a set of decent tyres such as the above.

Cheers,

Brian.

• 1 month later...

Iam going to be pulling out of this aswell as i cant see my car putting down all that power it has on this track even though all the other more powerful cars manage it very well .....and iam getting my hair done that day .......

I have never heard such Crap Andy !!!! get your car at elvington woman !!!! just let your dad drive it he will be better at the wheel then you ......"cant see the car putting down the power on concrete" hummmbug !!!!!!!

Iam going to be pulling out of this aswell as i cant see my car putting down all that power it has on this track even though all the other more powerful cars manage it very well .....and iam getting my hair done that day .......

I have never heard such Crap Andy !!!! get your car at elvington woman !!!! just let your dad drive it he will be better at the wheel then you ......"cant see the car putting down the power on concrete" hummmbug !!!!!!!

Michel firstly you hardly have any hair:p, and secondly p!ss off LOL

Andy

Making excuses this early Andy :p

Get down there you big girl, if we can do it you can!

Gaz.

I was just making way in case someone else wanted to run instead doing the honourable thing, as few have said the car is unproven and i don't want to waste anyone's time..

Andy

i suppose it will take you that long to learn to put the car together properly and also learn to drive like your dad ....LOL....

BY TOTB 10 I would have grown up by then and just be a spectator. My claim to fame, did TOTB 2 and this one, whats yours ?:D:innocent:

Maybe you could drive like your brother by the 10th totb;)...LOL...

As for putting the car together well as you will see its done right, anyway enough quibbling. Lets just hope that something on your car doesn't break again!!!! AAAghhh then again you know how to put cars together properly:p:innocent: LOL

Andy

Right the car isnt too far away now, so i will have a dyno sheet soon and as soon as the drag tyres arrive a time sliop, spec is.

3.4 litre, Race head, 272 cams, ET Streets, BL Auto, T51 SPL BB, AEM, VWR intake manifold

Any pics? would love to see some of the build, as a tuuning company im supprised you have not done a build thread, all good advertising for your company.

• 3 weeks later...

Right..... time for a wee update on this thread since it's been a while.

The entry date is fast approaching and I did say we'd want to have our team together by the start of June.... so where's the times guys??? :)

Andy - that's a piss poor excuse. You're just scared my stock twins time will embarrass you! :p

As Mr Lane says.... get out there and use your cars in anger folks. Stop just polishing them and spraffing a bunch of crap about how fast you think they may be!!! :D

Here's a big opportunity to be part of a team representing the club, showing not just what your own cars can do but what Supras can do to a general and mostly uneducated audience that thinks we drive a kind of Subaru :rolleyes:

Time to get out there and put your money where your mouth is - actions speak louder than words and all that ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated and re-ordered list removing Andy H. We've got a potential 9 now so let's get some more entries as there will no doubt be more drop outs. We're fast approaching get your entry forms in time so please confirm if you're on the below list that you do intend to submit an entry form & fee at the start of June:

1. [9.86] Envy (GT42R, 2.5 bar boost, 272s, AEM, VWR Intake, 6spd)

2. [10's] Robbie (Was T67, BL Auto, PI Hi Stall etc)

3. [12.27] Fish (2835 twins, 264s, AEM, Virtual works intake, 6sp)

4. [12.4] Lee P (2835 twins, built engine, AEM, Veilside intake, 6sp,)

5. [CIRCUIT] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

6. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

7. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

8. [unproven] Wez (T60-1, HKS 264's, AEM)

9. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

Cheers,

Brian.

Im sorry guys Im afraid Im now unable to compete with the Supe.

1. [9.86] Envy (GT42R, 2.5 bar boost, 272s, AEM, VWR Intake, 6spd)

2. [10's] Robbie (Was T67, BL Auto, PI Hi Stall etc)

3. [12.4] Lee P (2835 twins, built engine, AEM, Veilside intake, 6sp,)

4. [CIRCUIT] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

5. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

6. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

7. [unproven] Wez (T60-1, HKS 264's, AEM)

8. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

Hi Brian,

I will be hopefully be bringing Dimitri across in June to map the car. I'm trying to be ready for the few dates in June at crail to get a time.

If the car is ready and people have pulled out leaving space then i'll put the car forward.

I'll hold off putting my name on the list until i have a time though.

Just thought i'd let you know i would be interested if ready but definitely on the maybes list just now.

Cheers

G

Hi Brian,

I will be hopefully be bringing Dimitri across in June to map the car. I'm trying to be ready for the few dates in June at crail to get a time.

If the car is ready and people have pulled out leaving space then i'll put the car forward.

I'll hold off putting my name on the list until i have a time though.

Just thought i'd let you know i would be interested if ready but definitely on the maybes list just now.

Cheers

G

Would be good to have you competing G.... I'll even show you how to launch it ;) :D :eyebrows:

Why not book Ryan G to map your car? He will travel and I'm sure he has some dates available reasonably soon.... worth a PM to him.

Cheers,

Brian.