Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B8 MKIVSUPRA.NET KEVIN HUNTLEY ENVY SUPRA 500+

B9 MKIVSUPRA.NET WESTLEY COX SUPRA 500

B10 MKIVSUPRA.NET MICHEL LANE SUPRA 500+

B11 MKIVSUPRA.NET JAY EVANS SUPRA 500+

B12 MKIVSUPRA.NET LEE PERRYMAN SUPRA 500+

Men duly sorted from the boys then ;)

It's a shame that people who would definitely show up and run (especially Brian) stood aside to let in some new huge power figure cars, only to be let down right at the end when it's too late to replace them :( Didn't see that coming at all.

-Ian

Brian knows what the score is with my situation, nothing to do with the car stopping me enter unfortunately other circumstances. :(

However, at least the good thing was I was able to let Envy get a space at last minute where they would't have managed and they'll do more damage than i would have anyways...so all good for the club.

G

Jay and I have organised a BBQ + drinks , anyone got a gazebo ???? or some chairs ??? come on over an introduce yourselves if you see us there , we will have MOTORSCOPE stickers all over the cars . Iam the good looking one LOL.. Jays the fat one !!!!

Nice one better bring a few extra buggers ;) :D

Good luck everyone i'll be cheering from the sides :)

I'll be there at 7.30am as that's when Competitors/Official Support/Traders/Clubs can get in - I'll try to get us a decent spot in the pitlane and get the Gazebo up. Look for my black BMW with cycle carriers on the roof :D

Gates open to spectators at 9AM.

See everyone there!

Cheers,

Brian.

I'll be there at 7.30am as that's when Competitors/Official Support/Traders/Clubs can get in - I'll try to get us a decent spot in the pitlane and get the Gazebo up. Look for my black BMW with cycle carriers on the roof :D

Gates open to spectators at 9AM.

See everyone there!

Cheers,

Brian.

I think we are aiming to get there for about 9 ish

Brian, I'm going up at 4pm today to sort out my pit area and start setting up - if you give me an idea of where you want to be I'll try and get them to save you a spot if you want?

I'm aiming for the bottom of the pit lane near the start line because that's where the chaps want to be but I think you prefer the top end?

One of the MR2 chaps looks promising, he got to the finals last year with an engine that was very sick but has sorted that out and gained more power, now at 638hp / 490lb/ft at the wheels,

He ran a 10 with a 141mph terminal speed when he had 512bhp so hopefully he'll be in the 9's and potentially the fastest (known) MR2 in the world over the 1/4, he can do corners too - http://www.nathaniel-freke.co.uk

He's probably going to be the quickest but the rest of the team looks really promising too, if all the cars hold together and get their power down it should be a good one :)

Very warm and sunny up here today, the forecast for tomorrow suggests it will be sunny but cooler, fingers crossed!

Brian, I'm going up at 4pm today to sort out my pit area and start setting up - if you give me an idea of where you want to be I'll try and get them to save you a spot if you want?

I'm aiming for the bottom of the pit lane near the start line because that's where the chaps want to be but I think you prefer the top end?

Thanks for the kind offer michael - I know I'm probably too late in replying (just on through my mobile in my hotel about 45mins away) but any spot that looks decent would be nice. MR2s and Supras next to each other would be good - keep the performance Toyotas together. :)

Should be good to see your MR2 guy run - sounds like just the ticket to cause some good old fashioned upset amongst the established fastest marques :cool:

I got a Gazebo out of B&Q - 3m x 3m job along with a fold up table to save us sitting with stuff on our laps all the time. Also got a bunch of BBQ meat (bacon / burgers / sausages) along with rolls, butter, sauces, salt 'n pepper and cans of diet and normal coke. Club members welcome :thumbs: Got some disposable plates, cups, cuttlery and napkins too.

You should to be able to leave spare wheels and tools etc. around the Gazebo guys - I'm happy to help out on the cars if anyone needs a hand with anything.

Cheers,

Brian.

Just back from Elvington, some tasty machines there already :)

The Supra pit area is next to the MR2 one, they had already allocated our areas before I got there at 4pm, there is a little sign on the grass but it's right next to a big white tent with "Century Motorsport" on it, that's the MR2 area. To the other side there are the retro Fords. We are both on the right hand side if you looked up the pitlane from the 1/4 mile, on that bit where there is a patch of grass > access road > air museum rather than the other side where the public wander through on their way to and from the car parking.

It was absolutely roasting up there, supposed to be 5C cooler tomorrow and it needs, far too warm

Anyway we've got a fair bit of cover, enough to park cars under if necessary and lots of tools so if any Supras need help I'm sure we can make room.

Should be a good one :)

Looking forward to this, camera batteries charged, video ready and been for a play in supra today to fill up with vpower ready for a early start in the morning. I'm hoping to be there for 9ish and staying all day.

Hope to meet some of you from here and get some good pics and video footage.

Michael, as a paying spectator can we get to the pit area were the club cars will be be?

wooow what a day out this was, it was steaming hot, good for me but not the cars running in the heats.:(

I spotted a few guys there, M.Lane and Jay.

There was some seriously fast cars and a seriously fast transit van.

Dont nknow if there were any problems today with the supra's:( was there?

Might post some of the filming i did up to see.

Good to meet everyone today :)

Absolutely roasting and not exactly optimal running conditions as a result :( Poor Lee had to get a piggyback home and Envy's car ended up similarly ill. Hope it's not too bad a fix guys! :blink:

Thanks for showing up everyone on the list - good to watch you all in action :thumbs: Not sure what people's final results were?

Cheers,

Brian.

Nice to see everyone there , forgive me if i did not recognise you , iam just bad with faces. It started of grim for me , firstly they failed me on the noise test, then when i passed it the second time round , i pulled to the pits and my brakes did not work !!, it took 1 hour of head scratching then it worked . I went on the top speed run on my first attempt and managed a 13.25 1/4 with a 159.9top speed , considering it was my first attempt it was fine. My second run was with Jay, i managed a 12.02 1/4 , i was happy with that and new the car would managed more . The third run was up against a lotus 200 thinging , i later found out it had 340hp / turbo charged and weighed 900kg, with a pro circuit driver behind the wheel. I managed a 2.05 / 60 foot time and 11.92 1/4 mile , well pleased with that , also i was neck and neck with the lotus until i hit top of third then i started to real him in, the forth gear pull on this car of mine is awesome !!!..

I managed a rather poor 58.9 on the circuit, but considering i had one go , i was happy . I know people may think that the times are rather poor, but you have to consider this , Iam a pretty crap driver and my car is more then full weight , with baby seat and spare wheel and the rest of my junk inc built in fire ex in the engine and cabin. Most off the cars were stripped. Jay and Wez did really well , It was upsetting to see LeeP car with problems as i know he has spent alot of time and money trying to get it running right for this event . The same feelings go for Envy's car. This will be my last event with the supra, as i need to move on with my life . Ill be active with the club , but no more racing or track days for me . Iam looking into v8 muscle cars now.

Again thanks to Myself , Jay and Brian(TDR) for the food and drinks, provided at no charge for all the mkiv people and more .... had to get that in , as nobody really relised who was paying for all the refreshments they were consuming from the drinks cooler....:D.

Aparts from that , some seriously fast cars , alot went bang unfortunately due to the heat, the Jun skyline (1200hp) went pop on his first run , the viper also on the circuit , some MR2's aswell . There was alot of casualties today , myself, wez and Jay were very fortunate we did not suffer problems to the cars.

Jay i kicked your ear end !!!!!!!!!:p and you drive like the sting on the handling circuit .. you are a god!!!!!53 sec iam not worthy ...Just shows you, its not all about top end power but on how the power is delivered. The car was remaped on thursday on a Dyno Dynamics unit and Ryan (god of all tuners) managed 645hp / 515lbs at 1.3 bar !!!! and thats reving it to 7500rpm only.

Also forgot to mention ,thanks to Ryan Griffiths for making me such a happy man today, I have been through alot of problems emotionally with my life these last few months and Ryan has helped resolved alot of issues with the cars that i have had to complete , he has bent over backwards to help me get the cars out , spending so much time and effort on mapping them . I would also like to thank Ian Wally for all his hard work in making sure my car is solid and helping me with the customers cars... thanks you all.

Jay i kicked your ear end !!!!!!!!!:p and you drive like the sting on the handling circuit

What, the Geordie lead singer from The Police? ROFL

Again I was impressed with the spool on you SP74, it doesn't take long to get upto speed does it :D

The team spirit today was fantastic, made me proud to be a Supra owner :)