TOTB7 (2008) - Sunday 27th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks that way Doug. I've seen him run 10's with my own eyes and know his spec so:

1. [10's] Robbie (Was T67, BL Auto, PI Hi Stall etc)

2. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

3. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

Thanks for entering too Michel - be good to see you get a time worthy of your spec. Have you tried DR's and race fuel? ;)

I've just taken wild stabs in the dark on the power levels until people enter them themselves ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Yes michael i will be using my "JJ mod", as i cant drive for toffee..its the old age its getting to me .

Yes the bhp will be about right with the new setup and i got a full set of R888.

They seem to be a good choice for the surface at Elvington going by the MR2 bunch. Not fancy getting the most out of it with some 105 RON or better fuel? Better protection against the intense heat we tend to see on the day too IMO.

How much is the entry fee this year, seem to remember it being expensive last year.

IIRC £100 was bounced around as the amount but in any case I'd like to subsidise our team entries this year and will discuss a suitable amount with the other mods.

Cheers,

Brian.

They seem to be a good choice for the surface at Elvington going by the MR2 bunch. Not fancy getting the most out of it with some 105 RON or better fuel? Better protection against the intense heat we tend to see on the day too IMO.

I will be running meths mixture with the current setup hopefully this will keep the temps low. I got 6 months to prep for it, does it have to be the white car that i run ?? as iam working on another car stripped out with the same engine and turbo , completely same setup but red not white.

My problem with unproven cars is that I've seen many with decent spec lists and claimed 800bhp + run 13's. There are plenty of drag days all over the country before TOTB so don't see the problem with people putting their money where their mouth is so to speak :)

Doing a time also proves that the car is race ready so is less likely to become part of a decimated entry list!

Cheers,

Brian.

Hey Guys,

Steve L is away in Spain at the moment but due back shortly.

As some may be aware, Steve has been running his stripped out PHR Stage 1+ in the Time Attack club class throughout 2007 and is competing again in 2008 with me as wheel man and Paul Whiffin/Whifbitz sponsoring him.

He also won the handling course at the Jap Show Finale beating the previous best time which was an MR2 and this was a tight course! :blink::D

Engine is being built for this year and further mods are ongoing including carbon rear hatch and other weight saving mods.

Only thing is hasn't been used for 1/4 mile work and although Steve and I were game for a few runs at Jap Show Finale, the place was rammed and no spaces were available! :(

Might try to squeeze a few runs in if we can to see what she can do but I'd be suprised if a 12 sec run wasn't a possibility provided we can get traction! :rolleyes::)

Steve will no doubt be along to say his own bit but noticed the thread and thought with the light weight and proven track pace, it'd be a good car for the team.

Pete :)

Mine will be done but it is unproven, i will enter though if you guys allow, also will be taking the dyno so if any team members need any tweaking on the day you are more than welcome.

Andy

:thumbs: Will need to chat closer the time

I will be around all weekend as have a fair few cars that i have got to look after and tweak for the surface etc.

I will persuade Wesley to get his name down, as if that thing could get grip in 1st and 2nd it would be an animal on the strip.

My car hasnt really been setup with drag racing in mind but I could always give it go ;)

Keep your knackered rear shocks on it for now then ;)

Pete P - Steve L's car would be perfect as a decent track oriented entry for our team - get him to add himeself to the list in the format requested including all details and he can have a spot guaranteed so long as he commits to the event and isn't likely to pull out last minute :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Keep your knackered rear shocks on it for now then ;)

Pete P - Steve L's car would be perfect as a decent track oriented entry for our team - get him to add himeself to the list in the format requested including all details and he can have a spot guaranteed so long as he commits to the event and isn't likely to pull out last minute :)

Cheers,

Brian.

No worries Brian,

He's due back in the UK Thursday night so will no doubt be back on the forum on Friday.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Have included him in current entry list but would be good if he and everyone could give me full details including a power estimate.

First post updated to include current entry list - I'll update that post periodically to make it easy to see the current status of our team entry.

Cheers,

Brian.