TOTB7 (2008) - Sunday 27th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be good to have you competing G.... I'll even show you how to launch it ;) :D :eyebrows:

Why not book Ryan G to map your car? He will travel and I'm sure he has some dates available reasonably soon.... worth a PM to him.

Cheers,

Brian.

Dimitri has installed the AEM and done everything else with the car map wise. I'd rather let him finsih it off. But we should be doing it early in June.

The spec of the car is BL71 DBB turbo, BL Auto Box with PI 3800 hi stall, Greddy Intake, HKS CAMS, AEM,

I'll take another one of my wild guesses at the power output :D

New list:

---

1. [9.86] Envy (GT42R, 2.5 bar boost, 272s, AEM, VWR Intake, 6spd)

2. [10's] Robbie (Was T67, BL Auto, PI Hi Stall etc)

3. [12.4] Lee P (2835 twins, built engine, AEM, Veilside intake, 6sp,)

4. [CIRCUIT] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

5. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

6. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

7. [unproven] Wez (T60-1, HKS 264's, AEM)

8. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

9. [unproven] Gruggs (BL71 DBB turbo, BL Auto Box with PI 3800 hi stall, Greddy Intake, HKS CAMS, AEM)

• 2 weeks later...

Any room for a little one??? :)

My car is totally unproven, but isn't too far away from Michels in an all out drag. I've no experience of 1/4 miles either :D, but I'm def game for it,

[unproven] Jevansio (GT4088R, 264's, AEM, Greddy Intake, 6sp, 1.6BAR)

My car is totally unproven, but isn't too far away from Michels in an all out drag. I've no experience of 1/4 miles either :D, but I'm def game for it,

Absolutely - get yourself some drag radials and some race fuel and make the most of your setup :)

Updated list:

5. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

6. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

8. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

9. [unproven] Gruggs (BL71 DBB turbo, BL Auto Box with PI 3800 hi stall, Greddy Intake, HKS CAMS, AEM)

10. [unproven] Jevansio (GT4088R, 264's, AEM, Greddy Intake, 6sp, 1.6BAR)

Cheers,

Brian.

No he isnt that far behind me , I need to remind myself to clean that squshed fly on my rear view mirror one day...... but it keeps coming back......ohhhh its jay...:p

I have a couple of rear slicks I can lend you to shut Michel up ;)

or you can just saw through the bottom half of his gearstick like I did at Marham :eyebrows:

I do have some footage of me breezing past him in one long 3rd gear while he goes through 3 sets of 2000 rpm's worth of viloence, but actually doesn't move forward ;)

Edited by Mike B (see edit history)

Brian, my power output has been tested on road fuel at 580bhp, so the list is updated.

(Hopefully we'll have a race fuel setup as well by the time we get there...)

Updated list:

or you can just saw through the bottom half of his gearstick like I did at Marham :eyebrows:

I do have some footage of me breezing past him in one long 3rd gear while he goes through 3 sets of 2000 rpm's worth of viloence, but actually doesn't move forward ;)

That's very kind of you Mike, I've got 295 888's on at the mo so will see how they go (I'm off to VMax soon :)).

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

3. [12.27] Fish (2835 twins, 264s, AEM, Virtual works intake, 6sp)

4. [12.4] Lee P (2835 twins, built engine, AEM, Veilside intake, 6sp,)

5. [CIRCUIT] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

6. [unproven] Tooquicktostop (Dean) (T04R, 272cams, 6 speed, HC5 Aquamist, 100 shot NOS, Built engine)

7. [unproven] Michel lane (previosuly 12.3 on old setup - now SP74 GTS DBB 6 speed, 272 cams etc)

8. [unproven] Wez (T60-1, HKS 264's, AEM)

9. [unproven] Green with Envy (GT55, 290 cams, AEM, Direct Port Nitrous 150hp, Veilside Intake, 6spd)

Just thought I'd put a more realistic hp figure for myself:)

LOL was when i was holding the gearstick on my lap :p,

• 3 weeks later...

Right guys time to get your entry forms in along with payment - entry form attached to first post on this thread. They need to be in by 3rd July so under 2 weeks...

If you're on this final team list get yours sent in asap:

---

---

Post up here when you've sent yours and I'll get confirmation of receipt from Chris Mann.

Cheers,

Brian.

Brian, updated with my best time from the runs on Sat at the Pod... (my third run ever on the strip :cool:)

---

4. [CIRCUIT - 12.3 @ 1.4bar] SteveL (Stripped, carbon'd up circuit spec Time Attack entrant)

---

Nice one Steve - should be pretty handy on the track if you've managed that on the strip with a circuit optimised car. Were you running decent tyres? :eyebrows:

Again I say this to all our guys - please invest in a set of Mickey Thomson Drag Radials (the road legal ones with tread, NOT the slicks) ahead of running at TOTB. They will help massively with the crap surface there! The other option is Toyo R888's but they won't be quite as sticky.

Also, race fuel is a good idea too - if not for performance optimisation then for protection against det. It's always HOT at TOTB.

Cheers,

Brian.

Seen your run against PW yesterday Steve, you beat him didn't you? :p

Again I say this to all our guys - please invest in a set of Mickey Thomson Drag Radials (the road legal ones with tread, NOT the slicks) ahead of running at TOTB. They will help massively with the crap surface there! The other option is Toyo R888's but they won't be quite as sticky.

Also, race fuel is a good idea too - if not for performance optimisation then for protection against det. It's always HOT at TOTB.

Sound advice Brian :thumbs:

Come on guys get those forms in - Chris is expecting them! :)

Could you also add your full names to your entry line in the list so that Chris can trace the entry forms and payments easier.

Cheers,

Brian.

Nice one Steve - should be pretty handy on the track if you've managed that on the strip with a circuit optimised car. Were you running decent tyres? :eyebrows:

Cheers, I was on R888's running about 15psi and full soft suspension all round - we just gave it a go really:D

Seen your run against PW yesterday Steve, you beat him didn't you? :p

I couldn't possibly comment :innocent: ....

Officially we won a race each, but I reckon Paul lifted on my winning run, he was sliding all over the place!

(...and he does work on my car :taped:)