TOTB7 (2008) - Sunday 27th July, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Ive only just got home, took the RAC 5 hours to get the local boys out to us and they took us to their depot in Hull where we were supposed to be changed over, but no one was there to get us. :(

They then took us to ferrybridge services to be changed over but they couldnt get another truck for us so we had to stay over night in a hotel.

We where then supposed to be picked up at 10.00 in the morning but they didnt get to us till 1.00.

Thankfully the nice Polish driver was a machine and drove us all the way home in 5 hours, so glad to be home.

Thanks to everyone who helped out yesterday it was really good of you.

Well done to everyone who took part.

I managed a 12.4 on my last run when I boke the car. Bouncing off the limiter in first trying to get traction off the line was the killer

On my top speed run I missed a gear and only managed 144mph which was a bit dissapointing as I know I could have done much better.

Thanks again guys for pushing my car :thumbs:

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Sorry you had problems too Kev, well done with the top speed run.

Hope you get it sorted soon. :thumbs:

As usual I left TOTB with mixed feelings. Happy with my 177.3mph over 1000m but was disapointed to leave the event with a broken car. The weather was exceptionally hot and brutal for high powered engines.

Things were just looking up, was 3rd in the overall top speed challenge and was only 5mph of the then leader so decided to go out for another run as I was sure I could find the extra 5mph after doing the 1/4 in 13 seconds on the previous run. Unfortuntly it was'nt to be and it looks like i have at least bent a valve.

Congrats to the other drivers who represented the Supra comunity very well.

I think after 5 years of representing the Supra comunity at TOTB this will also be my last year event. The sound regulations were a real pain and I really feel this event is just not right for high power rwd cars. There's just no traction, the more power you have the less grip you tend to get. Despite trying numerous setups and techniques over the years I still can't get the power down and tend to drift the quarter mile spining in every gear!

Hopefully I can get the car fixed within the next 2 weeks for rotor stock for the next round of the HKS drag series.

Just got home, blimey.

I know been a long couple of days, we were still sitting out side the airfield at 9.30 at night not knowing if they where coming to get us.

It was getting dark and we were in the middle of nowhere 260miles from home, not a nice situation. :(

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

I know been a long couple of days, we were still sitting out side the airfield at 9.30 at night not knowing if they where coming to get us.

It was getting dark and we were in the middle of nowhere 260miles from home, not a nice situation. :(

Glad you got back ok mate. Was nice to meet you :)

Pleased you got back home bud, you were there one minute & gone the next, when I drove out I felt gutted for you, wished there was something I could have done :(

You could have put me up for the night :D

It was really good to meet you Jay :thumbs: well done yesterday chap

RAC paid for the hotel so at least they got that right and I saved a lot of fuel on the way home. :)

You could have put me up for the night :D

It was really good to meet you Jay :thumbs: well done yesterday chap

RAC paid for the hotel so at least they got that right and I saved a lot of fuel on the way home. :)

You too mate (& Nancy)

What's the plan for the car now?

You too mate (& Nancy)

What's the plan for the car now?

Will take the engine out and drop the sump off to check the damage, hopefully I will get away with new bearings and another crank but will have to see.

If its worse than that I may have to wait till the winter, mmm maybe a stroker kit. :D

Team MKIVSupra.net beat Team MR2, Vipers and Team Vauxhall :thumbs:

Indeed, Kevin's 6 points on the top speed run was all it took too, with 10 good cars you should be able to get a few more points in that side of things even you don't score in the 1/4 or handling.

Think you have a point there Michael. Big power supras are definatly more cut out for the top speed side of things. There is actually less grip on that track than what there is on most dual carriage ways! As a team I think it would be good to concetrate more on that discipline next year and bring home the points.

If only I could of got some grip on the 1/4 I could have maybe made it into 6th gear and won the top speed challenge. I was already 15mph down on my usual Santa Pod 1/4mile terminal speed.

Indeed, Kevin's 6 points on the top speed run was all it took too, with 10 good cars you should be able to get a few more points in that side of things even you don't score in the 1/4 or handling.
Edited by Kevin Huntley (see edit history)

As a team I think it would be good to concetrate more on that discipline next year and bring home the points.

Sounds like a plan.

Its a shame the team leader board was not on display, well not that I saw anyway as that would have given us an idea of where to focus to get the most points.

Although my EGTs on the top speed run were 980deg, maybe if I didnt go crazy and redline each gear it would stay cooler.