The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to TT engine transplant - step by step guide (Pic heavy)

miko_supra

Yeah it is a shame when the pics no longer work. Could there not be a rule that any 'guides/how to' must have the pics uploaded to the site?

same thing happened to my ICV thread bud, just report it to Homer or a Mod, and Mawby should get the pics back, :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saved this thread awhile back in my folder. I am not going to go through the hassle of re-uploading all the images for this guy. So I have zipped the files and uploaded to Hotfile for everyone.

http://hotfile.com/dl/97907573/0e9dc6f/NA_to_TT_Engine_Transplant_by_miko_supra.zip.html

Excellent, thanks very much! :thumbs:

same thing happened to my ICV thread bud, just report it to Homer or a Mod, and Mawby should get the pics back, :D

Different issue here mate, the pics were uploaded to an extenral site which has since deleted them, so someone* will need to re-add each of them manually. This is why we now always insist on picture being loaded to the forum for project threads.

* Updating them now.. will take a couple of hours!

No problems guys, just to let you know I have pretty much just completed the conversion. This guide isn't complete in anyway it still misses a few things which I needed to refer to the manual, need help from my cousin who is a mechanic and relied on the Australia Supra Forums. But it is a good basis to start with.

No problems guys, just to let you know I have pretty much just completed the conversion. This guide isn't complete in anyway it still misses a few things which I needed to refer to the manual, need help from my cousin who is a mechanic and relied on the Australia Supra Forums. But it is a good basis to start with.

Can you be a bit more specific with what was missing? It'll help others :)

To be honest I can't really remember. But me and my cousin are in the process of writing up a how to, just won't have the pictures so once that is done I guess you can cross reference things.

• 4 weeks later...
so. how much does this cost except the new clutch. also how much will a 69000 mile n/a lump sell for to reap some fund s back.

Na lumps are worth very little, usually well under £500 on here, upto around £600-700 on ebay occasionally. I've seen loads offered on here for circa £100-200.

When I come to sell my NA lump on, I won't expect much for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest neil5992

Just came across this guide, glad i have found it now as i have a couple of questions i hope some of yous can help me with.

Im currently converting my na auto to a manual 6spd tt and was wondering if the engine mounts are different for the tt? Also where would be best to source a new prop shaft for the 6spd manual box? Currently got the engine out just in the process of locating a pedal box and hydraulic lines for the clutch which i think will be a nightmare installing :( this is the first major conversion i have done so any help is appreciated i will be sure to upload pics of my progress.

• 2 months later...
Guest adddamo

just wondering, have started na 5speed - tt 6speed conversion. just extend the tt tailshaft to the a series diff? having trouble finding b series diff or any tt series diff for that matter have lsd center for it though

• 1 year later...
i have a question how long do you think a N/A transmission would last with a TT engine.... or does it even hold up good enough?

depends how it is driven, few people running W58 with TT & NA-T as long as you use a decent gearbox oil and respect the box you should be ok

i have a question how long do you think a N/A transmission would last with a TT engine.... or does it even hold up good enough?

Should be classed as a temporary fix especially when running BPU levels, as it really is just a matter or when rather then if.