The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lambo doors.

a98pmalcolm

They do look good at times, however they're not suited at all. The doors are really heavy and it can make getting in and out of the car a real hassle.

Makes the car look cheap in my opinion. I wouldn't bother.

When they're shut

Heres some you could try

SupraSuicideLambo.jpg

I've had Lambo doors on one of my supes before.

Getting in and out was really easy, people parked next to me, no problem.

Opening and closing was no problem, I did have plans to modify it to make it better.

Did I like the look ..... Yes

Do I like it now...... Not sure

Would I do it again...... Not a chance

Why, doesn't go with my current car really.

Fitting is easy, it lifts the door no problem, closing is fine

Alignment is a nightmare though.

Passengers were the worst for wrecking it

Yeah, they are a no go. I have seen a few cars with the smoothed doors and no handles though they look quite nice but thats the only door changes I might look at.

Don't go there either, the solenoids to pop the doors open always fill up with condensation, and quite frankly a pita however you choose to use the car.

Daily - Causes excess wear which the device can't cope with demand.

weekend - Leave the keys in the car (as you may forget to take them out) - you're Fk'd, battery drain - you're Fk'd, central locking issues - you're Fk'd (no key hole)

Its the same with lambo doors, good for a fortnight or so but such a headache.

You all say they are horrible, make the car look cheap, dated and don't suit it but to no honest a lot of aftermarket body kits you all have CHOSEN to have on yours look horrible, cheap and dated. Modern times are well passed fast and furious body kits unless you're going to make the car look mental. And unless you're making it look mental you may as well have subtle more modern looking modifications that keep the supra looking like it fits in 2014. So really these excuses can't be used with regards to not having lambo style doors. If you like them then put them on. Who cares what we think!? It's your car. A vast majority of supras I'm sad go to say look horrendous. Mine included when I first got It. But money is the only limiting factor for it right now :)

you have to open the door slightly horizontally first before the open vertically had them on an old car of mine only on the car for 2 weeks loved the look and car park access was grate but when its call for getting in and out quick like when its raining don't count on it your gonna get wet also they do rattle when the doors are shut my brackets were half inch thick metal so not cheep flexi ones