The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash and run.. in rear quarter of my Supra :( (pics)

Gabriella

My Supra was covered in snow so I didn't see any damage when I was coming back from work last night...

This morning my boyfriend wake me up and ask, what have I done to my car?! I replied, "eh :search: Nothing?!!!, why??" ....

I'm going to see if I can get a CCTV from last night...then I'm going to Police and then going to cry for a bit :(

Damage is of the rear driver side but on a bright side my carbon diffuser is untouched :)

:(

Edited by Gabriella (see edit history)

Me too last year. I got told if I can get CCTV footage, then they would arrest them for criminal damage as they drove off. When I told them there was no CCTV, they said if I can find the white van with a dent in it and get some photo evidence of the collision (paint match etc) then they could get the too.

Yeah, because there arent 500 vans like that around Bristol :rolleyes:

Has to be a witness or cctv with the reg number or your totally wasting your

time.

I found the vehicle that hit my car, had damage exactly where you'd expect it to

be and was a perfect match to the pale blue paint left on my bonnet.

Made no difference

Good luck with the police, I had the same done to me on my last supra...

My official police response from the BTP was and I quote "it does not meet our criteria for pursuing an investigation".

Apart from the fact the CCTV footage showed who did it, number plate all clearly visible. So instead of tracking the person down and stating that they broke a number of laws, 1. Criminal damage and 2. Leaving the scene of an accident it seemed that they just could not be bothered.

I ended up footing the bill which was a hefty 4 figure sum!

Now dont get me wrong I am one to stand up for the normal bobby as they do a great Job but the British Transport Police (BTP)... well it seems they are too busy doing something else and we all know what that is.

That's awful, if this doesn't prove again how the standard of driving in the UK is falling!! I had a similar dent on my rear quarter when I left my Type R on the road rather than in my bay.

I am sure it has to do with insurance being such a rip off hence why people just drive off!! Still no excuse.

see this really annoys the living daylights out of me, i mean to hit a car then leave the scene, leaving no details. I hope you find the farker on CCTV kid, if need be with the way im feeling just now, need some Hulk Rage dished out let me know, im one hacked off boy today, Your BF will tell you why. :)

I've had the same thing happen to me about 4 times with different cars. I've been looking in to low power surveillance installs that can monitor the front and back of the car when it's parked. Not settled on one yet, but will let you all know if I have any joy.

Now dont get me wrong I am one to stand up for the normal bobby as they do a great Job but the British Transport Police (BTP)... well it seems they are too busy doing something else and we all know what that is.

I haven't the foggiest what the BTP do at any time. That sucks and should of been investigated.

Good luck with tracking down the scum bag that did this, I hate finding damage in my cars, unfortunately it is usually caused by my wife.

I've had the same thing happen to me about 4 times with different cars. I've been looking in to low power surveillance installs that can monitor the front and back of the car when it's parked. Not settled on one yet, but will let you all know if I have any joy.

A client has just installed cameras bought from here http://www.blackvue.co.uk and is really pleased with them. The detail of journeys linked to Googlemaps is quite spooky but in the first month he had two incidents in Glasgow where the recorded image was useful to support his version of events, including one where the car in front reversed into him and the driver claimed my client had driven into him. I understand that is quite common in some areas.

Don't know how it compares with te competition in terms of features and price, he just bought the first one he saw

Thank you for your support guys :thumbs:

This morning at work I had a chat with security... 3 out of 14 cameras were watching/recording my Supra last night :yahoo: ..because its a new system and all it will take a day or two to sort it out. Well happy about that. I will try to get the disc of the damage and I will put it up here later in the week. Hopefully a positive outcome ahead!

This morning at work I had a chat with security... 3 out of 14 cameras were watching/recording my Supra last night :yahoo: ..because its a new system and all it will take a day or two to sort it out. Well happy about that. I will try to get the disc of the damage and I will put it up here later in the week. Hopefully a positive outcome ahead!

Great news, it'll be nice if you catch them and whoever is responsible is charged by the police or at least made to pay for the repairs.

Fantastic news, please pop it on YouTube too as an educational video on how not to act as a model citizen.