The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 22.23.24 July 2005

250horses

The Japanese Auto Extravaganza is at Peterborough East Of England showground this year as its got too big for Billing.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/

Best bit is there is a Holiday Inn Express across the road with rooms @ circa £60 a night. And you can book for just the one night !! So for me this year, Party. Party, Party on Sat 23rd, no tent, no loo in the ground miles away, no horns or donuts at 4am just a EN-SUITE flushing loo, air con and electricity :p So book quick they only have 80 rooms

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/ptruk?irs=null

Click below to confirm attendance:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=108&day=2005-7-22

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a club area, the club picks up the bill for that one so mkivsupra.net members only. Entry to the place is like at Billing, you will need to pay seperately to get in. I will track down the prices and further details and post them up.

JB

• 1 month later...
Guest Rays the roof

OK we need two cars to represent our club at JAE:

1) A cosmetically modded car to show what can be done to the looks of the car compared to stock.

2) A performance modded car (Big single or twins).

Please contact me by mail with spec and photo's as we need to decide on the cars within the next fortnight!

Cheers

Ray

Could the meet up point not be the same as last year? Then we can have the convoy going for longer?

Just a thought.

(That being the big Sunday entry convoy).

The convoy point from last year is a seriously long way away from the showground so Im not sure it would work out. The convoy point Im looking at this year is on the A14/A1 junction at Huntingdon. It means people coming from the south east come up the M11/A14, those from London come up the A1 and those from the North can come along the A14 from the M1 at junction 19. Its still a fair drive from the a14/a1 junction to Peterborough and I think its 3/4 lane motorway which should give some interesting group shots for anybody that want some...

JB

I have seen the draft layout plan and it should be a better event for all the clubs as theres a central arena and all the traders are located round it and then the clubs around that. Not sure what the camping is going to be like though..

JB

More info closer to the time. This year we will need to see proof of club membership to be on the club stand. We have 150 spaces booked so there will be enough space for everybody. As its a new location I dont know how the roads are laid out, but the marshalls will direct you towards the mkiv supra owners club stand.

The largest number of supras turn out on the Sunday, always been that way but so long as you are a club member you should be able to get on the stand.

JB

Never been to this site before, but it seems its not a campsite.

Anyone know if they're laying on Porta Loo's / Porta Showers / Porta Food or anyother Porta thing we might want???

Regards

SV

the site centres around a cinder/speedway track with a big grass area in the middle with a large grandstand - this is circled by a 3to4 foot solid fence. beyond this lots of grass areas Numerous permanent 'facilities' rather than just portas', and plenty of hard standing areas. plus I've been top various access/exit gates closely controlled/manned for security

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, who is collecting the cheques for this event? or is it to early to think about that? Please could you let me know, who, what, where and when!!

Regards

:rolleyes:

It's pay on the day:

£10 for one day ticket and £15 for two days including 1 nights camping!

Is anyone else as gutted as me that there is no non-owners club camping. :woot:

I went to billing with my girlfreind and a couple of other friends and loved it, we were hoping to do the same this year but now found out that this won't be possible as they are not in an owners club. :complain:

Not happy at all. :thumbdown

Pay the £10 membership fee then you tight get and join in the fun!! LOL!

Guest jimbo123

I'm defo going to this event as i was too late for JAPFEST and the marshalls would not let me get onto the stand.

Sorry people coming down from Nottingham so will defo meet on the A14 if this happens.............

Anyone else camping ?????

I think it will be a laugh but not shure how I'm going to get my tent in the car :help:

I am arriving Fri night with couple of others so we can get prepared for Sat. Join us if you like.

Is anyone else as gutted as me that there is no non-owners club camping. :woot:

I went to billing with my girlfreind and a couple of other friends and loved it, we were hoping to do the same this year but now found out that this won't be possible as they are not in an owners club. :complain:

Not happy at all. :thumbdown

hmm, I better look in to this.

JB

I'm defo going to this event as i was too late for JAPFEST and the marshalls would not let me get onto the stand.

Sorry people coming down from Nottingham so will defo meet on the A14 if this happens.............

Anyone else camping ?????

I think it will be a laugh but not shure how I'm going to get my tent in the car :help:

There'll be quite a few of us "slumming it". Rays taking a big tent, but after Japfest I understand that its all reserved for Colsoop :hug: :kissass:

Dale if you think I'm :limp: you're very mistaken. I'm Bi all the way big boy!! x x x'

There'll be quite a few of us "slumming it". Rays taking a big tent, but after Japfest I understand that its all reserved for Colsoop :hug: :kissass:

LMAO There is always room for a small one :gayfight: :grouphug:

You saw Dale in the urinal then Col?

if fifteen pounds covers one nights camping how much is it for the other night? :blink:

I have got the second night free for a FEW members on the basis that we will need to set up the stand etc on the Friday. Really it's just an excuse so we can have two nights on the p*ss. :nana: :friday: :nana:

Guest Rays the roof

INFO RECIEVED OFF CLAIRE AT JAE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Please find attached the current layout for JAE 2005. Please note this is subject to change but we will try not to make any alterations to those clubs that have already reserved a plot. You will see from the plot we have circled around the arena to keep clubs as close to the action as possible and have provided ample camping space. This is in addition to those wishing to camp on their own club plot. Now that we have more space to work with you will see, when you get to JAE, that we have increased the amount of space per car by 30%! We hope you approve.

In addition to the layout I have attached a booking form for an electrical supply. Please note these must be received with payment in full no later than Friday 15 July. I appreciate this is a duplicate of a lot of the information you have given already but we need this to pass on to the electrician.

As far as 'evening entertainment' goes please bear in mind we are adjacent a residential area and your cooperation in turning down the volumes of any systems at a reasonable time would be greatly appreciated. Lets make this a great event for everyone at JAE and for the local residents, please.

From the plan you will see there are two bars. These will be open from 11am until 5pm on Saturday and Sunday and will be open from 7pm until 11pm on Saturday only. The general public will be required to leave the site by 6pm so we hope we can rely on your cooperation to enforce this and we hope the two hour break in bar service makes this easier to enforce. There will be no bar on Friday night, so you'll have to bring your own. The bar will have an off-sales service of cans and bottles. Please make the best use of this as it prevents multiple trips to the local supermarkets.

In addition to the bar there is a restaurant which can cope for about 100 covers at any one time. Saturday night will be a curry night, Friday is yet to be determined. Once we have the full menus we will post them on the http://www.japcarclub.com/jae forum. If you want to reserve a table please contact Jacqui Wheatley at the East of England Showground. Jacqui can be contacted on 01733 234451 or at [email protected]

Please note whilst we are happy for you to promote your club to all visitors we have a strict 'no flyers policy'. This is to prevent litter. On that matter, we will be giving each club some sacks during the day to help keep the place tidy. There will be regular litter picks but we need your help to clear up your club stand. Don't forget there is a competition for the best Car Club. Whilst this does include layout and presentation it also includes all other elements, such as safety, cleanliness, friendliness etc.

Saturday evening will see a Flame-out competition. There will be two classes. Assisted and Normally aspirated. If your members are interested in competing they will need to complete a form and hand it in on the evening. A copy of the form is attached.

Sunday morning, just to blow the cob-webs away will see the return of the Japcarclubs Tug o War. We already have a list of teams but, if you haven't entered one yet please let us know. Rules will be clarified nearer the event. As with all competitions it will finish with the usual fountain of champagne for the winners.

If you are interested in helping with any of the events please let us know. As well as the events listed above we have a Show n Shine competition. If your members are interested in helping with the marshalling or judging we could do with it. Anyone helping will receive a VIP pass for JAE, giving them free entry to the show.

Other information such as opening times for the gates, list of food stalls, agenda for the two days and other information will be posted shortly.

If you need hotels locally we have agreed a discount with some and these can be found here: http://www.infotel.co.uk/ratecard/ratecard.aspx?id=RC_JAE2005

In the meantime please note the receipts sent to you are INCLUSIVE of VAT. For your records The Organisation (marketing and events) Limited VAT number is 850 9586 91

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAEPlot8June2005[1].pdf

So What's the score now?

I'm slightly confused :blink: Is it just turn up saturday, camp sat night stay sunday and then go home? Or can we stay Fri night as well?

Will we be camping near the cars, or is there a seperate area?

Do we pay on arrival?

You can turn up Friday night and camp the whole weekend or turn up saturday morning and camp the rest of the weekend or you can turn up on Saturday or SUnday and do a single day.

You pay on the gate when you arrive and how much you pay depends on how long you are staying for.

The site plan shows a specific camping area but I believe you can also camp on the club stand but only on the basis that tents are down by 9am. I will check what other camping options there are.

There are also some local hotels so you can pay for the whole weekend and go out and live the life of luxury in a travel inn.

JB

Guest jimbo123

I shall be camping but think it would be a good idea to try and get us all together as much as we can.

Who's camping from Fri afternoon?