The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

Must admit im not a fan of venting the breather back into the intake also.

Any light oil vapour into the intake system will actually lower the octane level of the mixture. The 3sgte is a good one for this as they always have abit of oil vapour out of the breather and for this Toyota actually fitted a small catch can on the later revisions.

On the earlier ones i always find you can get abit more power out of them by removing the breather input into the intake.

Ryan

I am with Ryan on this but with a slight twist, I'll explain, having seen the amount of oil that sits in the low areas of the intake runners.

I have always run the PCV and the WOT breathers teed into a catch can (sealed) and then back into a pre turbo pipe, this way i believe that most/all of the oil vapour has dropped out due to the long pipe runs and tank, whilst still maintaining a degree of PCV from the pre turbo intake vacuum.

Now since doing this i no longer have oil sitting in the lower intake runners, as i had with the std PCV system, and i think this is mainly due to the pipe lengths involved, now I'm not saying Toyota got anything wrong, just that they obviously worked the PCV system out to a budget, so short pipe runs etc.

So that is my take on the subject, and it works for me.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What makes you think that is holding you back? I'm not familiar with the n1 evo, is that a particularly restrictive exhaust?

The exhaust is very very quiet, on the dyno you could hardly hear the exhaust tone in the car. Also the car wouldn't take any timing and liked the fueling to be richer to combat high EGT and knock. Im 100% sure it is the exhaust as have done many cars with this type of exhaust and none of them make great power due to the flow restriction.

The best exhausts i have found for Power and torque are the 4" systems. An example is Homers old car, when it had the BL 4" system it made 544bhp and 500ftlb. After the new owner put a smaller quiet exhaust (not sure on brand) i could only find around 500bhp and 480ftlb at the same boost.

The only quiet exhaust which doesn't seem to have flow problems IMO is the tanabe medilion

The only quiet exhaust which doesn't seem to have flow problems IMO is the tanabe medilion

A civilized exhaust is a must for me, for the time being the Apexi is perfect, however should I require to unlease the monster then atleast I know what route to take...thx Ryan. :thumbs:

As you may have guessed - Track Day cancelled due to ICE on the track.... :(

Better to be safe than sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
1 week and the WI kit has used up about 2Ltr worth of liquid; seems like I need to fine tune the setting of when the injector fires.

This morning the WI tank was completely empty, is it just me or did the 1 gallon mix not last very long?

Posted via Mobile Device

May be coming on to low, iirc did you go with the large jet? im on the smallest one and it still drinks it, Im considering the 5 gallon tank aem do now.

BUGGER

I am using the medium sized jet.

Comes on at 11psi (Max I car set it at) and full jet at 22PSI (which I never hit) and despite that, its emptied the tank :(