The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Something that may sway me towards sky - will there be an increase in cost if I mod the car slightly, I'm thinking of an induction kit and changing the wheels from the standard 18" alloys to 18" white alloys? Also, does the quote include legal cover? I forgot to ask that when I was talking to Luke.

Just switched from Elephant to Sky. About £100 cheaper (even after Elephant attempted to keep me with them!) and generally better terms and conditions, especially re: mods. Was also refreshing to talk to someone who seemed genuinely interested in cars. Top work Ollie! He didn't even make any hairdressy comments when he found out I now have a Celica 190 instead of my beloved old Supra...

Anyway - definitely give Sky a phone if you're looking around.

Something that may sway me towards sky - will there be an increase in cost if I mod the car slightly, I'm thinking of an induction kit and changing the wheels from the standard 18" alloys to 18" white alloys? Also, does the quote include legal cover? I forgot to ask that when I was talking to Luke.

Your best bet is to give Luke another call. We use lots of different companies and they all have different terms for mods.

uninsured loss recovery cover is definately on the policy.

J

Hi all,

just a couple of things:

1) We've just reviewed our stats and Supras are performing well.. (not many claims)

2) We have an offer on breakdown cover for November:

Here are the details, please contact any of my colleagues if you are interested. You do not need to be insured with us to take advantage of this great offer.

Why do you need Spectrum Motor Breakdown?

- Emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year throughout the UK

- Roadside assistance and recovery provided by approved garages and mechanics

- Assistance after Breakdown, accident, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft

- Key breakage or keys locked in a car

- Flat or punctured tyre

- Flat battery

- Cover for you and up to 7 passengers in your car

- Message relay service

- Up to 6 assistances per year

Why Choose spectrum Motor Breakdown?

Spectrum Motor Breakdown is provided by Europ Assistance one of the world's most widely used emergency assistance services,

protecting over 109 million people worldwide.

We have a excellent value special offer for all exsisting customers during the month of October, where we offering our full service which covers you for Roadside assistance, National Recovery, Doorstep cover and european cover for only £49.95

Please feel free to contact us on 0208 364 5500 to discuss this further, or should you have any questions.

* This company will only take cars aged 15 years or younger *

I haven't got the stats broken down for the 200SXs but on a whole (and surprisingly) they were performing well.

Ollie

So fingers crossed I should be lower this year ;), how many days before renewal datedo you get the renewal price through? Mine is due appx 1st - 2nd week December.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again Sky annoyed me with their initial renewal premium, but after a phone call I was quoted happy.

The renewal on the daily sh*tter came in at £391 (about what the car is worth), but after calling round a few companies found the cheapest was £315. Called Sky and they matched it.

Insurance is much the same as buying cars/parts, you need to haggle a bit :D

Damn shame they can't do multi-car policies

Yet again Sky annoyed me with their initial renewal premium, but after a phone call I was quoted happy.

:yeahthat:

Got my renewal figure. I called SXOC official insurer Adrian Flux as they offer same service as Sky.

Adrian came in appx £40 cheaper (not got exact figures on me) So called Sky back up to ask if they can do better, in the end they beat Adrians quote by £8.

I have noticed a few mistakes on my renewal that may bring the price down however waiting on the revised renewal letter before I call Sky to query.

:yeahthat: without the quoted happy bit after a phone call :(

Second year running Sky have offered me an initial premium that's been ~15% more than what I paid them the previous year. So far Elephant are winning but I've not yet tried the main Sky competitors of Adrian Flux et al. I'm hoping Sky will match the best quote I get for the mirrored NCB on my daily drive.

:yeahthat: without the quoted happy bit after a phone call :(

Second year running Sky have offered me an initial premium that's been ~15% more than what I paid them the previous year. So far Elephant are winning but I've not yet tried the main Sky competitors of Adrian Flux et al. I'm hoping Sky will match the best quote I get for the mirrored NCB on my daily drive.

No offence but Sky do seem expensive, never been able to beat elephant, if you phone elephant they always seem to give more discount. Elephant mirrored my NCB.

£500 for UK Spec Supra and i'm 24yr with 3pts, 4yrs NCD, 2 claims in last 5yr, 10,000 miles a year.