The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is sold!

Homer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owww kayla is going to kick your arse now :D

She is, I've spoken to her, and you should expect an ass kicking...

On the plus side, the new owner is a club member and a good guy so she will be well cared for.

I know what you're all thinking, but sorry all, it's not me :p

1.8 in a car that heavy is gonna feel like its in reverse after your motor. 2.0 or 2.5 minimum or a diesel on a 5 series estate for sure.

Fair point Bri, I'm not looking for a performance motor for now, just something to haul things from the local DIY stores :D

I've driven the 518i before (it belongs to my brother in law) so know what to expect, but it's no bother. The only times I've hit positive boost in the last few months have been during convoys to/from meets, or on a recent RR day. It doesn't see positive boost 99% of the time. It's just a waste of time me having such a "potentially" powerful car and never using it. Might as well own something sensible before I settle elsewhere.

BTW Bri, it might still be Holland :D

Fair enough if you've driven it before you know how it feels. I've had estates for years now and the lower powered ones really struggle when you start filling them up. Fifth gear when the car is loaded will be for downhill. That said beemer engines in general are more torquey than fords etc.

I can't fault holland as a place to settle for a while but they'll sting you for huge tax after 10 years so not a permanent choice by any means.

It will only be used for the shopping haul and the occasional motorway jouney back to the west country/Manchester/Cornwall. The motorway stuff tends to be during peak times so only 60-80mph anyway. It really doesn't bother me having a low powered car for this sort of trip and means I can carry passengers and luggage for once!

Possibly looking to move to either the Utrecht (or surrounding areas) next year. It'll be for less than a year so should still be able to contract using my UK based company and avoid the horrible Dutch taxes!

Sad day today, watched the new owner drive her away this afternoon :cry: Nearly brought a tear to my eye, amazing how attached we can get to our cars!

She's in good hands and sounds like she'll be getting some nice new goodies fitted soon :cool:

I'm sure the new owner will be along at some point to announce himself :)

Picked up my 97 BMW 518i ES Touring today. Very comfortable and practical.... performance is not so good :D