The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is sold!

Homer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think when you're buying a car as heavily modified as this one, you need to know it's been done by someone who a) knows what he's doing and b) you can trust.

I've known Darryl for a few years now, and he fits the bill in both categories.

I've been looking for a nice manual single for a few weeks now, and when I mentioned to Darryl that I wanted a car just like this... Well, you know what happened then.

And Darryl lives local, which is handy for me.;) Poor bloke...

Well, I have been thinking about it, but RLTC and new wheels probably come first. I don't think I can afford the brakes as well!

Oh, and raising the bugger off the ground. Darryl, I have no idea how you managed to drive it anywhere. I've got three car parks near where I work, and this Supra doesn't go around any of them without hitting the nosecone or the exhaust! :twak:

Sad day today, watched the new owner drive her away this afternoon :cry: Nearly brought a tear to my eye, amazing how attached we can get to our cars!

I've got to admit, I was quite happy to hear my car dissapear off into the distance (for a whole 5 minutes after the new owner had gone) - I'm surprised now how my neighbours put up with me for so long.

She's in good hands and sounds like she'll be getting some nice new goodies fitted soon :cool:

You're lucky, mine is now in the hands of someone that has already admitted to nearly crashing it twice and is only using standard unleaded fuel - no matter how many times I tell him he can't....

Picked up my 97 BMW 518i ES Touring today. Very comfortable and practical.... performance is not so good :D

I've managed to replace mine with something a little more respectable however. I needed the larger car and still needed some power, so I grabbed a 350bhp / 380lb/ft SUV! A 2001 Mercedes ML55 AMG - and after the race car suspension I had on the soop, I LOVE IT!! Got a few grand kicking around now for a few Kleeman parts, so at some point I will be supercharging my "truck".

Good to see you've found the thread Darren :) I know you've not had much chance to have a proper drive of it yet, but trust me, it'll keep you grinning like a madman every time you get the throttle down :D

Blimey, it must've been really low with Darryl in it! :D

You're not wrong :D

I've got to admit, I was quite happy to hear my car dissapear off into the distance (for a whole 5 minutes after the new owner had gone) - I'm surprised now how my neighbours put up with me for so long.

Too true! The car had the baffle fitted when it left and it still sounded rather loud, I could hear it for a good few hundred yeards! God knows what it was like for my neighbours without the baffle.

You're lucky, mine is now in the hands of someone that has already admitted to nearly crashing it twice and is only using standard unleaded fuel - no matter how many times I tell him he can't....

Now thats sad :( In fact it was your car I was recommending to Darren when he was first looking for one...

Eagle F1s at the moment. From past experience, I think the Eagles are very good, so I don't think I'll be changing them.

I think the cold weather and the rain are probably my biggest problems at the moment. My old BPU had trouble gripping in this weather, so I've got no hope in the black beast!

Now thats sad In fact it was your car I was recommending to Darren when he was first looking for one...

Yes, we did have a conversation about it and it was a great car. But having had a silver car previously, I thought gunmetal was just a little too similar. I really wanted a black one...

I dont have the money or the free space to run different sets of tyres for summer and winter. So I really need a good all round set. I'm about to buy new wheels, so I guess now is a good time to make the right decision. I was going to go with Eagle F1s again, but I'm happy to be advised otherwise!

But now I feel bad for hijacking Homer's thread and turning it into a discussion about tyres. :(