My new rear

michael

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a few changes made to the boot lid last week, just wanted it a bit smoother so it was easier to clean and needed to fix some rust at the bottom of the glass. I kept the spoiler, I like spoilers.

Oh! That's a bit disappointing Michael. I thought we were going to discuss blonde chicks with tight arses wen I read the heading:p

The car looks real nice though!

Looks good, I like that:cool: I never knew you could remove the 3rd brake light completely. I always thought it was a must have for MOT's

It's required to be fitted on cars manufactured after a certain date... which I forget.

edit: it would appear that if one is fitted then it must work in order to pass, if the car doesn't have one then it's fine.

Prior to this I had one of the "blank" UK brake lights fitted, these don't work and never have, it's passed plenty of MOTs in it's life like this.

I did fit a known working one but Toyota did something with the wiring on some of the UK cars so you have to hack around to get it working, I couldn't be bothered in the end.

So in summary I've never had a working centre brake light and never had MOT issues, this may not be the case with new cars.

Prior to this I had one of the "blank" UK brake lights fitted, these don't work and never have, it's passed plenty of MOTs in it's life like this.

I did fit a known working one but Toyota did something with the wiring on some of the UK cars so you have to hack around to get it working, I couldn't be bothered in the end.

So in summary I've never had a working centre brake light and never had MOT issues, this may not be the case with new cars.

Nice one, just didn't fancy doing this only to find out i fail the MOT

Same here, never had a problem at MOT time either. Eventually I put in a working one though as Pete complained he couldn't tell when I was braking on the 2005 midlands gumball, seems the two big round red lights weren't enough for the old fella :D

Same here, never had a problem at MOT time either. Eventually I put in a working one though as Pete complained he couldn't tell when I was braking on the 2005 midlands gumball, seems the two big round red lights weren't enough for the old fella :D

When I'm that close behind because you're driving so much like an old woman I couldn't see them so well. :p

Did you just plug in and find it worked? I got a new one for mine but it still didn't do anything - noticed Ernie Groover had done a write-up a while ago and located some wires that needed tinkering with, I just didn't feel the need to have one that much, the 4 J-Spec brake lights in the cluster are enough.

When I'm that close behind because you're driving so much like an old woman I couldn't see them so well. :p

Touché ;) I admit I was a little cautious that first outing :innocent: My confidence must has grown since, I was called a 'nutter' on this years dragonball :blink:

Did you just plug in and find it worked? I got a new one for mine but it still didn't do anything - noticed Ernie Groover had done a write-up a while ago and located some wires that needed tinkering with, I just didn't feel the need to have one that much, the 4 J-Spec brake lights in the cluster are enough.

Didn't just plug in and work no, the connecter needs to be wired to the other side of the car in the headlining. Wasn't too much work...

We got a bit carried away with removing half the car before we consulted the guide again in more detail :D

I suppose if I knew the hassle involved it might not have been done but I'm glad it's in as it always bugged me.