The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine ""KABOOM""

Guest coldflame

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fastest i've ever gone is 120 on the speedo, 112 on the gps, the needle just bounces, need to get the limmiter off however im not that botherd at the moment i mainly want 0 - 60 time's :p

i do think 176 is a bit wild, as long as the motorway was clear then fair play any car's about i think you should look at thinks from a different view, i always think of it as, if i had a child in my car and some one crashed into me due to wanting a rush or race i would tear there arm off and beat them with the wet end ( not the child) but like i say if you judge the situation and it was a long safe strip, clear then put the pedal to the floor, however what worrys me, 176 mph what happens if you have a blow out? also what if you wiz past some police, do you use any devices and can you slow down in time?

I think these threads highlight which owners have a Supra for whatever other reason and the owners that have them because they are real petrolheads with a speed addiction. Some people do drugs, some people go drinking all the time, some people gamble but for me it's the high octane rubber burning adrenaline rushing addiction of speed.

Whilst the thread poster could have been more subtle and perhaps kept the exact speed to themselves, I can relate and have been known to approach the lower right hand side of the speedo. In fact when mapping it is necessary.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope you get it sorted soon coldflame :)

Cheers,

Brian.

We all Drive Fast cars... If we didnt drive them fast we might as well buy a metro..

I think the trick is not to be so open about it... least not in the public section...

I think everyone has been guilty of 'Hmmm I wonder how fast it is' If coldflame had of posted in the driving cronicals and said 'I just blew away a GTR @ 1** leptons' Hed be getting a pat on the back 'Good Kill'

Some things are best left not said :)

I agree with your point that from many people's point of view, 130mph and 176mph are pretty much equally crazy.

However, there is a big difference in terms of braking distance. A 46mph increase is 35% faster, which equates to 1.82 times the k.e. and a corresponding 82% increase in stopping distance. Despite the perception of the public, that's a huge difference.

Yes certainly, but 130 is still almost double our maximum speed limit, so no-one can really get on a high horse, especialy if they have had their j-specs delimited.

I did a silly speed once, I admit it. I woke up the next morning with a completely flat tyre!

It made me realise that it doesn't matter how well prepared your car is, there is so much that can go wrong, and badly wrong at these speeds. Some of us have 13 year old cars capable of these speeds with lots of worn parts. I was very lucky.

Drive safely guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes certainly, but 130 is still almost double our maximum speed limit, so no-one can really get on a high horse, especialy if they have had their j-specs delimited.

Exactly. Saying doing 130 is less stupid than 176 is like saying shooting 2 people is less illegal than shooting 3 people.

Crazy logic. You hit a car on the motorway at 70, you'll probably walk away (as my mate did the other day, though at 65). You hit a car at 130 its gonna be messy.

Glad your car is back on the road though. Can't believe how unbothered you are by it!

all up and running again with a brand new HKS T04Z and a HKS titainium exuast fitted pics to follow

Why such a small and overhyped turbo :D :stickpoke

Attitudes and personal opinions are quite amusing. One guy saying that its OK to drive at this speed and another saying the opposite. Makes me chuckle a tad as half of the people that chastise the loudest have themselves done similar speeds. Saying I only did it once and the conditions were the best ever etc etc is the same as a virgin having unprotected sex only the once and telling herself she can't get pregnant from that. Not really logical in an argument you think you just won.

The reality is in other countries people take high powered machines to speeds beyond 200 mph every single day on the public roads. Bikers hit close to 200 all the time as well. I've never gotten up to 170 as the road conditions and traffic conditions just have never allowed. I also wouldn't want to hear that expensive banging rattling eeeek WTF did I just blow up noise so have never risked it. My EGT gauge keeps my speed down usually.

Attitudes and personal opinions are quite amusing. One guy saying that its OK to drive at this speed and another saying the opposite. Makes me chuckle a tad as half of the people that chastise the loudest have themselves done similar speeds.

indeed, there's hardly a rush to all get relimited to 112mph is there?