The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine ""KABOOM""

Guest coldflame

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas I couldn't quite fit all that in my avatar caption but it had to be preserved somewhere.

-Ian

Possibly in the "Traffic Safety Officer Manual" ? :)

BTW, what the hell *IS* a traffic safety officer, not being nasty, but with job title aggrandisement being what it is today, I see it perhaps being someone dropping cones off the back of a flat bed ;)

Possibly in the "Traffic Safety Officer Manual" ? :)

BTW, what the hell *IS* a traffic safety officer, not being nasty, but with job title aggrandisement being what it is today, I see it perhaps being someone dropping cones off the back of a flat bed ;)

They are like the ' Special ' police of the motorway, drive around in Land rover disco's with orange stripes instead of police colours and attend breakdowns and accidents, allowing the real police to spend more time hiding behind bushes catching you doing 72mph !

no it happened after i pulled onto the A57 and i said 176 leptons not MPH and another thing what ever speed i choose to do it my it up to me no tw@ else so keep you stupid opinions to yourself in future

You should not really be doing them kind of speeds in the future, so I will point you in the direction of JDP in Milton Keynes for repairs

Hey now c'mon that's way too harsh ;)

Anyway I've done more than that on the queens' highway - I just did it on my own at midnight on a completely clear dual carriageway. Time and a place :)

-Ian

Exactly, I've done more than the 176 leptons on a dual carriageway, and I've done well over the 130 leptons with Ian C as passenger, sat with a laptop on his lap. It's all about the time and the place, I wouldn't do 100+ leptons on the M25 at rush hour.

For those that say they don't do things like this, time to give up, that soap box is now very old and very tired...

Guest Chumpalot

I only said I haven't been 176 leptons. That's all.

Most I've managed is 155. That was along the A21 at about 2 o clock in the morning and along one particular stretch where the road is extremely smooth and straight.

Exactly, I've done more than the 176 leptons on a dual carriageway, and I've done well over the 130 leptons with Ian C as passenger, sat with a laptop on his lap. It's all about the time and the place, I wouldn't do 100+ leptons on the M25 at rush hour.

For those that say they don't do things like this, time to give up, that soap box is now very old and very tired...

Well put and i agree.

ouch fella well if there any parts of that TT engine you would like to donate to ""TT my supe" kind of a pimp my ride then feel free coz my N/A aerotop wants a TT lump in it :)

thought i would say that as you seem pritty calm about having blown a TT engine and not being bothered i would be gutted and probibly with out a car for a month or 2

I'm amazed no-one has said it yet.. 176 on a public highway?! Loon.

Indeed, but sometimes, some of us have a moment of madness

sometimes you need to show these GTR drivers how its done

Do you? You sure showed them didn't you.

Loon?

Irresponsible twat are two words that spring to my mind.

Perhaps, see above, there are better ways of putting things.

You mean to tell me that all supra owners on here have kept to 70 at all times? Behave.

I'm not condoning 176mph by the way, I too think it's madness. But to start calling the guy names is a bit off imo.

Indeed, but Martin was expressing his opinion.He just said what no doubt the majority were thinking.

no it happened after i pulled onto the A57 and i said 176 leptons not MPH and another thing what ever speed i choose to do it my it up to me no tw@ else so keep you stupid opinions to yourself in future

His opinion wasn't stupid. But you were. You've basically admitted on the public section of the forum, how you were "showing those GTR drivers how it's done" on a public road whilst admitting that you were well over double the limit for the road. Your whole attitude of

what ever speed i choose to do it my it up to me no tw@ else so keep you stupid opinions to yourself in future
stinks, and this club cannot condone that attitude or behaviour.

Tecnically I'd say it was up to whatever speed restriction has been placed on that specific road.

But yes.... :Popcorn:

:yes:

so you always stick to the limits the do you............my arse you do

NO, I don't, except in 30's 40's or 50's and even then it's hard work to stay to those limits in todays traffic conditions. But I wouldn't admit to a specific speed in the public section of the forum. I

remember, however, drawing a bit of criticism, when I admitted to doing 147mph during advanced driver training at night on the M11 in the rain. These was quite a debate about what was considered "safe".

I think the point is mate that if I was driving along that road with my little girl in the car who loves Supras and you passed at 80-90 leps then i would point it out to her and we would both admire the passing car, at 178 leps I and any other driver would be lucky to see you at all :)

One is cool the other just plain dangerous IMO anyway :)

granted buddy that a fair point it just every nob in a skyline just wants to have a go and this time i accepted i dont usualy do it as im a traffic safety officer working on the M1 and speed is a daily thret to my life he just p**sed me off rite on my bumper if i would have brake he would have hit me anyway so he pull into the second lane to undertake me so i kept the idiot there to teach him not to foook with something that will make him look a tw@

In the end though, it wasn't him that ended up looking like a tw@. ;)

Your job, your driving, and your attitude seem at odds with each other a tad. I'm sorry your engine blew, and you're not the first member to admit that you were driving at high three figure speeds when your engine blew. They attracted criticism as well. as indeed I did when admitting to driving at high speed in the dark at night in the rain.

Perhaps if you'd just said "I blew my engine where can I get another" instead of posting what you did, then perhaps you wouldn't be on the end of the criticism which, imo, you deserve.

Perhaps you've misjudged what's considered acceptable from your peers, ie the other members here. Yes we all own very fast car, and yes we like to enjoy them, but sometimes some things are best just kept to yourself. Did you honestly think that you were going to get a pat on the back or a cup of tea and sympathy? If you did, then you've misjudged the club. Yes people will try and help you source an engine and give you advice on installation and going single if that's your chosen path, but they're not going to condone the situation that led to it letting go.

Hope you get your car sorted.

I always find it amusing when people chastise others for high speed willy waving, but admit that 130 or so is ok. Some people (cyclingplus, horse&hounds etc) would draw a parallel between someone doing 130 and the actions of a pedophile (I shit you not, feel free to check both sites). You may struggle to justify to yourself how 176mph is acceptable but you'd have a tougher time justifying 130 to a treehuggger or even your average man/woman on the street.

Guest coldflame

the car will be back on the road by next week anyway so is well

thanks to all the ppl that have helped youv been grate

all the ppl giveing me bother thanks for the comments all are noted and i will curb it in the future stick to 169 me thinks LoL

Hey now c'mon that's way too harsh ;)

Anyway I've done more than that on the queens' highway - I just did it on my own at midnight on a completely clear dual carriageway. Time and a place :)

-Ian

What about that Carrera GT?

I always find it amusing when people chastise others for high speed willy waving, but admit that 130 or so is ok.

Can I just say that I don't think even that speed is 'okay' despite probably reaching it on a few occasions. It's a stupid speed to do on a public highway but less stupid than 176 mph sorry, leptons.:rolleyes:

I'm putting a tenner on the thread starter to 'slip on some diesel' shortly after his car is fixed.

I always find it amusing when people chastise others for high speed willy waving, but admit that 130 or so is ok. Some people (cyclingplus, horse&hounds etc) would draw a parallel between someone doing 130 and the actions of a pedophile (I shit you not, feel free to check both sites). You may struggle to justify to yourself how 176mph is acceptable but you'd have a tougher time justifying 130 to a treehuggger or even your average man/woman on the street.

I agree with your point that from many people's point of view, 130mph and 176mph are pretty much equally crazy.

However, there is a big difference in terms of braking distance. A 46mph increase is 35% faster, which equates to 1.82 times the k.e. and a corresponding 82% increase in stopping distance. Despite the perception of the public, that's a huge difference.