The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TurboFit/JDP Performance

grahamc

Graham, I would suggest that you obtain as much of the info that you have as possible and supply it to whoever is handling your case.

I would be careful though, not to prejudice your legal case against TF.

Anyone who is on other forums where this "launch of a new business" has been promoted, I would suggest asking a question akin to the one asked on PH. It is a valid question to ask.

I expect there are more than one or two of you feeling like you have been played.

I wonder why we haven't been invited to the party? :shrug:

I am collecting loads of info now!! :D I will have a quick word with the mods on PH as well.

I see what you are saying, and will do so... THANKS!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONFIRMED (by Greg I believe)

Dan Turner and Ryan G - Mappers

Ryan I would seriously suggest that you dis-associate yourself from these people!!!!!

Thanks for members bringing this to my attention

Just the record here. I am do Freelance mapping for companies when required although their are certain companies i do not do work for any longer. I would also like to add that I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANIES THAT ARE LISTED IN THIS THREAD AND WOULD LIKE IT IF THE OWNERS WOULD STOP SAYING I DO!!!

Just to add For my rep i always check a car over before mapping any car that a company has worked on as i would not want to tarnish my name on others doings.

One of the cars recently that i mapped which TF had worked on i actually created a list of things wrong for the customer as would not map until sorted. These were not just 1 or 2 things.

Some very serious

After the list had been sorted i then mapped the car and the customer was very happy.

Thanks for members bringing this to my attention

Just the record here. I am do Freelance mapping for companies when required although their are certain companies i do not do work for any longer. I would also like to add that I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANIES THAT ARE LISTED IN THIS THREAD AND WOULD LIKE IT IF THE OWNERS WOULD STOP SAYING I DO!!!

Just to add For my rep i always check a car over before mapping any car that a company has worked on as i would not want to tarnish my name on others doings.

One of the cars recently that i mapped which TF had worked on i actually created a list of things wrong for the customer as would not map until sorted. These were not just 1 or 2 things.

Some very serious

After the list had been sorted i then mapped the car and the customer was very happy.

Mate I never meant to say that did do work for them, just that they are saying that you do, and suggest you put a stop to it.

I remember you saying that, not willing to map until certain things were sorted, and definitely respect that, which is why I have scheduled time for you to look at my car :D

I am collecting loads of info now!! :D I will have a quick word with the mods on PH as well.

I see what you are saying, and will do so... THANKS!

I'm a PH mod.

Be careful how you word your posts as PH has a name and shame rule after so many legal attempts, perhaps leave ambiguous posts with a link to this forum 'for the full story' (if this is ok with supemods).

I'm a PH mod.

Be careful how you word your posts as PH has a name and shame rule after so many legal attempts, perhaps leave ambiguous posts with a link to this forum 'for the full story' (if this is ok with supemods).

I have posted a link to the TF website which then goes to JDP, I have also reported the post to the mods, with a bit of detail.

ill prob go. i think there might be a northants meet on the same day. possibly if its the 8th. So i might be able to squeeze it in. Maybe people could come to our meet first and go before/after :p

But id like to go check out the new knightracer setup. seems a lot nicer than the last place.

Have they simply renamed the company and moved premisis? or have they gone to work for an existing company?

I am not going to comment on this untill i know for definate. if the latter is the case. this isnt such a big issue as i think the problem with TF was the management decisions made behind the scenes. as i assume if they are working for another company these wouldnt be made... I hope.

I've just spoken to Dan, he's currently mapping in Cyprus on behalf of AEM for rally Cyprus......

Advanced motorsport and engineering wishes to make it clear that we DO NOT have any association with the former Turbofit, or JDP performance, nor do we have any intention of carrying out mapping to cars coming from their workshops.

....Dont shoot me, i'm just the messenger. :taped:

ill prob go. i think there might be a northants meet on the same day. possibly if its the 8th. So i might be able to squeeze it in. Maybe people could come to our meet first and go before/after :p

But id like to go check out the new knightracer setup. seems a lot nicer than the last place.

Have they simply renamed the company and moved premisis? or have they gone to work for an existing company?

I am not going to comment on this untill i know for definate. if the latter is the case. this isnt such a big issue as i think the problem with TF was the management decisions made behind the scenes. as i assume if they are working for another company these wouldnt be made... I hope.

If they had just started working for another company, why would the TF website point to JDP?

I've just spoken to Dan, he's currently mapping in Cyprus on behalf of AEM for rally Cyprus......

....Dont shoot me, i'm just the messenger. :taped:

:taped:

afaik they just work there and are being taken on as a 'trial' their work is being inspected and they will not be taken on fully unless theyre work is up to scratch

im not sticking up for JDP, in fact I have NO AFFILIATION TO THEM just saying what ive heard.

Also knight racer share the premises but are NOT the same company. Hence my car has nothing ti do with turbofit or JDP so dont key it at the meet please lol :D

afaik they just work there and are being taken on as a 'trial' their work is being inspected and they will not be taken on fully unless theyre work is up to scratch

im not sticking up for JDP, in fact I have NO AFFILIATION TO THEM just saying what ive heard.

Also knight racer share the premises but are NOT the same company. Hence my car has nothing ti do with turbofit or JDP so dont key it at the meet please lol :D

can i just say, it would be nice if you didn't join up on the aristo forum and advertise the launch day as if you worked for them. I'm a mod over there and it wasen't helpful as Knight racer do jack all for the aristo.

here is a link to the thread:

http://aristoclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2775

(mods please remove if im breaking any rules :) )

can i just say, it would be nice if you didn't join up on the aristo forum and advertise the launch day as if you worked for them. I'm a mod over there and it wasen't helpful as Knight racer do jack all for the aristo.

here is a link to the thread:

http://aristoclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2775

(mods please remove if im breaking any rules :) )

To be honest I dont think thats on Uz. If you done that on this forum and were a 1st time poster, you'd have the post removed and most likely banned for trolling.

Are you spamming all forums with posts like that? Knight Racer isnt a new company if they are good they will have enough support there.

To be honest I dont think thats on Uz. If you done that on this forum and were a 1st time poster, you'd have the post removed and most likely banned for trolling.

Are you spamming all forums with posts like that? Knight Racer isnt a new company if they are good they will have enough support there.

Saw a similar post over on www.mkiiisupra.net - you seem to be promoting them pretty heavily Uz.

I have read all your posts from the very first to the last and to date I really feel people are very unfair, our company has been trading for 20 years in the motor industry.

I HAVE NOT BROUGHT TURBO FIT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM,

As a business point I took on the work for customers who wanted there cars modified in Milton Keynes area, and whilst there are a few Turbofit customers that were not happy with them there are still a number of old customers who were happy and have come across to JDP, not all Supra owners are members of this forum and these owners have also decided to try us before making a judgement.

I feel it is also important to point out that we do not only work on Supras we in fact work on many types of car's that are looking not only for extra performance but also styling.

I run two separate sides to my company JDP motors ltd and JDP performance, I have recruited the staff from turbo fit but everything worked on is qc inspected by myself before and after work is carried out and in no uncertain terms if any member of my staff is found not up to standard they will be disciplined/dismissed accordingly, this is a new business not a re-branded TurboFit, previous issues are no responsibilities of JDP motors ltd/JDP performance.

I would like any member on the forum to come to our open day this Saturday and have a look around and meet us personally.

I would like to add Ryan the mapper does not work for us he is an independent mapper with a lot of respect from people and I have spoken with him concerning mapping cars for us and we will be using Thor as well.

We will only be using reputable people to support our business,

I have read all your posts from the very first to the last and to date I really feel people are very unfair, our company has been trading for 20 years in the motor industry.

I HAVE NOT BROUGHT TURBO FIT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM,

As a business point I took on the work for customers who wanted there cars modified in Milton Keynes area, and whilst there are a few Turbofit customers that were not happy with them there are still a number of old customers who were happy and have come across to JDP, not all Supra owners are members of this forum and these owners have also decided to try us before making a judgement.

I feel it is also important to point out that we do not only work on Supras we in fact work on many types of car's that are looking not only for extra performance but also styling.

I run two separate sides to my company JDP motors ltd and JDP performance, I have recruited the staff from turbo fit but everything worked on is qc inspected by myself before and after work is carried out and in no uncertain terms if any member of my staff is found not up to standard they will be disciplined/dismissed accordingly, this is a new business not a re-branded TurboFit, previous issues are no responsibilities of JDP motors ltd/JDP performance.

I would like any member on the forum to come to our open day this Saturday and have a look around and meet us personally.

I would like to add Ryan the mapper does not work for us he is an independent mapper with a lot of respect from people and I have spoken with him concerning mapping cars for us and we will be using Thor as well.

We will only be using reputable people to support our business,

I still don't understand the website links with Turbofit, could you explain that to me please?

This link was set-up by Greg in order for people to be able to contact us if they wanted to have work completed on thier cars.

Please remember that it is not only MK1V.Net members that used Turbofit so there was no other way for us to make contact.

We did not however have any idea as to the content and after viewing the site have now had all links to JDP removed.

JDP Performance will in the very near future have a dedicated Performance website and we will post the link to that as soon as it goes live.

As I have said in my last post please feel free to join us this Saturday and see for yourselves what we are about and who we are.

Knight-Racer Ltd are a completely seperate entity from Turbofit Ltd, JDP Motors Ltd or JDP Performance. We do not interfere with each others business or running of the business.

JDP have a large 6000 sq ft facility, and Knight-Racer are only renting the 1st floor as our sales office and new showroom.

This link was set-up by Greg in order for people to be able to contact us if they wanted to have work completed on thier cars.

Please remember that it is not only MK1V.Net members that used Turbofit so there was no other way for us to make contact.

We did not however have any idea as to the content and after viewing the site have now had all links to JDP removed.

JDP Performance will in the very near future have a dedicated Performance website and we will post the link to that as soon as it goes live.

As I have said in my last post please feel free to join us this Saturday and see for yourselves what we are about and who we are.

So just to explain to me as I may be missing something ?

Is Dan Turner mapping your AEM tuned cars ?

Have you taken on all of TF staff with them setting up an unknown to you link from their old web site to encourage users looking for TF to come directly to you?

Is TF bankrupt as a company and therefore removed from companies house as a trading business or are they really just trading within your business

How will you manage the relationship with the blame culture that was in effect when I was told my blown engine was Dan Turners fault by TF and TF's shoddy workmanship by Dan with possible issues with the fueling install (if Dan is your AEM mapper of course )

You state in the first post that you are a business of 20 years then also state you are a new business, which is it

I am sorry to be so direct, and as it happens I really liked the team at TF, but I cant help but feel a bit fed up that I have a Supra with a blown engine and the ' team ' that gave me that whoevers 'fault' it was is able to walk away and start again and you clearly state you have no responsibility to previous works carried out by TF but you were willing to use the link from Turbofit.co.uk direct to your business to capture their old customer base?

firstly i brought an existing buisness back in december after running it for 4 years,the company has been trading for 20 years.

secondly i WILL NOT be useing dan the mapper!

and lastly i was not as you say booted out of jps i went to tickford engineering as a manager doing engine testing/development

come over on saturday and i will answer any other questions

firstly i brought an existing buisness back in december after running it for 4 years,the company has been trading for 20 years.

and lastly i was not as you say booted out of jps i went to tickford engineering as a manager doing engine testing/development

Then perhaps you can answer why it is, that when I called on Wednesday to ask who the mappers were, I was told Dan Turner for AEM and RyanG for most other ECUs???? :search:

Is this Tickford Engineering on Tanners Drive? A very respected company, if I may say so. How long were you there, I have always been impressed by some of their development work?