The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra is ruined

GeordieSteve

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding insurance - companies require insurance for the public on their premises and for employees health. There is no requirement to insure property left with a company. I suppose it is a lesson for us all to check with smaller garages that they are insuring your car. The question however is how are they moving cars they are working on (assuming their premises is no so big to be closed to the public roads!) if they are not insured? or do they only have insurance for cars they are driving at that point in time? It is very curious indeed.

Anyway hope your car comes back in A1 condition. If not work out your losses and decide whether it is worth pursuing. You can raise small claims without a lawyer. If you are thinking of legal action you should get as much detail as you can about the owners of the garage.

• 2 weeks later...
F*ckin joke!!!! Just rang Wilsons where the car is supposed to be and it's never even been in! Apparently it was booked in but never turned up!!!!! Told the owner I want the Supra back PERFECT or 11k by this weekend

I bet he ahd no intention of dropping it off, he probably thought you would check up and so made it look like it wss going in then dropped it off somehwere cheaper.

Utter p**s take. i really hope you get it sorted out soon !

He's got one hell of a serious issue now and it's a completely p*ssed off punter!!! It'll work out in my favour believe me ;)

I always trusted the mechanic there tho. Really upsetting to know he's been lying to me as well. That's what's bothered me the most. Even told me last week that Wilsons were just about finished but weren't 100% happy with one part of the spray so would take another week to get perfect... what REALLY happened was it never even SEEN Wilsons and it's not even been rubbed down!

Go to your local trading standards officer and he will make them put it right...Or phone up trading standards they are really their to support YOU!!

Did it once and the company shit themselves..it really easy give it a go..legal all the way you don't lose out then!!

Good luck mate!