My Supra is ruined

GeordieSteve

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I later found out they aren't registered with companies house

Maybe it's not a limited company.

In that case each partner is liable for the whole amount.

Without even bothering with liability insurance, they'd better have their house deeds on their wives' names.:sly:

And if the legal approach fails and you have to take the soop elsewhere to be finished wait for 6 months and with the knowledge in mind that he has no insurance :bang: Bye, bye garage.

Only joking of course :p Seriously, I would suggest a trip to the Citizens advice bureau. I have used them before and they are good. ;)

It is a disgrace...

At least you are starting to get the ball rolling. Make sure you either hand deliver the letter to them or send it registered mail.

It can easily be said that he didnt receive the letter.

Also, get a lawyer to read your letter first. It will save you a lot of hassle in the long run. At the end of the day, he has screwed up and should be liable for all costs incurred to put it right.

I doubt he will give you his Skyline however; if he doesnt have the money to pay for your car to be done elsewhere, then he needs to free up some capital to pay for it so ya never know...

Don't take second best. Make sure that you come out a winner on this one.

you said you have driven the car, does that mean you have accepted it back?

I would be pi$$ed if this was my car and really feel for you. I would not recommend naming and shaming the garage if your going to take legal action as it does not look good, also could be an issue if you have accepted the car back in that state?

I'm amazed they managed to come to the misguided conclusion anyone would accept that kind of work.

Legal-wise I think you have rejected it (as you naturally have), you have to give them a single chance to put it right. After that you are free to sue and get the work done at their cost at whatever garage you choose.

Not sure on this but i think it's illegal for them to trade with the public or employ anyone without insurance, so he's either lying or he's going to have a lot more to worry about when it goes to court.

I remember the initial thread you posted when you mentioned a vendetta or grudge against the garage? Sounds like you arn't the first.