SRR dyno day - Results

Homer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to Homer for a good afternoon. Very chuffed with my figures, the guys did a quick calculation for transmission loss and my lad came in at 220bhp and is running like a dream.

It was interesting to see the comparison between Gav's car and mine, I don't think he was decatted so there is a knats difference in doing a decat to an NA. It would be really good to get some more NA's next time to actually see what like for like cars and mods can do.

I'm also pleased to report I've been clocked at 124dB which means I did beat Keith C at one thing on the dyno this afternoon :D

O crap where was it, forgot about that was too busy trying to chill you out about the dyno that forgot to put it back in :p Thought you had parkinsons when you were sat in the car with laptop :D

In the ashtray, I just thought "where would I put it?" and there it was!

I was actually very relaxed there as I know already that the car is cool. I just wish people would stop goading me to try and get more power out of it :p You should have seen me the first time I got it dyno'd, jesus :scared:

You got back quick Ian!!

Agree with what you say about Grahams setup. Very impressive results IMO.

Haha I didn't leave Rosie's until, what, 5pm? :D 190 miles in 2.5 hours, not bad.

-Ian

Thanks to Homer for a good afternoon. Very chuffed with my figures, the guys did a quick calculation for transmission loss and my lad came in at 220bhp and is running like a dream.

It was interesting to see the comparison between Gav's car and mine, I don't think he was decatted so there is a knats difference in doing a decat to an NA. It would be really good to get some more NA's next time to actually see what like for like cars and mods can do.

I'm also pleased to report I've been clocked at 124dB which means I did beat Keith C at one thing on the dyno this afternoon :D

You are indeed correct, I'm fully catted up. Once I've cleaned up the NA, I'm sure mel will drive it up the dyno for the next run. I'll see if I can persuade StevieB to come along as well in his MSB NA. Might be an idea to drag the NA guys out to the dynos. I reckon most are scared of the big singles and things like that. As most people saw today my car is a complete shed and I was more worried about loosing bits rather than the engine going pop. I've spent a good while getting that K-reg motor to run sweet. I've been considering getting a spare engine to rebuild, but after today's results I'm really tempted to build this lump up rather.

Anybody want to wager on how many engines I'll go through before I manage to get it stable at a higher rev limit.

Yeah! if my EMU hadn't developed Alzheimer's, you might have got a little competition, although your results look impressive, i would have been happy with 420BHP.

How did your EMU lose it's map then, hmmm ;) Sure it wasn't pilot error? :innocent: I've never known one to lose it's map spontaneously before, maybe your middle name is "lucky" :D

Also i would like to add that i was shocked at the splashes of det at the change over point on the TT's at bpu. I would deffo recommend getting a e-manage or standalone to fix this as its not good and were not talking about some little pings of det either.

I've been considering getting a spare engine to rebuild, but after today's results I'm really tempted to build this lump up rather.

I don't think there are any doubts that her heart is strong, given mine is 5 years younger and probably had less of an "interesting" life, she compares very favourably. Big thank you for putting yours on though made my figures actually mean something. :hug:

Just got back:d fanastic day Thankyou Darryl:) great to meet some of you guys and gals...and a BIG Thankyou to Ryan.G top bloke..very clever...and a true pro!will be seeing you again in the future thats for sure;) the car ran fantastic on the way home mate:eyebrows:

Oh and, I'd like to point out that the results show a sorted set of hybrids clearly fills a niche between BPU and single turbo :thumbs: So they are still a valid performance upgrade in my opinion.

-Ian

You got back quick Ian!!

Agree with what you say about Grahams setup. Very impressive results IMO.

Thank you both... Honestly very happy with the results, and once Ryan gets the map sorted properly, I am sure I will be even happier...

Now what can I do/get to get to that magic number, 500??

Yeah! if my EMU hadn't developed Alzheimer's, you might have got a little competition, although your results look impressive, i would have been happy with 420BHP.

:D I hope mine does not do that ;)

Anybody want to wager on how many engines I'll go through before I manage to get it stable at a higher rev limit.

Well really depends on the number, but if its what was discussed, then I am in for 3 engines... ;)

Hell if you get it right, I might evenbuy a NA :rlol:

Hmmm... :innocent:

Thanks for the fun drive back, had trouble keeping up with you :D

To be fair the diff makes up the grip that the lack of power...

seems I missed something....

Also i would like to add that i was shocked at the splashes of det at the change over point on the TT's at bpu. I would deffo recommend getting a e-manage or standalone to fix this as its not good and were not talking about some little pings of det either.

Yes it's quite alarming and there's obviously loads of people driving about with that det. Both Ian C and myself have mentioned it before :Pling:

Great results guys, also encouraging to see some of the stock twin and hybrid results. Excellent hybrid result grahamc although I wonder whether my ceramics are actually pretty close given I too have an optimised setup.

Annoying not to see fly figures for the autos - makes you wonder about the validity of any of the auto results. It's really strange because I've seen another rolling road do flywheel hp and wheel hp for autos but no torque measurements at all - they said they couldn't measure it due to TC multiplication.

Cheers,

Brian.

Annoying not to see fly figures for the autos - makes you wonder about the validity of any of the auto results. It's really strange because I've seen another rolling road do flywheel hp and wheel hp for autos but no torque measurements at all - they said they couldn't measure it due to TC multiplication.

This is due to an auto being unable to do a drag test on a rolling road, and it therefore being impossible to provide a reliable drivetrain loss calculation. SRR have tried it in the past but the results were so inaccurate they no longer provide a flywheel figure for auto cars.

A RR measures torque (BHP is a calculation from it) so for someone not to provide a RW torque power is just bizarre. If it couldn't measure RW torque the RR wouldn't work.

How did your EMU lose it's map then, hmmm ;) Sure it wasn't pilot error? :innocent: I've never known one to lose it's map spontaneously before, maybe your middle name is "lucky" :D

Wish it was pilot error: didn't actually loose the map,( i had uploaded a tweaked map (which was on a USB drive, and guess where that was?)based on my last set of data logs the day before, and the first chance at some full boost i got pig rich AFRs and a misfire, so pulled over and connected up the laptop and found that some of the map had 100%+ dc :(

now i know i never did that:( think i might revert the software back to 2.12

Wish it was pilot error: didn't actually loose the map,( i had uploaded a tweaked map (which was on a USB drive, and guess where that was?)based on my last set of data logs the day before, and the first chance at some full boost i got pig rich AFRs and a misfire, so pulled over and connected up the laptop and found that some of the map had 100%+ dc :(

now i know i never did that:( think i might revert the software back to 2.12

Just get a link ecu... :D

I think Ian C's car presents a very strong argument for going piggyback :eyebrows:

and mine will be a very good arguement for link :D

Lets just say Gav was having a little fun testing his cars drifting capabilities on the way back... while I was waiting for my oil to warm up (well that’s my story and I'm sticking to it :innocent: )

I should have stuck around for longer then...