Homer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for a good day Homer - well, the half of it we saw anyway! :D

Useful tip for anyone running low on fuel - simply follow me with a bucket and wait for my exhaust to fill it up - my AFR's were below 10:1 above 5000rpm! :eek: Think I'll have to get a boost controller just to use all that excess fuel! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=63144&d=1188080624

Can Really see here how the stock cams choke up with larger turbos, afr go alot richer.

Was going to finish tweaking the car on the rollers as up at that rev range on the road this thing is an animal but we were only able to get one run due to the rear tyres catching the wings very badly were the car was strapped down. i can certainly say this car "burns rubber"

As some of you may have seen i was really gutted about this car as all the cars i map that went on the dyno i pull 4 degrees of timing on the first run and then increase till the car makes no more power with no det this is when the car is at MBT.

So there is alot more to come, I reckon 640@fly easy but with a set of 264 and race fuel well :D

Thanks for organising today - really enjoyed myself, and good to see the old faces and meet some new :)

RE: my strange power figure and running a little lean, aside from the obvious (blocked fuel filter/ Walbro a bit tired (only been in a year and a half though)/what else?) is it also possible my turbo's aren't as stock as I thought? Would that account for it?

Edit: what's a sensible transmission loss for an auto and based on that calculation what would my flywheel HP have been?

Edit 2: would water injection be a good idea? ;)

Edit: what's a sensible transmission loss for an auto and based on that calculation what would my flywheel HP have been?

The manuals were quoted at around 16% and autos are supposed to be worse, so 20% may be reasonable. Therefore divide your figs by 4 and mult by 5, should be in the right ball-park. If you think this is too much, then divide by 5 and mult by 6 for 16.7% loss :)

Thanks Keef, I've updated the stats on the first post :) (still a shame we didn't see what it was really capable of)

Love the look of your new car, very, very nice! From what I've heard from the passengers, it's a bit of a beast too :D

Thanks mate:) yea i said to Ryan at 1 bar.."thats it right?"lol..he said no way!!its healthy we gona keep on going!:blink:

yeh, I would like to know as weel, what it would be without a my 2nd turbo leaking there..

Thanks Ryan for help and Darryl for advice.

My car will be going to Paul Whiffin, hopefully it will be ok after that.

Nice. I want to know what mine would make if it wasn't leaking boost!!!!!!

Ryan thanks for listening to mine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but was hoping you could all confirm your specs below. Supragal, Suprawoman, Keith C and justgav in particular (and shame on you for not maintaining your garage specs :D )

It'll be worth it, trust me ;)

Homer

Boostlogic T67 dbb turbo, Greddy 3 row FMIC, Apexi Power FC ECU, 800cc injectors, Blitz SBC-IDIII Boost controller, Boostlogic 4inch exhaust, full decat

jaymdee

Stock turbo's, Greddy 2row FMIC, RSR exhaust, 1st decat

grahamc

Hybrid turbo's, Link ECU, HKS 264 cams, HKS cam gears, HKS fuel system, 680cc injectors, Trust FMIC, engine rebuilt, full decat

Ian C

Boostlogic T67 dbb turbo, Blitz FMIC, Emanage ultimate ECU, HKS Dli, 720cc injectors, Apexi AVCR boost controller, Boostlogic 3inch exhaust, full decat

Supragal

- Fcon V

- Apexi exhaust

- Apexi induction

- Blitz boost controller

- HKS plugs

- Greddy 3 row FMIC

- Poss hybrids

Suprawoman

Stock turbo's, aftermarket exhaust, full decat

Mr Keef

HKS T51R Kai turbo, Apexi Power FC ECU, 850cc injectors, Blitz boost controller, HKS Cams, HKS Cam gears, Trust intecooler, Oil cooler, Veilside Ti exhaust, full decat

letmeshowyou

Stock turbo's, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Miami-GT SMIC, HKS Superdragger exhaust, full decat

SupraST Myster

XS Power T61 turbo, stock ECU & injectors for now, aftermarket exhaust, full decat

Henk

Stock turbo's, Apexi AVC-R boost controller, HKS Silent Hi Power, 1st decat

Tricky Ricky

Hybrid turbo's, Emanage ultimate ECU, XS Power exhaust, full decat

Faye

Blitz NUR spec R exhaust, full decat

Keith C

Stock turbo's, aftermarket exhaust, single decat

Gzaerojon

Garrett GT4088 turbo, BLITZ 4 row FMIC, APEXI AVC/R boost controller, APEXI SAFC2 fuel controller, 550cc injectors, oil cooler, APEXI N1 Exhaust, ful decat

JustGav

Aftermarket exhaust, full decat

My bad... sorry :)

As I said in the pm..

Some Jasma backbox, full catted system (can confirm this now as I had manifold off over the weekend), stock suspension with yellow bilsteins, stock brakes, stock airbox. Cusco 2-way LSD, short-shift, OS-giken triple plate clutch, lightened flywheel. Strengthed gearbox Well maintained engine, and serviced VERY reguarly. Platinum plugs. Crap paint work.

I think keef pulled the spec list from the car sale site in japan but i would 99% say for sure its not running higher lift cams as the engine chokes up after 6200rpm and i very much doubt that t51 is running out of puff :D

The cam gears were standard also if i remember and they said hks cam gears of the spec on site