The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's Really Are Getting Cheap!!!

Guest Geneb

Hmmmm ... suspension, shocks, turbos don't last forever. Ian C has just have to replace suspension. Cost circa £1500 just for the bits.

C'mon! Like anything mechanical it wears out! :rolleyes:

Do the original parts stay on the car long enough in this community ? most people on here are mod'ers at some level :D

I adopted an approach when I bought my car that WHEN it breaks, it's an opportunity :D not a disaster....so, I'm never disappointed with my 13yr old car and that parts WILL fail.......unless I get to them first :eyebrows:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N/a's are much more expensive in japan than over here(that's hardtop), I can't even remember that last time I saw an aero in n/a or tt form, the nice tt's would be considered expensive here, the prices are holding much better in japan.

Do the original parts stay on the car long enough in this community ? most people on here are mod'ers at some level :D

I adopted an approach when I bought my car that WHEN it breaks, it's an opportunity :D not a disaster....so, I'm never disappointed with my 13yr old car and that parts WILL fail.......unless I get to them first :eyebrows:

I like that approach i tend to do the same thing myself :D.

Every month you bring this up, do us all a favour and sell your car :)

do me a favour "KISS MY FAT ARSE" i'm happy as hell with my none turbo, nice tits on the avatar;)

In Belgium and Germany the prices are still pretty high.

A nice 6 speed is at least £20.000.

Must be all the imports that lower the price in the UK.

It is actually because nobody wants to drive a RHD Supra and everyone wants a LHD - that is why the price differences are so huge.

I just saw a white/black 6-sp, bone stock, 17000 miles -1998 go for £ 30,000 in the states.

RHD Supras in Germany and Sweden are cheap as hell but the supply of LHDs is very low in Europe. I'm looking for one myself and since I want a late model and low milage i probably have to cough up £ 20,000 for a bone stock.

It is actually because nobody wants to drive a RHD Supra and everyone wants a LHD - that is why the price differences are so huge.

I just saw a white/black 6-sp, bone stock, 17000 miles -1998 go for £ 30,000 in the states.

RHD Supras in Germany and Sweden are cheap as hell but the supply of LHDs is very low in Europe. I'm looking for one myself and since I want a late model and low milage i probably have to cough up £ 20,000 for a bone stock.

Great reply.

It's true RHD is not really wanted over here.

In the states they pay good prices, wonder now how much mine is worth now :)

No. But let's just say I've seen the state of his rods. Bent like a wet noodle.

Yeah i spoke to him he said he had managed to get though a few floods but it died on the third or forth lol:rolleyes:

I await Geneb's post next week saying, "have you seen how cheap supra's are getting now?". Seems to be a recurring trend.

No was just really shocked at how cheap 6speed manuals had got and as everyone was so so quick to tell me mine was well over priced at £8000 and it was mint well i thought its time to point out to a few of you that yours aint worth much either.

You'd almost think he was trying to talk the values down - wonder if he's after a certain Supra and can't afford it :D
nah not the case bud if i wanted something that bad i would just go buy it:)

Is this one of those feel-good threads as it ain't bloody working!!

Nope sorry bud :)

TBH Tom yours is about the nicest Aristo i've seen and bet it would cost a bomb to get a stock one looking like that without even trying to mimick the perfermance

Just talking to one of the local young lads in witney last night, he's 21 and Hydro-locked his N/A in the floods last month.

Well he has just bought a 6speed TT from bolton for £7000

and apart from the headlights needing a refurb the car is really tidy and sounds sweet.

NOW TELL ME THE ARSE AIN'T FALLING OUT OF THE SUPRA MARKET.:search:

When I started looking for my Supra in August 2004 I loked at 3 other marques, after days of searching I've found the ads we printed off:

BMW M3 Evolution. 1998, Manual, Estoril Blue, Alcantara interior, 85k, FBMWsh, vanos done, a/c, 6discCD, £11500ono.

Lotus Esprit Turbo SE, 1991, Calypso Red, 50k, Magnolia hide, A/C rad/cass, glass roof, fLotusSH inc major sevice @ Hethal, £11995

TVR Chimaera 4.0, 1996, Reflex Blue, magnolia full leather, 38k fsh, pas, 6discCD, T5 box, alarm, £13995.

Toyota Supra RZ, 1993, twin turbo 6spd, red, import, OEM skirts & spats, 50k, alarm, a/c, usual toys, standard, some history, £10000ono.

Today the BMW is worth £8500, the Esprit is £9000, the TVR has taken a hammering at £9000, the Supra is £8000.

Geneb it isn't just jap cars that have taken a hit, everyone has.

When I started looking for my Supra in August 2004 I loked at 3 other marques, after days of searching I've found the ads we printed off:

BMW M3 Evolution. 1998, Manual, Estoril Blue, Alcantara interior, 85k, FBMWsh, vanos done, a/c, 6discCD, £11500ono.

Lotus Esprit Turbo SE, 1991, Calypso Red, 50k, Magnolia hide, A/C rad/cass, glass roof, fLotusSH inc major sevice @ Hethal, £11995

TVR Chimaera 4.0, 1996, Reflex Blue, magnolia full leather, 38k fsh, pas, 6discCD, T5 box, alarm, £13995.

Toyota Supra RZ, 1993, twin turbo 6spd, red, import, OEM skirts & spats, 50k, alarm, a/c, usual toys, standard, some history, £10000ono.

Today the BMW is worth £8500, the Esprit is £9000, the TVR has taken a hammering at £9000, the Supra is £8000.

Geneb it isn't just jap cars that have taken a hit, everyone has.

Good bit of research there, all have there own issues i guess, TVR factory issues obvious eventual knock-on effect, BMW keep chucking out larger numbers and newer and facelift models further removing the prestige and value from older models. Lotus expect would do ok, limited numbers etc except design is pretty old now and isn't without its expensive and known common weakpoints.

It does have a lot the do with the old "supply and demand".....

Even though the Supras are getting on, I still feel they should really be doing a lot better than they are. They're are not many manufacturer models that haven't been replaced by either newer versions or similar model to "cover" that sector of the market in recent years. Ok the Supra ran production in Japan for quite a few years but has not yet been replaced.

Even Porsche are trying to put the reigns on the number of cars being sold in a bid to keep used vehicle prices higher which is a bit catch 22 cos they're also focused on selling more cars. I guess that's why model diversity is commonplace in many manufacterers to sell more products without overstretching the demand.

Interesting to see 996 model 911's prices falling below that of a lot of 993's. With so many more 996's around, (which in some peoples opinion) have questionable build quality and long term reliability in comparison and a pureist selling point of the 993's being the last of the "air cooled" they've levelled off at the same sort of prices for the last few years even with the newer models that come out.