The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed the Supra at the Nurburgring (I hate BMW'S)

jim_supra

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My word! Gutted for ya mate! not sure if its been mentioned before but was the other guy insured to drive on the track?

I'm not sure, I didn' get chance to exchange details with the guy, as soon as they'd got it down that it was the BMW drivers fault they took me to the police station in Adenau as they did not have the statemnt forms i needed to fill out with them. The police have all his details though, and I will be contacting them tomorrow.

Hope the front of the car has not moved on you, doesnt take much for a Supra to tilt the chassis legs to one side.

You could always get it fixed local to the ring, and when its ready go back and have another few laps before coming home :)

It'd be just my luck that it'd happen again!

I just want the car home so it can be sorted a.s.a.p.

My mate went only last week he has the Audi S4 he drove there fine and half way round his first lap both his turbo's blew up.... He was with a few other mates who both took their skylines and one of the skylines came off the track and hit a barrier and had to pay around 1000 euros to replace the barrier.... The other bloke with the skyline went around 9 times with no probs.

Gutted for you dude.

Guest CoolsBlue

hmmm dosent look to bad! no structural damage?? just the body panels...bumper reinforcement looks good, bumper support bar and slam panel looks untouched! do you know if the chassis legs are damaged?

Yes it looked ok but will need a proper inspection when it gets home, I'm praying it is just cosmetic otherwise it will have to be sat at home for a while.

The situation as it stands is, I have a trailer I can lend. Am trying to get a towbar fitted to the jeep either today or tomorrow, book the ferry and drive and collect the car at the weekend. that should bring the costs of recovery down to about £300-400.