The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good taste, has it gone with the summer?

Chris Wilson

I'm not a fan of body kits either and as Greg said removed my full top secret kit in favour of the stock look. I think a kit can look good but it takes lots of money to get the fit right and as stated earlier in this thread not many people can afford to do it!

I remember people telling me how stupid I was to take the body kit off my gunmetal supra.. before and after pics below so you can make your own mind up. My new supra will be staying 100% stock looking.

Timeless. good move, IMO. But that's not to say modded always looks tacky.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there is a lot of tastlessness out there in the Supra scene, i went for the Aristo, the sleeper thing i really enjoy gives you an edge because people do not expect anything, but will not be pimping mine, 100% stock on a supra is ok, but always need to change wheels as stock one look terrible imo!!:)

Anyone seen pics of the latest (2008) Aston DBS ? Interesting that they have kitted it up somewhat, rear diffuser and almost aftermarket style front end...heavily styled side skirt detail too.

Reminded me of a toned down Do-Tri Supra when I first saw it.

I can see myself buying another Supra at some point as a second car.

Don't get me wrong, the GT-R is an awesome car and I still can't get over how quick it is in the corners but I do miss the Supra.

If I do buy another one there won't be a bodykit in sight, or hard to clean split rim wheels !

Interesting post this, I have never felt the urge to bolt on body kits etc on any of my cars. When we go to shows my eldest who drives a Scooby with just about every conceivable chavy add on there is glued/welded/blue tacked onto it, says stuff like "look at that Dad you should do that to yours" , and my youngest who is just getting into cars always says the same.

I can only conclude that us oldies are not so taken with the modded look. I would rather spend my time and money making a difference to the performance and trying something different under the bonnet rather than mess around with the looks. In fact my supe was probably the tattiest one in the members bit last time at pod (you know the day, it rained just once or twice). I prefer the sleeper look like Mantanna has already spoken of. I could have spent £250 on a exhaust that everybody seems to have, but decided to pay over twice that on a proper custom job. My son thought I was mad and said I should have spent my cash on a fleabay exhaust and "styling" which I personally find tacky more often than not. No thanks!

But at the end of it all it's all about what we as owners consider individuality is, and what priority we put on all the different facets of customing our pride and joys.:)