The mkiv Supra Owners Club

~~~ Supra Pod 2007 ~~~ (questions, chit-chat, etc)

mawby

Sticky threads have a habbit of being ignored. Mass PMs result in me getting "I didn't want this spam so stop sending it to me!" replies. And I have put the thread on the forum home page where, along with this thread being bumped on a daily basis, hopefully everyone will know about the event.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, not going to be coming to this one now, too expensive in my opinion.

Just can't justify that amount of outlay for one day at Santa Pod when its normally £12 / £15.

Edited to add : I'm sure it'll be a good day and no doubt took a lot of organising. Just a tad pricey for me. Hope everyone enjoys it though! :)

Just can't justify that amount of outlay for one day at Santa Pod when its normally £12 / £15.

That'l be due to them usually having 6000 people paying £15. On this occasion, its just us lot. ;)

£12 / £15 for what? A ticket to spectate?

To run at normal events the cheapest option is likely to be £15 for 3 runs - chances are you'll queue so long that you only get 2 or for £20 on one of their "unlimited" days where you'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 runs in.

A test and tune day with a max of 100 cars is £50 in advance or £60 on the day - that's the nearest comparison you can make on prices in my opinion.

But I'm not going either so perhaps I'm not the best one to defend it ;)

Really makes me laugh when people whinge about an event we have exclusive use of. Its the first time our club has attempted something like this and £50 or so for unlimited runs for a set number of cars is great value for an annual club event like this imho.

Really makes me laugh when people whinge about an event we have exclusive use of. Its the first time our club has attempted something like this and £50 or so for unlimited runs for a set number of cars is great value for an annual club event like this imho.

:yeahthat:

Yep, this is like the UK version of Texas. Next year we need a Dyno and Track day :D

Gaz.

Can I just say that the Bovingdon Airstrip meet organised by Terribleturner was fantastic and the BEST supra meet I've been to. That was a Supra only event and it was just so much fun!

This Supra Pod meet will be as good if not better especially seeing everyone battling it out on the strip!

All the big mouths on this forum can try and prove all that they say about how fast their car is!:D

This WILL be a once in a life time event!

Ro

Yeah, imagine that, with more cars, far better track and little competitions etc, it'll be cool :)

Now imagine Supra a track day with more than 4 cars.. that'd be even better :)

Ro.. I'm sure many shouters will have theirs in the garage or not running right ;)

ill be there but i cant run as i have no idea where my license is and ill need to re send off for one. will we DEFINATELY need the license on the day??

If thats directed at me, I'd like to point out that I'm not whinging, just putting across my perspective.

As for costs, I may have got them wrong, I thought it was £12 for 3 runs and £15 for unlimited RWYB days, that might have been the old costs.

Either way, my Supra is my 2nd car and although I was interested in seeing what it could do on the 1/4, can't justify the travel from Sheffield and £50 to try it out.

If thats directed at me, I'd like to point out that I'm not whinging, just putting across my perspective.

As for costs, I may have got them wrong, I thought it was £12 for 3 runs and £15 for unlimited RWYB days, that might have been the old costs.

Either way, my Supra is my 2nd car and although I was interested in seeing what it could do on the 1/4, can't justify the travel from Sheffield and £50 to try it out.

It was mentioned in the initial thread about the costs being possibly as high as £70 etc if we had things like track prepping added to the bill.

Those prices you quote are the usual costs but those are for public days where any tom, dick and harry turns up and many of them do. As this is exclusive to our club, you cant expect the prices to be the same.

Its nothing personal, but I know from previous experience how frustrating it is trying to get events organised after you get people saying they'll come and then letting you down later.

And whats the big deal about £50, its just another tank of fuel right? :) Plus, even if its a one off to test your car.. is it really THAT much - plus its a club event, not a RWYB day.