The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Originally posted by sinbad

Well done to all, some serious machines. For me the 3 best to watch (most enteraining) were Dudes, CRD Sup and that mad golf.

Dude in the final I'm sure you know, we were watching from near the end of the strip and you were seriously gaining ground on the datsun over the last few 10's of yards.

Good work.

If only it was 500m !!!!! , at the end of the day he beat me fair and square but it was a good effort for a guy from a scrap yard !!!:)

Dude:flame Dev

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nick_karkie

Mig,

its basically saying the grey car (silver really) was the unlucky finalist who the guy talked to and dude told him he would be at the event KOE( king of europe) with more horsepower.

If OXY goes can he be the QUEEN of Europe !!!:stupid:

Originally posted by dude

All i have to say is

'Ask any racer , any real racer , winning is winning , it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile !!!!:stupid:

Im sure Dee will agree , yes the CRD car has run a 9.9?? !/4 but thats different to a heads up race , so we are left with this Dee's car has the quicker time yet ive beat him heads up , so who has the faster car/combo , all i have to say is this , if the race was for money who would have gone home with the prize ???? Dee/CRD have a very fast car , i have a very fast car at that particular time mine was faster , there will be times when he will beat me and more when i will beat him , thats racing and thats what makes it fun . I like a challenge so hows this next year i will run a 9 sec 1/4 at TOTB 4 and a 200mph +++ top speed run , having met them i know that Dee/CRD will answer that challenge and be there to battle , im determined to beat those damned Taxis !!!:thumbs:

No ones disputing you beat him, its just the comment about having the fastest in the UK, and you and I both know thats not the case.. you won the race, but their car is faster - just not on that day.

Christ its all stupid nonsense, both cars are amazing. :D

I watched the video one of the race(s?) vs the CRD Supra, Johns launch was so good, and it spooled up so fast too and took off like a missile, it sounded like the CRD bogged off the line. It would have been cool to see if/how it was catching at the end. :)

It reminds me of the Rotorstock tourny, when the Corolla beat you, and I recall them saying it was the fastest Toyota in the UK, now do you believe that for a second? :innocent:

I guess the one who wins the season/championship that decides that. :p

Youre right though, its on the day, there and then when it matters, and dude kicked ass. Its kinda like Athletics, instead of the Olympic champ, hes the TOTB3 Supra champion :D

Originally posted by migster

Getting off topic but what if R Schuy got in a williams or Mclaren Would it be the same case?

Probably. Dont forget, MS spent 2 years chasing Hakkinen about before he won the title with Ferrari.

Back on topic - Congrats to Dude and the Vortex boys on a succesful weekend :)

Originally posted by Rob

This dog, Nikita, was it black?

Nope, as Jake said she's a brindle (bit like a tiger skin).

Here she is giving Matt H and Dude's cars a quick check over.

http://www.kulthea.net/~angel/kita_totb3.jpg

I'll get the rest of my photo's sorted tomorrow.

just got back

was a bit dissapointed after the hype. could hardly see much of racing. we spent lot of the time just chatting. was a good day out though. good to see supras out in force.

the crd race team was good to see, they was not messing about were they.

if anybody got better times i will put up on drag list

email any info you want putting up MONKEYmark at ntlworld.com

shame leon and paul w were not there. would have been a great turnout for supras.

good to see all the same faces and a few new ones

eyefi and jane

stealth hosts

david d

thorin

richie

jj

dude

matt h

leon

terry

ian c

paul e

supra tt myster

kevin

gaz

had a good laugh and my food and drink supplys went down fast :)

some vids if you have not seen. they off gtr board

dude v crd

http://www.fordrs.nildram.co.uk/TOTB3/CRDSupraVsSupra.wmv

crd on circuit

http://www.fordrs.nildram.co.uk/TOTB3/CRDSupra.wmv

how come chris mann never informs us about times?

he posted results up on gtr board

well done everyone who took part

Originally posted by Thorin

Nope, as Jake said she's a brindle (bit like a tiger skin).

Here she is giving Matt H and Dude's cars a quick check over.

http://www.kulthea.net/~angel/kita_totb3.jpg

I'll get the rest of my photo's sorted tomorrow.

AH, that wasn't it then, there was a smaller black dog sniffing at our two Papillons, which was the only other dog we saw. When you mentioned your dog, I thought we might have inadvertantly met another supra owner, but I only met Branners, Christian and Paul Laing.

If its going to be as big or bigger next year, they definitely need temp grandstands and proper results screens because there was very little to see.

My first TOTB and dispite the 2 hours sleep i got, really enjoyed myself (Red Bull is my friend) now i'm back in the world of the living as yesterday all i wanted to do was sleep.

Only saw one supra on the way (Big Roy) as i joined the M25. Didn't follow as i was meeting friends at south mimms, Drive up was eventful with all the fords on the way to ford fair ;).

Did anyone else get caught in the mist on the way up, first time i've ever used my rear fogs. Wheather on the way up didn't look good but thankfully it cleared up. Ended up in a convoy with and evo with gull wing doors, RX7 and S2000

Spent the day walking round chatting to some of the team's and getting sun burnt. Porsche owners were friendly and so were the CRX turbo brigade.

Was going past the supra's when Jake got his hand stuck under the car. Suprised me at how calm he seamed seeing where his hand was.

Definatly going next year is only to seem the Taxis brought down a peg or two.

Only thing i would do would be a Grandstand for the Drag event. Otherwise thought from my pont ofview it was well orginised, but didn't see it from a competitors point of view.

Oh is the Grasshopper supra on here.... I think that wing gives you a bit to much drag on the M18 :)