The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Originally posted by migster

Jake if you like you can be Vortex health and safety officer seeing as you are an expert in the accident department

Yeah yeah, laugh it up :)

I didn't know the silly old duffer was going to let the jack down with me under the car, did I? They should have compulorsy retests for people when they get to that age. :tongue:

The bruising is starting to come out now, strangely it looks a bit like the Pirelli PZero tread pattern. Odd that! :tongue:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dude

I think 'Fat Hand Jake ' should now be a permanent member of team Vortex at race meetings , thanks for mucking in Jake and thanks to Matt Mig and Big Tel as well.

It was a pleasure mate. Nice to be doing something useful, much more interesting than just being a spectator.

Originally posted by Jake

Yeah yeah, laugh it up :)

I didn't know the silly old duffer was going to let the jack down with me under the car, did I? They should have compulorsy retests for people when they get to that age. :tongue:

The bruising is starting to come out now, strangely it looks a bit the Pirelli PZero tread pattern. Odd that! :tongue:

When you take a piss use your left hand otherwise you will think your willy has shrunk !!!!:eek:

Dude:flame Dev

:D :D :D

Brilliant day! Dude your the man!:thumbs: I mananged to beat my Surrey to York record doing 2hours 57 , would have been quicker but I had to sit in a police car for 10 minutes!:innocent:

Nice to meet, the usual suspects, plus a few new faces. Finally got to meet Ian C :thumbs: , Mr Nice, Lewis, Jake etc etc. Didnt meet the Envy guys but saw a few of their runs.

Best wishes to JB on the new job this week, hope it goes well.

And to Calder! Bwaahhahahhahaaaaaa, fit a tow bar next time!:baa:

My nose is burnt!:(

Originally posted by eyefi

great day out, good to see the usual suspects and a few new faces. u made it home yet dave? :) good drive home, cant wait to get the supra back on the road.

made it alright - stuck behind bit of traffic from half way between melbourne & howden then more at howden

Stealth. done by a KA ! :D :D :D was bit surprised to see that, you on a mission?

Originally posted by davidd

made it alright - stuck behind bit of traffic from half way between melbourne & howden then more at howden

Stealth. done by a KA ! :D :D :D was bit surprised to see that, you on a mission?

lol - michael, note duly added to my original post mate.

Davidd, If by "done by a ka" you mean waving it past because eyefi nearly shit a brick when I wouldn't let him past then yeah lol.

Bearing in mind I was on a flat tyre, I don't think I did too badly.

Eyefi caught me up after I had a stint on the A1 by mistake and made my way back onto the m62, I turned off 2 junctions after that.

Brilliant day. Thanks to all who came and said hello.

Jake, I heard about your hand mate, news travels fast at elvington lol. What kind of numpty puts their hand under a wheel when its being lowered? lol

Originally posted by stealthhosts

Jake, I heard about your hand mate,

What kind of numpty puts their hand under a wheel when its being lowered? lol

I don't know what you heard mate but I didn't put my hand under the wheel as it was being lowered, I just didn't move it out of the way quick enough! The jack Dude was using comes down real fast , I never had a chance to move.

It was just one of those things, Dude was at the rear and didn't know I was there laid by the side of the car trying to look at the diff.

What can I say...:)

Excellent day. I was loving the drag finals.....

Dude is deffo the forum daddy now, proven fastest Soop in the UK...:D

It was so close at the end, gutting thing was that the winning time was slower than dude had gone earlier in the day.

Was a bit sad to see all the lovley Soops and still not have mine but hopefully not long now...:thumbs:

Just a couple of complaints though, I could never read the screen to see who was winning and what the f**k was the trophy bit at the end about???

I don't understand how dude could wind the RWD final, the RWD v FWD Final and then be runner up in the grand final but not get trophies for each win???:conf:

I reckon Dude should have walked away with more than he did.:)

Good to see everyone :) Big thanks to Terry for running the support truck, and JB for sorting the gazebo and chairs and stuff. Thanks to Matt H for letting me try his coil packs and for fitting new splugs in an effort to sort my misfire.

Incidentally, during the whole hand-trapped-under-car incident Jake never let go of his cigarette. You smokers :innocent: We want piccies of the injury :)

I'm having a timeout of working on the car but coming soon near you will be a technical thread talking about misfires, rev limiters, ignitions systems etc so get swotting :D

Matt - glad to see you got into the 12's near the end, and the RPS street max is a good clutch :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S

Just a quick big up to the Calder guys, they were on hand instantly to help when Jake got stuck, and when Team Vortex were basking it success, they were great sports and very friendly. Really good to see, and when that car hooks up it looks wild.

Guest Terry S

Also,Well done Matt H & Chis in the other two BL cars. Matt for recording 178mph in bog stock road trim, and Chis for running a 13 second 1/4 in bog stock road trim at only 0.9 bar!!!! Lots more to come from those two soon I think.

Good effort to all you guys who were running !

Mental cars everywhere. First time I'd ever seen a 1000+ bhp Supra and seeing it take off the line was very impressive.

Dude - very well played indeed ! You managed to beat it !

I thought it was a sure winner but when the pressure was on you got it away.

Never seen turbos so big on cars in all my life.

Are the offical results out yet ?

Hi all, first congratulation to dude well done you drove a blinder! nice to meet everyone and put a face to names, next year dude do us a favour and stay at home lol, sorry we did not get to speak to everyone as you may know we were kept busy most of the day rebuilding a subaru, it was also our 1st totb which is totally different from a 1/4 mile at the pod, and that top speed run does knock the you know what out of the cars. our game plan was not the best, no excuse's we could have done better! (we were wrong to change the settings on our launch control for the finals) thanks to chris and his team for putting on a great day out, all our guys enjoyed the day, could have been better for us though but hey thats motorsport and there is always next year! i think that auto is the way for us to go as we were shown by dude, we had a short talk with terry? from vortex who was very helpful, as titan and most of the boys from the states are using them to get in the 8's this must be the way forward as traction in most gears was a problem, thanks to all the supra team and look forward to next years totb, alex

Originally posted by ams

Hi all, first congratulation to dude well done you drove a blinder! nice to meet everyone and put a face to names, next year dude do us a favour and stay at home lol, sorry we did not get to speak to everyone as you may know we were kept busy most of the day rebuilding a subaru, it was also our 1st totb which is totally different from a 1/4 mile at the pod, and that top speed run does knock the you know what out of the cars. our game plan was not the best, no excuse's we could have done better! (we were wrong to change the settings on our launch control for the finals) thanks to chris and his team for putting on a great day out, all our guys enjoyed the day, could have been better for us though but hey thats motorsport and there is always next year! i think that auto is the way for us to go as we were shown by dude, we had a short talk with terry? from vortex who was very helpful, as titan and most of the boys from the states are using them to get in the 8's this must be the way forward as traction in most gears was a problem, thanks to all the supra team and look forward to next years totb, alex

:thumbs: :respekt: