The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Where to start......

Great to meet new people and the old faces, monkeymark, eyefi and jane, paul e, paul laing, dude, matt h, big roy, rich, emin, kev etc etc (forgive me if I missed anyone).

Great to watch ian, kev, dude, matt h, christian, the crd team,macanny (who very kindly gave me a free ticket and walked miles to give it to me) + the others.

Crazy to be stood watching the CRD subaru stack the corner of the track part of the event, spin, roll stand on end and then land tangled in barbed wire. Luckily, the driver was fine and walked away without a scratch.

Dude's supra did him proud as did all the others.

I am sure people will be along shortly with all the times etc.

A great day out and the sunshine was out in force.

Well done to all who raced.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dangerous brain

who won???

I'm not a 100% sure

I watched dude beat the CRD supra after it had a poo take-off and then I *think* a red skyline beat dude.

So I am pretty sure the skyline won (unless the last race was a personal race).

We were too far from the PA system to hear.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Times man TIMES! :)

Read on the Lancer Board best was an Evo at 10.32?

Well it was the drag shootout we watched last and I'm damn sure there wasn't an evo there at the end :D

there are all different catagories and then an overall, as I said, we were too far from the tannoy to hear the results, we just watched the races.

Absolute quality to watch............ huge congratulations to dude on his runs today :thumbs: Beating the CRD Supra was like watching david topple goliath :) The race vs. the RK skyline R32 in the final looked really close as well, didn't catch the times.

CRD - Awesome performance on the majority of your runs..... can't help but think if you'd beaten dude you'd also have beaten the R32 in the final. Great to see it in action again........ I see there's a couple of large bottles of NOS in the passenger side of the car now too, don't recall seeing them at Crail.

Anyone know who the overall winner on points was then?

Brian.

Guest Sakura

I just spoke with Matt B, who is on his way back from TOTB3. He said Dude won the RWD race, then raced against the winner of the FWD race, and beat him too. He came second in the top speed run, and second to a skyline in the drag. I'm sure someone who was there will give more details soon.

Looks like Dude had a really good birthday!:D

really really busy this year must have been 10x the attendance of the previous year. they really need to get some grandstands sorted now the crowds r going. folk from all over, kept hearing all sorts of languages.

reall shame not to see paul whiffin's car and sad to hear leon killed his a couple of days before. still good to see the dude and the other guys running. no-one seemed to b running 100% though. i think chris was still putting some respectable stock turbo times in.

great day out, good to see the usual suspects and a few new faces. u made it home yet dave? :) good drive home, cant wait to get the supra back on the road.

the "shaven haven" evo stood out again this year, sounded ace, looked real fast on the handling curcuit. the calder evo looked fast and so did the supra, i didnt see the supra get a very good launch though, but it seriously flew the last 1/8th. shame about the new Rod Bell car (keith cowies new one??).

Great day out, was good to meet everyone I spoke to, some people I'd not seen since TOTB last year, others I met for the first time. Well, where to start?!...

Monkey Mark, eyefi and Jane were there as usual, you sunburnt or what Monkey? ;) And where was Skyline Lee? Spoke to Gaz Walker briefly (I meant to come back and see if you had any HKS filter spongey things with you), didn't get to speak to Kev Huntley all day but did wave as he drove past early in the afternoon. Mid 12's was the best I think Kev ran? Dunno if there was some problem there or if it was just getting used to the car now it's single? Spoke to Jake about Great Danes for a bit, spoke to Ian C about single turbo's, cam's, fuel systems, e-manage and from the man who once said he was sticking with hybrids around this time last year, this year he said "this turbo is enough power for me"... How long before he wacks a bigger turbo on do we reckon? ;) Very nice install on that single Ian, and yes I'm very jealous now. Saw Big Roy (he's not hard to miss either is he?) but didn't chat to him, also saw Matt H, Christian Doran, Terry S (I think was the geezer sat in the gazeebo), Paul Laing and girlfriend. Chatted to Michel Lane and JJ briefly too, JJ's MR2 had a water leak unfortunately, and hurry up and get that Supra running Michel! ;) Spoke to Mcanny for a bit too, you know sticking with the Supe is the right choice ;) Spoke to Leon, you could tell he was upset about his Supe blowing up on Friday just when it was all coming together and going great, don't know what was up with it, he said he was gonna take a step back a bit and take his time, hope he gets it up and running again soon. Spoke to Chris N briefly as we were leaving, I wasn't stalking you I swear (no matter what eyefi may try and tell you). Tried to chat to Dee Ireland from CRD but they were busy swapping the diff over on their Supe to try and do better on the handling track. God knows how the guy managed to stack their Imprezza so badly, we just saw it turn up back at their tent looking very battered, still seemed to be running ok though.

Well done to all the Supra's, Dude played a blinder, didn't see any of the earlier runs but was cheering him on for all the finals with my girlfriend. Dude, can I get a signed photo of you for her? ;) And where was Paul Whiffin?? I was looking forward to seeing him run and having a chat. I'll get photo's up tomorrow hopefully, took quite a lot but most of em will be crap knowing me.

Hello to anyone else I met but forgot to mention and again well done to all the Supra's today! :thumbs:

I've just got home from TOTB. 560+ miles round trip! :eek:

Had a cracking time. Dude winning the RWD class and the 2WD class was fantastic. Respect is due to John and the other Vortex guys for producing such an incredibly performing car on a budget that is small fraction of what has been spent on some of the other cars there.

Met loads of folks from here for the first time and saw lots of the usual suspects from the Southern Softy Chapter of the club. I won't try to name names because I'm bound to forget folks but you're all top guys. Oh yeah, special mention for Thorin's Nikita - she's beautiful. Thorin mate, you must be very proud

Also, I'd like to say a really big thank you to the guys from CRD for rescuing me when I had a bit of an accident whilst working on Dude's car. Cheers guys!

And another thank you to Terry S for kicking me in the middle of the night and telling me STFU snoring!

I've got a fair bit of video recorded from this weekend, I'll see if any of is any good and maybe "do a Millhouse" with it during the week.

Originally posted by Jake

Oh yeah, special mention for Thorin's Nikita - she's beautiful. Thorin mate, you must be very proud

Well she's my girlfriend's dog not mine, but yeah they're both lovely :D

'kita was getting more attention than the cars a lot of the time so I think she enjoyed it, she even jumped up and put her paws on the barrier to get a better look at the drag racing :thumbs: The only thing she didn't like was a VERY loud imprezza that decided to rev the bollocks off it just as we were stood by it's exhaust.

Originally posted by migster

Enjoy the M1 drive home did you :innocent: shocking behaviour:blink:

It's not big and and it's not clever. You and Mr Nice should be ashamed of yourselves.

I was only keeping up with you and Matt because I going to make a Citizen's Arrest. :innocent:

Nice one though, guys. Just what I needed to keep me awake. Really focuses the mind, doesn't it?

Dislikes - £20 too much, that screen was un-readable for the results, all the bloody people stood inside the barriers right next to the cars for the finals so we couldn't see. Anyone got Chris Mann's e-mail address? They should sort that out, should be no spectators past the entrance barriers but yet it happens every time and they don't do anything about it, it was funny when one kid almost got knocked out when they swung the big camera round (unfortunately he got out of the way).

Originally posted by Jake

It's not big and and it's not clever. You and Mr Nice should be ashamed of yourselves.

I was only keeping up with you and Matt because I going to make a Citizen's Arrest. :innocent:

Nice one though, guys. Just what I needed to keep me awake. Really focuses the mind, doesn't it?

Sorry officer:innocent: YEAH it kept me awake OK and the fact that I had a boot full of race fuel multyplied it:blink:

Originally posted by dude

I think 'Fat Hand Jake ' should now be a permanent member of team Vortex at race meetings , thanks for mucking in Jake and thanks to Matt Mig and Big Tel as well .

Dude:flame Dev

Jake if you like you can be Vortex health and safety officer seeing as you are an expert in the accident department:p