The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

No, Richie Beaumont of the 200sx :D

He was spraying Dude's IC with a CO2 bottle for the finals.

Richie is an absolute top guy and another one i like racing with , i may try and get to the Pod on Sunday if CRD are going but most of the big hitters wont be there for the chav fest , loaded magazine phoned me today and asked me to go run against CRD and some others they were just gonna phone Dee after me .I told them to give Paul Whiffin a ring but i cant see RC , Fensport etc being there .However id like to race Dee again so i havent given up on going just yet .

Dude:flame Dev

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bobbeh, I am pretty sure that Glen Warren with the Gold Supra was running instead of Leon, what times did he get with the single conversion? Where did you see the handling results?:stupid:

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by Bobbeh

I just noticed the handling course times, and Leons name was on the list with a time, whose car was he in, if his went wrong? :conf:

Thanks for the kind words that means alot from somebody with your track experience.

Could you let me know when the next track day is at Elvington and I will give it ago. Is the circuit pretty similar to TOB3 or is it the whole track? Can you run alone or do you have to run with others at the same time?

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by AJI

Kevin - well played fella ! You put in a good performance considering your lack of track experience. I watched you light it up the strip and you got 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th gears well and truely nailed. Very quick change speed.

A track day or two will indeed allow you to get much faster times on handling circuits. Easytrack and a few others hold track days at Elvington more or less every two to three weeks during the summer. It would be a good idea if you were to do a few track days to do them at elvington so you can play with the limits on the runway surface. The surface at elvington is quite different to that of say, a proper racing circuit such as Croft or Silverstone etc.

If you need any more tuition please feel free to ask. :p

But from your performance on sunday you are more or less there anyway !!

adam ok, jagman 4 very soft shocks, mark the white supra on the trailer we had with us was for spares if needed it has700 plus bhp and has ran a11.2 sec run, dude we are keen to go to santa pod but as the car has 2 low comp readings on 1and 2 cyl if its the gasket we should be ok but if its anything else who knows will post here if we are going,hope to have the head of towmorrow alex crd

Originally posted by slowboy

adam ok, jagman 4 very soft shocks, mark the white supra on the trailer we had with us was for spares if needed it has700 plus bhp and has ran a11.2 sec run, dude we are keen to go to santa pod but as the car has 2 low comp readings on 1and 2 cyl if its the gasket we should be ok but if its anything else who knows will post here if we are going,hope to have the head of towmorrow alex crd

you dont mess about, you can tell you want to come out tops.

you not done anything more on the gtr side?

what diff you use to do top speed run

is it a jap spec 6 speed or uk spec 6 speed diff

Originally posted by slowboy

Hope it's nothing too serious :eek:

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Thanks for the kind words that means alot from somebody with your track experience.

Could you let me know when the next track day is at Elvington and I will give it ago. Is the circuit pretty similar to TOB3 or is it the whole track? Can you run alone or do you have to run with others at the same time?

Thanks

Kevin

Next Bookatrack day up there is on the 4th of September:

http://www.bookatrack.co.uk/-pB?508

The track takes in most of the runway but doesn't go right up to the end, all the width though and it's lovely and wide for some serious gooning - expect to waste a full set of tyres if you want to play a lot though, it's even more abrasive at 120mph sideways :)

They generally run 3 groups, novice, intermediate and advanced and you go out on 20 minute sessions - there are normally around 40 places in total so not many cars out at a time and tuition is available if you want it. A great opportunity to really explore the Supra and lot more fun that than straightline stuff in my opinion ;)

Sounds good, i'm up for a trackday there. I'll run the 17s and give them a beating lol

Nice to meet some new faces at Elvington:

Peter Sharp, Paul E, Rob, Lewis, MonkeyMark (i didn't know that was you, i've been waving at someone else for the past year), Dude, Terry & Matt - Never had time to chat but spotted ya!

Good day out, bit dissapointing after all the hype, missed the Norris Evo, Rocket Ronnie was running bad times, but overall it was still a good day out, definetly need stands though next year, even if it means paying £30 a seat!

Auto cars are best for Drag racing, Titanmotorsports Supra used to have a manual gearbox, but found that an Auto gave more consistant times.....too easy though with an Auto!!! A manual is a real drivers car, you make the errors and when you do a good time you actually have, not the car! lol :p ;)

Just kiddin lads

Paul

Yeah, I'd just like to re-itterate what mcanny said about the abraisive surface. You can expect to go through a set of tyres on one track day there. But it does depend how you drive it.

The last trackday I did at Elvington I did two laps flat out then one lap to cool the tyres a bit then two laps flat out again etc.

This is becaue if you let the tyres get too hot then they go really sticky, which is wearing them down at the fastest rate. If you let them cool off slightly then you can make them last longer.

The track that is usually laid out is pretty long and even if there are a few cars out at the same time then you usually have plenty of space to play around.

Most of these trackday comapnies set off with a session format then end up letting anyone go out when they feel like it. Especially at elvington where there is nothing to run into apart from the car in front.

If you do go then take a tyre pressure gauge and a foot pump so that you can play around with pressure balance. It makes a hell of a difference changing the tyres by a couple of psi.

Also a good thing to do is to get someone to stand at the track side to time your laps. This gives you something to improve on throughout the day.