The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Originally posted by Ian C

Good to meet you at last Mark, sorry if I couldn't get through your accent at times, it was a looong day :D You don't look anything like your avatar :)

-Ian

i thought i talked normal :)

other half in chester says i talk too fast sometimes

nice to meet you too. i had a quick nosey at your install when me and eyefi were walking round

hope to have a go next year. its hard just watching :mad:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I missed out on a cracking day out:( looking at the vids this is something I gotta do next year- what a hoot! smoke, noise,adrenalin-just like losing your virginity again:D - seeing the crd supra run seems to me power without control does not work-during the launch the car can be seen lifting on springs rather than transmitting the power forward,compared to Dudes very flat even launch obviously auto is the way to go (sorry 6 speeders:p )

even on the handling circuit way too much power without control those poor back tyres didnt stand a chance! almost zero body roll on the car but the rapid torque build up :eek: carlos sainz couldnt of got that round that circuit

Originally posted by jagman

Looks like I missed out on a cracking day out:( looking at the vids this is something I gotta do next year- what a hoot! smoke, noise,adrenalin-just like losing your virginity again:D - seeing the crd supra run seems to me power without control does not work-during the launch the car can be seen lifting on springs rather than transmitting the power forward,compared to Dudes very flat even launch obviously auto is the way to go (sorry 6 speeders:p )

Arg!!! :angry: , this car has run a sub 10 sec run, its not the BOX!

Plus there are countless cars in the US running 9's with 6 speeds. Auto just makes it easier to achieve, its not impossible with the manual :)

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Well done all involved :thumbs:

Dude, good times & well done. Your car was seriously stripped! Auto is the way forward!

Gaz.

Nice to see the Envy car going and im sure there is more to come from it:thumbs:

On a seperate note how was Dude's car seriously Stripped Then. I dont think spending 10 minutes taking 2 seats seats out, a boot spoiler and a tow ball classes as anywhere near seriously stripped. CRD on the other hand now thats seriously stripped:innocent:

i would have liked to have seen what my old (auto ;) ) boat would have done........

it had a low 12 in it...... :(

Still unsure if the new owner is on here?!?!?! Hello?

I think im just going to import a single turbo moster :D

CRD - Why didn't you take the white supra too? Its surely good for an 11sec run?

jagman the car is meant to sit up on launch, with 1000 bhp it is easier on the transmission ie the suspension takes up some of the brutal launch forces,the lack of forward motion was due to launch settings which were done before our last run and wee obviosly got them wrong regards alex crd

adam the white car is sold new owner going to crail at the weekend, we are going to santa pod on sunday with the impreza and supra we would probably done better at totb with the old car as i think the gold one has to much power for the concrete without using a superb traction control and spending time setting it up which was not done(power you can never have enough) however on a preped track wee should better our 9.95 set there at a previous meeting ,time will only tell regards alex crd

yup.....

How much did the white supra go for?

The gold one does seem to be very hit or miss off the line :(

I may speak to someone about importing a big power supra when i pop in to get the skyline.... The GTS is, to be honest, very watery, compared to it.... The bloody punto GT is quicker than it :moo:

On that note.... Your receptionist said she'd phone back with the price for the work being done to it :conf: That was this morning.....

No worries......

adam £17500 see dee about a big single lots of mods req to be done to sva one unless under 10 ,will now go and kick ass keep your phone handy

adam your phone is engaged fitting clutch and timing belt and boost controler £240 plus flywheel skim @approx £30 all plus vat checking engine foc sorry all for hyjacking this thread alex crd

Mark

i made a rushed commitment to that red supra (in my topic, how much would you pay) but the bid didnt go ahead due to a dodgy sounding engine.... kinda glad as i would prefer to sell the skyline 1st :innocent: ..... but yeah..... cant have you above my times for too long. Jonny should be knocking at your times soon tho.... Same spec as mine.... done by Leon too, but Manual. He ran a 12.8 i think with more boost to come

My 12.6 was run with crap setting on the controller :( solenoids opening far too slow :(

Originally posted by Adam Kindness

Mark

i made a rushed commitment to that red supra (in my topic, how much would you pay) but the bid didnt go ahead due to a dodgy sounding engine.... kinda glad as i would prefer to sell the skyline 1st :innocent: ..... but yeah..... cant have you above my times for too long. Jonny should be knocking at your times soon tho.... Same spec as mine.... done by Leon too, but Manual. He ran a 12.8 i think with more boost to come

My 12.6 was run with crap setting on the controller :( solenoids opening far too slow :(

hehehe

my time on stock jap ceramic turbos, no boost controller, stock fuel pump.

got a new 4000k stall and drag radials a line lock and walbro and greddy oil relocating kit to fit when it comes back.

and still no boost controller or fuel comp.

who needs hybrids :innocent:

good to see you coming back

keep us updated with that white supra at crail if you off there

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

No, Richie Beaumont of the 200sx :D

He was spraying Dude's IC with a CO2 bottle for the finals.

It was a Fire Extinguisher actually, same thing though I suppose.

Was very nice him to help Dude like that

Alex-crd thanks for the reply,just observing the vids again,and thinking....the reaction of the huge torque via the wheels must be to lift the front, transmitted via rear springs then chassis then front springs, wouldnt there also be a drivetrain torque reaction to twist the car ie one front wing up the opposite rear quarter down , ( bear with me I know diddly about dragging) yet the car rises pretty evenly like wise Johns car, I guess you use one hard shock/spring and one softer at rear. it looks to me like the secret to a good launch is the balance between traction at the rear/transmitting the torque to forward motion and not lifting the front against gravity-looks like im gonna have to do some background reading before I set off like "Mr Toad goes drag racing " - do it once do it right

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

what sort of spec was the white supra, was it that one on the trailer with veilside front end on it. was it a single turbo car.

I had a look under the bonnet of the white Supra that was on the trailer behind our area. It was a single turbo, had T5 something on the turbo housing, T54R iirc, does that sound right?