The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from TOTB3

Lewis

Originally posted by ams

Hi all, first congratulation to dude well done you drove a blinder! nice to meet everyone and put a face to names, next year dude do us a favour and stay at home lol, sorry we did not get to speak to everyone as you may know we were kept busy most of the day rebuilding a subaru, it was also our 1st totb which is totally different from a 1/4 mile at the pod, and that top speed run does knock the you know what out of the cars. our game plan was not the best, no excuse's we could have done better! (we were wrong to change the settings on our launch control for the finals) thanks to chris and his team for putting on a great day out, all our guys enjoyed the day, could have been better for us though but hey thats motorsport and there is always next year! i think that auto is the way for us to go as we were shown by dude, we had a short talk with terry? from vortex who was very helpful, as titan and most of the boys from the states are using them to get in the 8's this must be the way forward as traction in most gears was a problem, thanks to all the supra team and look forward to next years totb, alex

I'll second that, it's just really nice to see 2 very quick soops out there competing. Full respect to CRD for choosing the soops over the skylines. I see you guys have a few nice soops in your possesion.:D

Can't wait for next year. :cool: Might even have a go myself...:p

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Results:

Redline TOTB 3 Trophy and Awards list 2004

1. 1/4m Class Winner FWD – ANDY NICHOLLS AET TURBOS 12.08s 121MPH

2. 1/4m Class Winner RWD- DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 10.84s 130MPH

3. 1/4m Class Winner 4WD- CLIVE REDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS 10.32s 134MPH

4. Handling -Class Winner FWD- JIM BASFORD 42.37s

5. Handling -Class Winner RWD- STEVE WILSON 39.33s

6. Handling -Class Winner 4WD- JASON HULBERT 37.43s

7. Top Speed Class Winner FWD- ANDY ROBINSON 171.8MPH

8. Top Speed Class Winner RWD- DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 201.3MPH

9. Top Speed Class Winner 4WD-ROCKET RONNIE 192.4MPH

All the above are decided at the end of qualifying 3.30pm apart from handling which closed at 3.15pm.

Redline TOTB 3 Top Speed Champion – DEE IRELAND-CALDER RACING SUPRA-201.3MPH

(Awarded to the highest overall top speed achieved in Qualifying.)

Shootouts 4pm onwards

Redline TOTB 3 Handling Shootout Champion – GARY NUTTALL CPP DEVELOPMENTS EVO 37.08s

Redline TOTB 3 1/4m Drag Shootout Champion- RON KIDELL R32 SKYLINE

Redline TOTB 3 Team Award Winners GTR REGISTER 59 Points

Runners up MLR 42 Points

3RD Place SUPRA’S 22 Points

Redline TOTB 3 Champion- The Overall Winner.

ROCKET RONNIE SKYLINE R33 GTR 24 POINTS IN TOTAL

(2ND OVERALL DRAG, 2ND OVERALL TOP SPEED, 5TH OVERALL HANDLING)

Additional Trophies & Awards

Japanese Performance Magazine

1. Fastest Japanese Car 1/4m CLIVE SEDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS 10.32s

2. Highest Top Speed for Japanese Car DEE IRELAND CALDER RACING 201.3MPH

3. Quickest Lap Japanese Car GARY NUTTALL CPP DEVELOPMENTS 37.08s

ERL Aquamist Water Injection Systems Fastest Car

NADINE GEARY DODGE VIPER 172.9mph

AET TURBO’S LTD

1/4M CLASS WINNERS –PRIZES- E-BOOST ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLERS

FWD ANDY NICHOLLS RWD DEE IRELAND 4WD CLIVE SEDDON

1/4M FASTEST NON TUNER ENTRY- PRIZES £250 VOUCHER TOWARDS AET PRODUCTS

FWD STEVE NICHOLLS RWD JOHN MORGAN 4WD ROCKET RONNIE

TURBO DYNAMICS LTD TROPHIES FOR FASTEST CAR IN CLASS USING TD TURBO’S

FWD BARBZ SHEIKH FIAT COUPE TURBO

RWD NIGEL PEGG SKYLINE R34 GTT

4WD ADRIAN SMITH FENSPORT CORROLLA

Crash.Net FASTEST 1/4M OF THE DAY AWARD

CLIVE SEDDON RC DEVELOPMENTS

Looks like we came third! :)

Congrats to all the Supra runners, especially Dude and Dee! :thumbs:

:looney:

Damn good day out. Total respect and congratulations to Dude and CRD! The Skylines are no longer leagues ahead :D

The finals were a real buzz. Excellent entertainment.

Thanks to all the guys that helped me out this year. Mig, Terry, Dude and Guy at CPL. Pity my clutch decided to choose yesterday to start slipping. ;( - Never mind, 178 is a vast improvement on my previous best of 165! And I only tried once!

Nice to see the famillier faces again, and good to meet some new guys.

I'm with Matt B. Dude has the fastest UK Supra until someone races against him head to head, and wins. You can't compare times with different tracks and conditions.

The drive home was interesting to say the least. Mig and Jake, you're both complete nutters!!! :p But we still got our asses whooped by a bloody Nissan Navara! :innocent:

Congratulations to everyone that took part and turned up to make it such a good day. :thumbs:

Originally posted by Matt B

Why not???

He beat the CRD one fair and sqaure did he not?

Times are one thing, but doing it when the pressure is really on is what counts... All IMO :)

Yeah of course he beat it on the day, but proclaiming its the fastest Supe in the UK is wrong, until Dude runs a 9.95 or better - then you can chant all you like and I'll join you :)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Yeah of course he beat it on the day, but proclaiming its the fastest Supe in the UK is wrong, until Dude runs a 9.95 or better - then you can chant all you like and I'll join you :)

With colder air temperatures and different timing gear, he may well be able to run a better time. It was bloody hot yesterday afternoon!

He has now beaten the very same car that did that 9.95 run....

Like I said, IMO, he now has the fastest UK Supra until he gets beaten head to head.

disclaimer: All IMHO, and not meaning any disrespect to the Calder guys who were great! Also, I'm not trying to say that any timing gear is at fault, but we all know it can be.

Well done all involved :thumbs:

Good show by all, not sure what happened to Paul, bad luck to Leon again :(

Dude, good times & well done. Your car was seriously stripped! Auto is the way forward! Quick Q - were you running with the gas?

Great showdown with Ron, my favourite part of the day - btw that Skyline was built with parts supplied by us ;)

Sorry we didn't have more time for a chat...

Matt, tough luck on the clutch. The whole vortex team weren't around when I popped up a couple of times in the afternoon otherwise I would have said hello.

Big up to CRD. Always on hand for help and a few bits we forgot to bring. Your setup was great as always and you always put on a show. Thanks for the demo on Sat evening, sorry but I've never seen any car move like that, lit up the night with fire :D

Our luck was as normal, with the car running on the std fuel map on low boost and problems with the AEM map. By the time we had it swapped over properly (3pm) the car then had the road tyres on and traction was a major problem, and we couldn't get another run in on the drag tyres before the cut off. The car was a hell of lot faster then. As CRD said though, this is motorsport and these things happen and theres always next year...

Also our trim was full road spec and then some, with all the seats, spare wheel, tools, sub box etc etc.

Kevin did get 2nd fastest Supra (CRD won) though on the track, on his first go - and the first time EVER on a track day.

3rd best team though is a good result...

Gaz.

adam the impreza only has light panel damage tell the gf its ok i was talking to keith he said that the front diff gave up on his first run he was gutted i cant say i blame him he has worked day and night to get it ready for the main event and that hapens poor guy

Congratulations to Dude great show! Well done to CRD on the Top speed run! :blink:

I was just a little disapointed on my cars performance on the Day was hoping for mid 11 1/4's, but it wasn't to be. I had the wrong AEM Map installed from the start and could not change it to the Dyno Setup map as I had the wrong software on my Laptop.:stupid:

Pete @ Thor came to my rescue at 3 Oclock but I spent around 1/2 an hour in the que waiting for a top speed run only to be told the timing gear was broken:mad: I then did not have time to change back to my Drag radials.

Times for the day:

1/4 mile = 12.56

Top speed = 169.4mph could not get 6th gear.

Handling = 44.48 (first and only go)

I really enjoyed the handling circuit I think I will have to do more Track days in the future. I have a bit of a sore neck this morning as I nearly put the drivers side window through twice on the chicane section!

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Well done all involved :thumbs:

Good show by all, not sure what happened to Paul, bad luck to Leon again :(

Dude, good times & well done. Your car was seriously stripped! Auto is the way forward! Quick Q - were you running with the gas?

Great showdown with Ron, my favourite part of the day - btw that Skyline was built with parts supplied by us ;)

Sorry we didn't have more time for a chat...

Gaz.

Gaz , we felt we had to strip the car as the CRD car ran within reach of an upset @ 10.84 , so we stripped it and ran a 10.85 with no NOS , i think the slight loss of weight only made a diff on the launch and as it all took only about 20 mins to do i thought why not , it was Leons idea and may have made a slight difference , the gas is useless without a purge kit as it was so hot it took 2-3 secs for the nos to come thru , the only time i ran it the car was slower but higher Trap , i will have a purge kit and a couple of other bits by Jap Performance , if you wanna do 1/4 and top speed then Auto is the daddy , im sure Kev will get the car sorted soon , can you not get to York raceway and shake it down for Jap performance ????

Dude

:flame Dev

Just like to add that the Calder boys are top chaps , not stuck up like some datsun and viper owners , it was a pleasure to race them and even more fun to beat them ;) , i look forward to more competition in the future if only all the competitors were such good sports !!!!, Dee and co if you need any help picking an auto set-up Terry and I are more than happy to help , once again big up to Dee and CRD racing top bunch of lads :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Jake

Yep, agreed. :thumbs:

In fact I'd like to give them a big hand.

Would that be the right one ?????:stupid: Hows those vids coming ?? id like to think i at least 'out burnouted' Ron Kidells liner !!!!:baa:

Kevin - well played fella ! You put in a good performance considering your lack of track experience. I watched you light it up the strip and you got 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th gears well and truely nailed. Very quick change speed.

A track day or two will indeed allow you to get much faster times on handling circuits. Easytrack and a few others hold track days at Elvington more or less every two to three weeks during the summer. It would be a good idea if you were to do a few track days to do them at elvington so you can play with the limits on the runway surface. The surface at elvington is quite different to that of say, a proper racing circuit such as Croft or Silverstone etc.

If you need any more tuition please feel free to ask. :p

But from your performance on sunday you are more or less there anyway !!

Originally posted by Matt B

Why not???

He beat the CRD one fair and sqaure did he not?

Times are one thing, but doing it when the pressure is really on is what counts... All IMO :)

All i have to say is

'Ask any racer , any real racer , winning is winning , it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile !!!!:stupid:

Im sure Dee will agree , yes the CRD car has run a 9.9?? !/4 but thats different to a heads up race , so we are left with this Dee's car has the quicker time yet ive beat him heads up , so who has the faster car/combo , all i have to say is this , if the race was for money who would have gone home with the prize ???? Dee/CRD have a very fast car , i have a very fast car at that particular time mine was faster , there will be times when he will beat me and more when i will beat him , thats racing and thats what makes it fun . I like a challenge so hows this next year i will run a 9 sec 1/4 at TOTB 4 and a 200mph +++ top speed run , having met them i know that Dee/CRD will answer that challenge and be there to battle , im determined to beat those damned Taxis !!!:thumbs:

Well done to all, some serious machines. For me the 3 best to watch (most enteraining) were Dudes, CRD Sup and that mad golf.

Dude in the final I'm sure you know, we were watching from near the end of the strip and you were seriously gaining ground on the datsun over the last few 10's of yards.

Good work.