JamieP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon

WOW, only just seen this thread, they look great now they're fitted :cool:

these were a bit of a learning curve, but i mastered it in the end.

if it's OK with Jamie I'd like to post up some pre production pics of these? to give you all an idea of the process :)

btw just a quick word of warning on these kits if anyone was thinking of doing a set, and that is look through the box and find the 2 tubes of glue supplied with the kit.... and bin them, flour an water mixed together will bond better than this stuff :(

They look fappin great Jamie, would like to see how they look from above and the side, but hopefully will get a look at the Reading meet.

So, in order to get these you need proper facelift lights (as the beam pattern is in the lens itself), then the abflug kit on top?

Thats seriously pricey if you don't already have the facelift lights!!

Guest gzaerojon

here's a few pics :) then lens had to be cut out completely, and they shatter pretty easily, got through a few lenses :innocent:

I guess I've missed the point of these, once assembled and fitted they look a lot like normal facelift lights to me :think:

Im with you there Michael, they look nice and everything, but it seems a lot of work and money to get what pretty much amounts to a clear front lens on a dark inner.

JB

Im with you there Michael, they look nice and everything, but it seems a lot of work and money to get what pretty much amounts to a clear front lens on a dark inner.

JB

That's the length that JP is willing to go to......talk about attention to detail.

Am I right in thinking there is no diffusion pattern on the Abflug lens ?

if so how does it get on from an E-mark / MOT perspective?

This could end up a very expensive purchase, as you could end up needing a spare set for MOT purposes.

Mike

Yeah that.