The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to facelift your pre-facelift Supra

part_timer

There is no difference in colour, must be the photo. arsehole.

nice write up!!!! Now get your bumper the right colour..LOL ;-)

Did you not notice the LOL and the ;-) in my reply (As in only joking, due to the fact that all silver bumpers look different in pictures) That was a good write up followed up with a bit of banter. So please read the reply for what it is before calling me an arsehole. (wanker:p )

• 3 years later...
Guest van_damme_supra

nice write up. i have the facelift indicaters but i don't have the holders. also you have to have 2 in stead of 1? do you have a different switch or something for the blue ones? (very nice btw :thumbs: )

nice write up. i have the facelift indicaters but i don't have the holders. also you have to have 2 in stead of 1? do you have a different switch or something for the blue ones? (very nice btw :thumbs: )

There's another guide on here that shows how to take a line from your side lights down to include them in the indicators. If you don't have two holders, then I'm afraid you've bought some pretty rubbish lights!

Guest van_damme_supra
There's another guide on here that shows how to take a line from your side lights down to include them in the indicators. If you don't have two holders, then I'm afraid you've bought some pretty rubbish lights!

can you give me the link? i bought them @ suprastore.. toyota original i think. didn't know they come without holders and bulbs :(

ive got my facelift sidelights ready to go on,

really wasnt gona pay 40 quid for the holders tho!

no chance.

i just ran wire from the larger indicator bulbs, going to the existing loom.

the smaller sidelight bulb holders are on ebay,

the bulbs are called 501 bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PARKING-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-HOLDER-FREE-12v-5w-501-BULBS_W0QQitemZ110479874058QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item19b91d180a

• 5 years later...

5yrs old sorry but I really need an alternative to having sidelights until I can source some facelift looms, I forgot to do this mod when fitting my facelift headlights and now I only have 10days to fix and retake my MOT.

I already have facelift indicators, can I just buy some side light bulb holders off eBay and wire them in some how?

I thought you only need a fog light at the back to pass the mot not fog lights at the front!!

But I maybe wrong I only say this as my mot guy passed mine the other week and wasn't worried about the front!!

The fog lights are not an issue pal, they work just fine. it's the missing sidelight you get in the pre-facelift headlight but not in the facelift because it's in the indicator housing

Cheap fix would be use the old socket...wire it up.. and tape it to the mounting area in the facelift indicator. Not their job to tell you its taped in. Once it produces the proper light.

Is that not part of the pre-facelift headlights? I don't recall seeing a spare light housing when fitting the facelift headlights?

But your on the right path, I'm thinking something like these? Any suggestions which to use or does it matter?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-W5W-T10-Side-Interior-Light-Bulb-HOLDER-Extension-Socket-Soft-Rubber-Push-In-/271389529604?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-W5W-Wedge-501-Side-Light-Parking-Bulb-Universal-Adapter-Holder-Socket-Plug-/161008330061?nav=SEARCH

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

Its grey and long and is at the bottom of the headlight, un twist and pull. 2 wires coming out, lengthen the wire and tape into the facelift indicator. Should be a smaller fit. Duct tape will work, don't break the bank, if its temp for a week, cut, twist the wires together, tape up the joins and tape to the facelift unit.

Sod those ebay link, use the one your supra has, youll have to cut it off anyway when you get the facelift loom. No rocket science behind it, supras are builts like all other cars...youd botch a micras wiring wouldn't you? botch it for a week.