The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thor Racing Supra Dyno Day

Guest mk47

while you are there can you remove those brakes for me too? ill collect :)

Hands off the breaks, there mine :) and the tacky seats.

Thanks for organising Maz. It was a very good half day there for me. Great to see a few people I have met before and nice to meet some new ones. UK Rich's car is immaculate and it was a pleasure to meet you :)

Mark

Oh and nice to see you before I left Greg :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah dude nobody knows. Johnny,Thor or even Whifbitz who sold the car...

I do agree that something is amiss, gotta be.

It's not hard to see if he's got 440's or not, just look at the colour of the injectors... Don't need to be a tuning name to achieve that :)

-Ian

I seen some quite good runs. There was a silver Supra, not sure who's it was ran 364 ish at the hubs, which was good.

That was me (364.9 rwbh - 349.7 ft/lb)

Just wanted to say what a Great Day, Cheers Maz.

the second time the car has been dyn'd @ thor (once before going BBU) so a good way for me to see an accurate increase (same test, same equipment etc is always good).

As discussed on the way home, everyone was so nice, and very approachable, and so friendly offering advise and compliments.

if only everyone in the world was like that, it would be a completely different place.

we sure do have a good thing going in this Club.

Couldn’t have asked for better weather. And Pete and the crew as always a real pleasure to talk too.

look forward to meeting you all again soon

BTW Steve Sherwood’s Car , What and awesome sound

jamie

Thanks Johnny and yeah mate, sorry we missed eachother most of the day! :( I am pretty sure you must have Hybrids though to be running that power, you certainly haven't got a small single and there's no other real options for generating that sort of power............I don't think! :)

Mr Hanky, good to see you briefly too buddy. I need to get up earlier ;)

Turbonout, great to meet you too. Nice to see a female amongst the gallons of testosterone flying around yesterday! Me included. :)

Oh, good to see SupraNick too, great car you have there Nick and hope your luck changes now and you don't have to spend any more spondoolies on getting things fixed!

I didn't realise Thor was only 10 mins away from me til yesterday - BONUS!

Thanks again Maz. I'll upload a video of the 850 monster shortly.

Rich - you certainly had the cleanest car buddy - stunning.

Greg

It would surprise you what BHP a BPU car can do, when all is done nicely. Whith hybrids, FMIC, twin spark, dragger and cats out witha very tight and fresh engine, I managed to get a little past the 500 mark, though it took three very big lads sitting on the back of the car to get traction. In view of this i think hub dynos are best as even 5% slip, which is barely noticable on the rev counter can rob you of BHP. All IMO of course.

my black car managed 473 at the hubs on hybrids,I would be thinking that is around 500fwhp? 650cc injectors,256/264 cams,fully rebuilt engine with HKS head gasket,HKS hiper,3" dp mp,HKS trac removal.

Probably true. My car has managed just over 295 at the rear wheels on low boost without the hybrids according to a recent dyno sheet, and that was on stocks with a poorly mapped F-Con but no idea how reliable that really is! Previous owner ran it on the dyno at Engine Advantages.

I'd be hoping for a good 350rwhp now with a new FMIC, Hybrid Stage 3's and Boost Controller.

I believe Johnny has a very strong car with something extra special under the hood. :)

I believe Johnny has a very strong car with something extra special under the hood. :)

Greg who's johnny mate? :search: Think you have confused me.. all this time i assumed you were talking about stef (johnnyknox)

A cracking day yesterday. It was really good to meet people from the club for the first time and hopefully I'll attend some more meets very soon. Everyone was dead friendly helpfull and had some good advise. Thanks to Maz and everyone at Thor. A damn good day. :thumbs:

hi guys , just arrived home , thanks maz for inviting me to the dyno day , a few teething problems but not to worry .

thanks to all the guys whos cars we valeted, hope you were happy with the results , only disappointment for me is i didnt get to see any of the dynos , and didnt get much chance to chat with you guys , so next time ill have to get to know you guys a bit better :)

thanks again from me and jean

hi guys , just arrived home , thanks maz for inviting me to the dyno day , a few teething problems but not to worry .

thanks to all the guys whos cars we valeted, hope you were happy with the results , only disappointment for me is i didnt get to see any of the dynos , and didnt get much chance to chat with you guys , so next time ill have to get to know you guys a bit better :)

thanks again from me and jean

I didnt have my car done but I wish I had. You did a really good job, the supes looked brand new when you had finished with them.

Really enjoyed it, just unfortunate I had to leave early!

Peter did a fantastic job cleaning the car, inside and out. The back seats were so clean my poor bro-in-law was sliding about like he was on ice! :D

Turbonout, great to meet you too. Nice to see a female amongst the gallons of testosterone flying around yesterday! Me included. :)

Hi Greg

Was good to meet you too, though briefly :ok: Let me know if there's any local 'mini meets' going on, be good to say howdy to some more people.

see you soon :wave:

It was an excellent day, top man Maz! and Pete and all the guys at Thor! :thumbs:

Super to be able to put names to faces, lovely to meet you guys, great crowd and some gorgeous cars :drool:

Steve Sherwoods car was truly awesome for sure :trophy: Did anyone make a sound recording of it?? :search:

lolx

Linda

!!!

oh forgot to say

Thanks for the company on the ride home linda.

cheers

Jamie

Guest Nicholas

It was nice to meet Greg, class one, G-nemie, rich etc and see the usual suspects :p my car's booked in for some serious changes so watch this space :)

I have loads of pics so will upload when I get a chance this week.

It was nice to meet Greg, class one, G-nemie, rich etc and see the usual suspects :p my car's booked in for some serious changes so watch this space :)

I have loads of pics so will upload when I get a chance this week.

It was quite interesting to see your glowing tubo and manifold dude. You got a very respectable power run too. Lots of potential there...

Guest Nicholas
It was quite interesting to see your glowing tubo and manifold dude. You got a very respectable power run too. Lots of potential there...

Cheers matey, still need a new turbo though :)