The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Performance Show, October 10th

millhouse

Exellent day!

The racing was good, met some more people from here (its good to put faces with names), caught up with those I already knew, the weather held off and my car has managed to turn up in a number of photo's that have been posted at various locations, although not directly, its the Silver car parked next to Phil the fixers metalic Baby Blue supe that seemed to be getting a lot of attention, can't think why? (me?...jealous?...Naaa!)

PS..I'm gonna hide from Phil now because he'll want to hit me when he reads that I called his paint 'Baby Blue'.:D

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good day, apart from the M25 closure which mean't I ended up on a magical mystery tour of Herts, then ended up gatecrashing an RX7 convoy then a Celica one. On the way home I scalped an Integra type R who got above his station... Which was nice

Great day, good turn out, and some tasty track action:thumbs:

Wish I could have spent more time chatting and getting to know a few more people but I had to share my time with some friends who I met there.

Still, nice to put a few faces to names Sue, Gatso, Wayne, Scooter, Paul ?, and any others I may have missed. Also nice to see again Laz, Kate, Matt and again anyone I may have forgotten to mention.

My guess is we were on the grass way out back due to the amount of cars, the pens on the concrete were way to small for our mob:cool:

Chris (TRD3000GT) Webley.....where were you?

really enjoyed yesterday and the convoy down with everyone! Shame we were stuck rite at the back i suppose there was quite alot of us. Karl and i admired the light blue supra and it made him decide that yes that is a simalar colour he wants the lotus. (Should be finished by the end of the week ) So all of you that go to the 200+ club meet at the bubble will see it for the first time with new mods. I had to settle for pedal covers ha ha. Nice to see everyone ray , colin ,Rob ,Chris and his brother. Also nice to meet you Ed,did you have the back spats you were getting off scooter in the end?

Yep nice to see a lot of new faces......

Barney your paint job was superb imo

was a shame about the field, and that more of us did't run (although these sorts of days are a bit busy!)

Did anyone else see the RWYB dates for the new year. I clocked that there is one in Feb sometime thats a saturday night and they are running to 9 ish in the evening?

I think we should get the club along to a regular RWYB so that loads of us can run and compete like in the 'Bunfight' days of old.

Anyone who hasn't 'stripped' their sup, should do it at least once, it is a real buzz.....

What a great day, starting with an awesome convoy :)

Loved the magic round-about! Great idea to keep the pack together.

:thumbs: Manage to get some video going around and around.

Well done everybody who helped organise it.

Nice to finally meet some club members including Sherriff, Scooter, Jusie & Karl (yes :D , I did get the spats thanks to Jake & Scooter ;) ) Green dragon, Manic, Ray and a few others.

:thumbs:

I've got some great video footage, including some in car stuff and a few people's runs up the strip, and the top fuel dragster run from about 15 feet away. Feck that was loud! I'll be editing it up, but I'll post a couple of teasers a bit later.

Originally posted by SimonB

13 is me! PMSL at this one though, Brian trying to cover up the evidence...

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/santapod22.jpg

it made me laugh too. i thought Roy vetted the new owner to make sure they were suitable:p

Great day...

Started off with a good 2 car (Laz & us) then a 6 car convoy, thanx Laz & Simon for your superb leadership in getting us there (and no long wait to get in either).

Think we were really lucky with the weather, cool but DRY !

Looked like a brill turnout for the club with some lovely Supe's, paintjobs etc.

Track action was good, just a pity the Big Boy Supe's were not running (no Dude) ? but well done to those who did have a go.

Nice to meet some old & some new faces, like the car Barny, kile the "liquid" logo's too.

Top fuel, jet car & bike were brilliant, will def go back to watch some "proper" races next year (with ear defenders) :)

Good trip back and a curry in the warm - excellent :)

PS Sorry didn't stay to see your last run Simon - how did you do ???

Had a great day, loved the convoy and the strip. My first time to one of those...gonner av a go next time round. Nice to meet those who I manegaed to meet (sorry didnt know many names / faces, but Im sure Ill get used to them all in time). Met Dude sat on the bonnet of a 4 x 4 wishing he was "out there having fun". Cant wait to see the vid and all the fotos. Alec (my son) thought the day was awesome, especially the jetcar. Wondered why people covered their ears when mine started bleeding :D . Ive never knew a sound could hurt so much.

Looking forward to next one...thanks all

Dale (and son Alec)

Originally posted by leett

it made me laugh too. i thought Roy vetted the new owner to make sure they were suitable:p

:twak:

Thats just mean!!!! It was broken a bit when I picked it up!! I did say to him that I didn't think it would last long and sure enough it hasn't. As soon as i find five minutes i am putting the original one back on until i can afford a bomex nose.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

:twak:

Thats just mean!!!! It was broken a bit when I picked it up!! I did say to him that I didn't think it would last long and sure enough it hasn't. As soon as i find five minutes i am putting the original one back on until i can afford a bomex nose.

to be fair i know how easy it is to catch the bumper. i nearly ripped mine off trying to get on the grass. still Roy should have known better than to sell to someone with a name like DANGEROUS brian:p