The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has been clocked - bought from Paul Evans (formally Miami GT)

Homer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can people say stop worrying etc, first difference was probably about £3000 when he bought it + all the other issues.

Long shot but if you drive down the road I know you say the ODO Meter is still in KM, but say you drive with Sat Nav on is it clocking up in Miles?

Maybe it was converted to Miles but remains stating KM, just a suggestion all be in stupid but thought i'd put the suggestion forward. I'm sure you know that already though it's KM.

Hope you get the answers your looking for.

I thought that too. TBH, this thread has sort of set a precedent for the rest of the members who might now be wondering what is the point of having a that new section. :(

That section was for trader disputes and as Paul is not a trader he wouldn't have been able to access it (something to do with usergroup permissions). Mawby will find a workaround I'm sure.

That section as for trader disputes and as Paul is not a trader he wouldn't have been able to access it (something to do with usergroup permissions). Mawby will find a workaround I'm sure.

Ah - I stand (or in this case sit) corrected.

That section was for trader disputes and as Paul is not a trader he wouldn't have been able to access it (something to do with usergroup permissions). Mawby will find a workaround I'm sure.

That is pretty crap when you consider that most "colourful" disputes are member - member and not trader - member. I'm guessing it's a usergroup permissions thing.

I'm sure the mods have something up their sleeves as an outcome from the meeting to address this short fall though.

That is pretty crap when you consider that most "colourful" disputes are member - member and not trader - member. I'm guessing it's a usergroup permissions thing.

I'm sure the mods have something up their sleeves as an outcome from the meeting to address this short fall though.

As mentioned Mawby is working on it. I agree though, apart from the mkivstore 'issues', most complaints that have needed mediation of late have been between members.

Seriously, what's the big fuss? So the car turned out to have a disputed history - Homer already said it's in great condition, and that's all that counts really. With all the work that's been done to it including a single turbo, mileage is highly unlikely to affect resale values. Let's face it, the way things are going all of these cars are going to be worth squat before long anyway.

That's not the point really.

Homer has every right to be upset.

We as the consumer have the right to know what we are buying in the first place. The fact that the internals are more or less new now is irrelevant to this argument.

Hope you get it sorted Daryl you have a lot to be upset about.

One thing though Miami Gt is now owned by Andy Hannah so change of title is needed as bringing down a company that is no longer owned by Paul Evans aint nice or fair for Andy.

Just a thought! (awaits to be caned)

Agreed, changed to what I believe appropriate for now. :)

Not good reading.

But its the damage issue that worries me, how many of us are driving around in cars that have been taken of the road in one country and then reparied and shiped over here for us :(

When you do the millage check on the BITMA site, will it tell you of any accident history or how can you find that out?

Not good reading.

But its the damage issue that worries me, how many of us are driving around in cars that have been taken of the road in one country and then reparied and shiped over here for us :(

When you do the millage check on the BITMA site, will it tell you of any accident history or how can you find that out?

Only tell from the auction grade!

Maybe it was converted to Miles but remains stating KM, just a suggestion all be in stupid but thought i'd put the suggestion forward. I'm sure you know that already though it's KM.

Mine still shows "KM" next to the numbers on the dash but since imported it now goes up in miles.

I have the BIMTA certificate showing the amount of kms before the converter was added to the car, however the reading was never actually changed to miles.

i.e. i bought it with something like 90,000 km, today it shows 120,000 km but infact i the car has done 90,000 kms and 30,000 miles = aprox 85,800 miles in total.

confusing but it seemed relevant and hope it might help in some way!??

Mine still shows "KM" next to the numbers on the dash but since imported it now goes up in miles.

I have the BIMTA certificate showing the amount of kms before the converter was added to the car, however the reading was never actually changed to miles.

i.e. i bought it with something like 90,000 km, today it shows 120,000 km but infact i the car has done 90,000 kms and 30,000 miles = aprox 85,800 miles in total.

confusing but it seemed relevant and hope it might help in some way!??

Exactly the same as mine !!! ...pig to work out for services ect tho.

80% of imports with VEILSIDE bodykits have been involved in previous accidents! So, so very easy to cover up panel damage with a tacky Veilside kit that doesn't reflect the true Supra lines.

Thank god mine is stock and all the panels line up perfectly and it's HPI clear. :) Although, my mileage is a little worrying, but a new confirmed S/H engine with 37,000km on it shouldn't put off the potential future buyers ;)

I've just spoken with Paul. As he didn't have any records (electronic or hardcopy) of the car details from back then it looks like I'll be unable to find out where the odo changed. It could have happened in Japan, but also could have happened in the UK without Paul's knowledge.

Paul was kind enough to offer compensation

In short there is nothing further I can do about this and I won't be able to find who was responsible. Nevermind though, its not like I'm ever planning on selling the car!

Darryl has always been a gentleman and one of those people for whom I do care, and that this could happen has made me very upset. Notwithstanding the fact that he has not asked for anything except clarification (which I have been happy to give) and as a result of his understanding, I will be making an ‘appropriate’ gesture of goodwill to him…

It’s a great car m8 – hope you enjoy the full potential of the new stuff!