The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has been clocked - bought from Paul Evans (formally Miami GT)

Homer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darryl has always been a gentleman and one of those people for whom I do care, and that this could happen has made me very upset. Notwithstanding the fact that he has not asked for anything except clarification (which I have been happy to give) and as a result of his understanding, I will be making an ‘appropriate’ gesture of goodwill to him…

It’s a great car m8 – hope you enjoy the full potential of the new stuff!

talk about going the extra mile...........:thumbs:

I think I may be one of the luckiest owners of an import, my TT Aerotop came with ALL the Japanese history and Auction Sheet, (admittedly its difficult to understand) and unless its been forged I`d say that the history ties up with the Importers declared mileage (converting from km to miles) perfectly. The steering wheel and foot pedals are the first clue, I saw an Import with an extremely worn Toyota steering wheel with a claimed 65,000 miles on it, the pedals were aftermarket add-ons as the original rubbers were badly worn. I noticed one of the wheels had a really bad dent in the rim and the guy said that it was nothing to worry about, during a test drive I saw the dreaded "Flashing O/D" light which is the classic sign of a bad UK Speedometer conversion or faulty module. If the car looks wrong walk away and find a good one, there are a lot of rubbish about, the fifth car I saw I bought as by then I could spot bad ones. No tacky aftermarket fog light on mine, this had been converted properly, everything worked properly with NO "Flashing O/D" light!

My TT Aerotop with 71,000 miles appears to have an immaculate unworn steering wheel (Its a GZ model with cruise control so maybe the quality is superior in my case ). But the pedals are slightly worn but original.

If someone puts a MOMO wheel on it will hide the mileage, check on here if unsure as there are sharks around !

:search: :p

Long old thread. Glad to see a good outcome. I think paul has been very generous. however on the otherside, i feel VERY sorry for homer as he is extremely pasionte about his car!

Agreed, but Paul has done the real Gentleman thing and has resolved the issue to the best of his ability - A big well done Sir!!

Homer on the other hand has a superb car and I don't think any of us would argue with any price that he asked for his car in the future, as we all know its a new car under that bonnet.

Everything has turned out good in the end IMO:)

We can all rest easy now and go for a cup of tea and a slice of cake;)

..Back in Jan 2004 I bought my car from Miami GT ...Despite the now confirmed mileage issue (56156km when I bought it, now confirmed 111096km by the auction house Paul bought it from)...

It's a shitty thing to do, but unfortunatelly it happens all the time.

In 2004 you were looking at an 11 year old car with 30K odd miles on the clocks. That would make me suspicious enough to demand supporting paperwork, and then verify that the paperwork was bona-fide and also referring to the very car I bought.

I feel for you, but on the plus side used prices have dropped to the point that your resale value is not really affected by this, is it...

Glad it was resolved amicably :grouphug: :friday: