The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you wish you had ?????

markjodrell

I went for an auto NA hoping that the aerotop would make up for it but wet seats + crap summers + struggling to pull away from some 1.9TDI things = manual TT.

If i'm being more honest I went for the NA as I was scared of the tubbies on a 13yr old car dying and it was a great start into Supra ownership.:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best is a UK TT with 6 Speed box. If you prefer the N/A fair enough but take insurance, cost etc out of the equation and give a reason why. I think it would be hard.

Scott =op

Not hard at all. Insurace / cost did not play a part for me - if I wanted a TT I could afford a TT.

I wanted a car that would suit as my economical daily run around all year - including winter. An N/A suited that much more than a TT - I have no desire to be watching out for 2nd turbos cutting in on icy roads.

In fact - if you want to see the reason I bought a N/A - look through the forum for the "Oh dear, I just crashed my car" threads and see how many of them are N/As.

Its hard enough just watching for the 1 turbo in my 2.

PITA in the wet.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=900

Hope this link works. 4.9 for the manual TT, 5.6 for the auto tt.

Haven't found any "official" N/A 60 times.

Are there no post 96 UK Supra's? Parkers doesn't seem to have them listed.

Scott =op

Dude, no official times for the NA in Parkers as it was never released as a model over here - import only. IIRC the NA was around the 6.5 sec mark. Could have sworn the TT auto was 5.1 too....

And the UK Sup was only made til 96. Everything else after that date is an import.

Oh and Jamiep, great analogy - :D :d

What a load of bollock, I have an NA Auto Supra. The important word there is the last one, its a Supra nothing more nothing less. You can bandy about the 0-60 times for a TT against an NA but what does it mean in real life, 200 feet? 300 feet? I have no idea and I dont really give a toss. I bought the NA even though I could afford a TT because I am not technically minded, my eyes glaze over when you start mentioning AFRs, ECUs, Mapping and such like. Don't get me wrong I know enough about car maintenance but I am just not AR about it. I enjoy the power of an NA, it is still a high performance car but as a daily driver it is the best.

There has been several threads recently about car crashes, I bet 99% are TTs, the NA seems to have more manageable power, how often does 2nd turbo coming on line in the wet or on a bend lead to misfortune for the TT owner, you dont have that with an NA.

There also seems to be as someone else pointed out much more that could go wrong with your TT as opposed to the NA and again we all hear stories of cars in the garage getting work done on the engine or being re-mapped or not quite running right or whatever. Dont really get that with the NA!!

At the end of the day its a

SUPRA
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif
and rather than the NA boys wishing they had a TT I think its the other way round in that the TT boys want the reliability of an NA. The TT is faster but by how much? Not a lot. Does it look different to an NA? No.

I shall stick with my Auto NA and no I dont wish I'd bought a TT I I have no longing to. People admire the car, they dont care if its a TT or NA, its the image.

Sometimes I genuinely wish I had gone for an N/A Aerotop instead of an Auto TT, and I mean that. They look the nuts.

As for the auto/manual debate, yes I would like a manual, but for the price this car was damn good. Full BPU with hybrids and I bet I could beat most of you 'granny shifting' manual boys out there.:p

Greg

Is having a big single turbo like having a bird with one massive tit? would be interesting i suppose......

LOL :D But i often feel in my case that my car has two big tits the one under bonnet and the one behind the drivers seat (ME) that spent a small fortune having it converted :D But saying that i love it! Also with singles you can have best of both worlds as when i'm taking it easy its like an N/A (quite, good MPG etc) and when i'm giving it some it turns into a monster :)

I'm another happy N/A auto owner.

I sold my 03 scooby sti and bought my first ever supra, a 95 N/A auto aerotop and I am very, very happy with it.

Like mentioned before, unless you take your supra onto a track then you are not going to get to use all of that power anyway.

I could of easily of bought a TT, I could of bought 2 infact for the price I sold my scooby for but my main concernes were realiabilty, looks, and general running costs.

And, who care's when you buy a supra in as good condition as this:

Meh - the missus has an NA auto, I have a TT 6sp, and before that I had a MKIII T auto. Horses for courses - if I'm wanting a high-speed moterway blast I'll take mine, if I wanted to go for a country lane blast I'd take hers. Down 'the twisties' the NA is a much better vehicle - the TT suffers from 'too-much-power-itis' in that situation, and you can basically have a darn sight more *fun* without going totally bonkers.

I'm another happy N/A auto owner.

I sold my 03 scooby sti and bought my first ever supra, a 95 N/A auto aerotop and I am very, very happy with it.

Like mentioned before, unless you take your supra onto a track then you are not going to get to use all of that power anyway.

I could of easily of bought a TT, I could of bought 2 infact for the price I sold my scooby for but my main concernes were realiabilty, looks, and general running costs.

And, who care's when you buy a supra in as good condition as this:

[qimg]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/desertrat2k7/DSC00228.jpg[/qimg]

Great looking car there mate, just get those side repeaters changed for some clear ones, then it would be perfect :D

Definately did'nt want a manual, most of my cars have been manual & living in town makes it a royal pain in the arse, i've said it before & i'll say it again i would only want a manual again for track days, if i lived in nowheresville, or if i owned a top porker(porsche)

Have NA Aero, could have afforded either, choice was aero or tt, power would be nice to have, but to be honest if want extra power, can BPU, which I have not bothered with.. Power from NA is reasonable, but however much power you have after a few weeks you get used to it and want more.. The auto suits me better, although love manuals, the auto suit M25, M3, Bracknell and M4 driving, much more relaxed in auto when stuck in traffic. Like others mentioned, my daily commute 90 miles a day, so kept car standard for reliability

I'm looking for a completely stock, RHD, 2002, UK Spec, VVTi, 6spd, aerotop, single turbo, with blueprinted race tuned engine, must be genuine TRD built GT3000 widebody in quicksilver........ :tumble:

Can anyone :help:.... oh and my budget is £4K :)

I'm looking for a completely stock, RHD, 2002, UK Spec, VVTi, 6spd, aerotop, single turbo, with blueprinted race tuned engine, must be genuine TRD built GT3000 widebody in quicksilver........ :tumble:

Can anyone :help:.... oh and my budget is £4K :)

You should get a pristine example with a full tank of fuel and 12 road tax for 4k, easy.:D