The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you wish you had ?????

markjodrell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about tiptronic. I bought the auto TT because I couldn't stretch to a manual. But after I took it for a test drive I couldn't believe how good it was. Generally I'm really happy with it, I love driving it especially doing a lot of miles and sitting in a bit of traffic. However, I don't feel as confident in an auto as I would in a manual on b-roads. So is a late spec tiptronic the way forward?

I used to own a TT 3 years ago for about 12 months, then I had a Cerbera....sold it to help for a deposit for my house.....had some money left over and all I could afford was a n/a, I would love to have a TT again but hey at least I'm in a supe

Looking for a TT in 2 years time, hopefully a quicksilver VVTI TT thats in stock condition with no tat added or engine mods

Regarding people defending there own cars....

What do you think of this.

I think that everybody who buys an N/A deep down wishes they had gone for a TT, although publically deny it.

In the same way everyone who gets an auto deep down wished they had saved a bit harder and gone for a manual TT, but still praise the auto and deny wanting a manual.

Where does that leave the guys who brought an auto N/A ??

Just a thought:search:

Nonesense ;) If I were to buy another TT for daily usage it would be an automatic, for sure, I think the Getrag / dual mass flywheel combo is an awful transmission that belongs on a truck. If I was building a car for track days I'd have to suffer the Getrag, or spend loads on a none standard set up.

If truth be known the none turbo MKIV is a much nicer handling car as it's a lot lighter, so I am positive there are a lot of very happy and unenvious none turbo owners out there!

You can't use the supra's power to the max on the roads anyhow Hence why i went for a low mileage n/a....

You may not be able to use it to the max...but you certainly have fun trying,

If truth be known the none turbo MKIV is a much nicer handling car as it's a lot lighter

I was under the impression that the non-turbo was almost the same weight as the twin-turbo....

On the reliability factor though, if the TT drivers weren't constantly modding their sup's then there would be little or no more reliability problems in comparison to the N/A, probably due to the fact that its quite easy to get that extra 90-100hp out of the TT.

The only disadvantage to the TT I would say is the fuel consumption...which quite frankly is a bastard!:D

I Initially bought an auto N/a about five years ago because that was what my budget and insurance would allow within reason. I spent money on it and got used to the auto box. But when I started having meets with friends with TT's I was always envious whether it was an auto TT or TT6. A few months back I was told my mate was gonna sell his 1997 facelift TT6 in Gunmetal and it was his car I had loved since he bought it years back so I jumped at it.

I much prefer the Manual Box and 2 tubbies whistling away is music to my ears :D ;)

Guest GirlRacer!

Well I completely LOVE my NA and don't regret buying it for a second!!

I guess I could just about have stretched to paying for a TT but I figured that, as the Supe was more than 3 times the power of any other car I'd ever had, if I'd got a TT I'd have probably been in the nearest hedge as soon as it rained a bit!!!

Anyway, it's waaaaaaay more than enough power for me - and it still takes my breath away every day!!!!! :D:D:D

It just comes down to what you're used to I guess (and what you can handle!! LOL!) but as long as you love your car to bits that's the most important thing!