Nic

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice.

If it were mine, I'd fit 'nipples' on each runner so I could have vacuum/boost signals checked under operation to see which cylinders get more air. It's hard to gauge this by 'eyeballing', with standing waves under boost and what have you.

Then fuelling can be adjusted accordingly, and the nipples can be used later for water/meth injection or whatever else.

It's a cam follower shaped like a bucket (the large one in the photo). Some engines use hydraulics to take take up adjustment (utilising engine oil pressure) like the one with the pillar in the centre, some need shims either on or under the 'bucket' to maintain the correct 'valve' clearance.

Valve__Lifter_Tappet_Cam_Follower.jpg

Very nice.

If it were mine, I'd fit 'nipples' on each runner so I could have vacuum/boost signals checked under operation to see which cylinders get more air. It's hard to gauge this by 'eyeballing', with standing waves under boost and what have you.

Then fuelling can be adjusted accordingly, and the nipples can be used later for water/meth injection or whatever else.

Nipple obsession:p good idea though, especially with that one off manifold/plenum.

We've actually flowed the intake and found that it flows nearly 30% more than stock, and all runners within an acceptable percentage of one another. There weren't any sign of turbulence I'm happy to say. We also have a single plenum design coming out soon.

Past a certain point, the buckets are one of the weaker points in these motors. It's a shim under bucket design, but the tops are rather thin. With an overly aggressive cam profile, there's a fair chance of gounging the tops out. That's when we have to step up to chromoly buckets. They're pricey, but cheap insurance when you think about it.

Eric

We're making it so the DP can bolt straight up to 99% of all Supra "off the shelf" exhausts, and I'm very curious how the 4.7L will sound through a single 95mm exhaust. I'm planning of taking loads ore pics and also taking video of the car once it's running under it's own steam. Should be pretty devastating at the least, and at the most start a MKIV Supra revolution. :)

Eric

• 1 month later...

Just an update for this project. The motor is together and looking amazing. We test fitted the turbo manifolds today and they are perfect. They allow us to keep the AC and PS also so that's a bonus. I've decided to use the Sp400 stage 2 in tis particular build and another gent we're building the 5.4L stroker for is using the V160 6 speed. Go big or go home. :)

Lovin' your work Eric.

If I could I'd go this way too...

It's lot of work that went into this motor. The 5.4L stroker we're building is receiving even more attention. :)

This 4.7L Supra swap will include two 56mm [s256] Schweitzer turbos, .70 a/r, and a full plug n' play Link Plus EMS. We're actually making the replacement harness that hooks to the motor, to the body, and to the MKIV Supra.

Eric