The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2uz 4.7L TT Install

Nic

i feel for Eric here, he built a legend that a lot of people enjoyed sniping at who neither had the ability, vision or talent to build anything remotely as good, he has sold the car as seen and if he has disclosed everything to the seller then whats the problem, yes there are some ropey bits but to post everything up like SP are doing, to me is rather distastefull, karma may come round and bite them in the ass one day

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strong suit? lol

That is downright DANGEROUS. I'm surprised the car has not caught on fire.

oh i see you've crossed the pond to continue sniping, may i politely suggest if thats all your here for and you have nothing constructive to add please dont bother posting

I'm not on a crusade, but I believe information is important to our counterparts overseas.

Ban me if you will, but I have contributed to the Supra community, as a whole, for quite some time.

I'm not on a crusade, but I believe information is important to our counterparts overseas.

Ban me if you will, but I have contributed to the Supra community, as a whole, for quite some time.

Chnco, you have been a contributor to the community for quite a long time. We both have. What I hope you understand is that I built that car (assembled I should say because much of the work was done by others) for me at the time and to the best of my abilities. The car worked for me for two years and I loved/hated it at the same time. When I sold the car, the new owner and I had the discussion about hwat he wanted to improve or change and he was very good with that. Really, that's where it should end. I don't build customers cars, I never have. I hope that's accepted. For whatever reason, the community took this car very personally and for whatever that reason may be I am sorry if I disappointed anyone. I'm a single man. But if it's worth anything, I will come back strong and prove myself worthy in the community. I want to make the comeback through dedication and humility.

This does not bode well for cowboy. From Titan Motorsports on the US forums:

I can 150% confirm the condition of the car as far as wiring, upholstery, under carriage etc is the same in SPs pictures as it was when the car was tuned at titan a long time ago (before the titan openhouse), however back then the car had no knock and it was driven to and from the shop. This doesnt mean eric did wrong in the sense that I don't know what transpired between him and new owner or what they agreed to.

However like the pictures that sean posted show the car looked good from 50ft away but upon close inspection it was what you can see in all the pictures, and the car NEVER looked different, i just like to call some shots of it "myspace angles" a wiring nightmare, radiator underneath held by stips of aluminum screwed directly to the car, aquarium tubin running under the car 1" from the ground, carpet duct taped together by the ecu area, exposed fuses, wire look, cables, relays etc from the big openings in the front bumper, transmission cooler mounted 2" away from the mufflers, a billion wires and loom forming a rat's next in the intake manifold opening, upholstery that was wayyy subpar to what highend upholstery should look like, in areas been held by exposed screws and bubbling in many other areas, etc. ANYONE that saw this car EVER and didn't notice this things simply has no attention to detail because the car was never any different period.

Again, I built the car the best way I knew how. I built the car for me, not for you , or anyone a Titan Motorsports. Whether you or Titanmotorsports liked the car or what's in the car means as much to me as whether you or Titanmotorsports likes termites as neither of you is the buyer. The only person that I am concerned with would be the new owner and that he is satisfied. The phone call I received from the new owner a couple days after the car arrived wsa good, and he said that he was happy with the car. For what it's worth, I put up 24 pictures, 2 videos, gave a good parts list of what's in the car, and made myself available after the sale. That's a damn sight more than you'll get with most used car sales.

I think, and I'm not all that sure, that the mass Supra community is upset because my wiring wasn't as clean as they would like it to be. I've got no defense for that, other than the new owner and myself are on the same page when it comes to the wiring. I think also, that many people take other peoples car builds personally and somehow pretend that the build should be done to their specs, as bizarre as that sounds.

Edited by cowboy bebop
wireless keyboard (see edit history)

I do feel sorry for you Cowboy.

The problem is, as is with the vast majority of the builds that get documented, that no-one is going to post up a picture of the bits that look rubbish.

When you documented your build you, rightly so, didn't post loads of pics saying 'look at my wiring, isn't it brilliant!'. You post the bits that you're most proud of, and I think we can all agree the build photo's that you did post made the car look superb.

Now roll on sale time, and even though the new owner is pleased, the photo's of the bits that are not so hot come to light. The community see them and because all they've seen is the 'good stuff' they're now looking at the bad, and they feel in some way that they've been misled.

The question is, does it really matter what I or any one else in the community actually thinks? I would say not at all, but I can appreciate from a personal point of view that it's not quite as simple as that when someone is commenting on your work.

I have the same issue with my Blitz Twin install. I've busted a gut and spent literally tens of thousands of pounds over the last 4 years getting it all to work well, and I'm still having issues, and I'm sure it'll cost many hundreds, if not thousands of pounds to rectify all of them. Whenever I'm working on the car, it's always going through my mind, "what would the next owner think about this?"

However, I'm sure if I were to sell it in it's current condition the new owner would end up taking it to a professional car builder who would have my pants down about some detail or other. Like you, my defense would be that I built the car to the best of my abilities.

The internet is a double edged sword I'm afraid. As easy as it is to post photo's that "polish a turd" and win everyones praise, it's equally easy to be ridiculed for the 'turd photo's" if they ever come to light.

Edited by TLicense (see edit history)

I do feel sorry for you Cowboy.

The problem is, as is with the vast majority of the builds that get documented, that no-one is going to post up a picture of the bits that look rubbish.

When you documented your build you, rightly so, didn't post loads of pics saying 'look at my wiring, isn't it brilliant!'. You post the bits that you're most proud of, and I think we can all agree the build photo's that you did post made the car look superb.

Now roll on sale time, and even though the new owner is pleased, the photo's of the bits that are not so hot come to light. The community see them and because all they've seen is the 'good stuff' they're now looking at the bad, and they feel in some way that they've been misled.

The question is, does it really matter what I or any one else in the community actually thinks? I would say not at all, but I can appreciate from a personal point of view that it's not quite as simple as that when someone is commenting on your work.

I have the same issue with my Blitz Twin install. I've busted a gut and spent literally tens of thousands of pounds over the last 4 years getting it all to work well, and I'm still having issues, and I'm sure it'll cost many hundreds, if not thousands of pounds to rectify all of them. Whenever I'm working on the car, it's always going through my mind, "what would the next owner think about this?"

However, I'm sure if I were to sell it in it's current condition the new owner would end up taking it to a professional car builder who would have my pants down about some detail or other. Like you, my defense would be that I built the car to the best of my abilities.

The internet is a double edged sword I'm afraid. As easy as it is to post photo's that "polish a turd" and win everyones praise, it's equally easy to be ridiculed for the 'turd photo's" if they ever come to light.

I can understand where you're coming from, really. If the public feels they've been misled, then I apologize for them feeling that way. But I believe that I showed a great amount of my build, for better or worse. The motor I was built tread on some uncharted ground and there's a lot that I learned along the way. It worked well, I thought. But I do understand what you're saying, I absolutely agree that it's a double edged sword. Everyone's got parts of their car they wish were better or different, just no one ever talks about it. I say it is what it is.

Edited by cowboy bebop (see edit history)

Oh no, more talk of Eric's build. I hate reading stuff like this as I can't help but get worried. Wiring isn't my forte either Eric, but really some of those pics show stuff that is dangerous. I had a pro do my wiring so I'm not really bothered about that, and as you say you built the car for you, to your specs.

What does bother me is the engine you built/had built for me. I'm sorry to say this publicly, but can you confirm or deny that my engine was built to the same spec as yours, i.e. pistons proud of the block? I'm very concerned about this, as I've never heard of any engine ever being built in this way. I'll most likely get it checked out anyway, but it would be nice to hear your take on it.

Many thanks, Ed

What does bother me is the engine you built/had built for me. I'm sorry to say this publicly, but can you confirm or deny that my engine was built to the same spec as yours, i.e. pistons proud of the block? I'm very concerned about this, as I've never heard of any engine ever being built in this way.

I wouldn't let it worry you Ed. Pop-up pistons (pistons that are proud of the deck) are a reasonably common thing. It's usually done to increase the compression ratio.

I'm good thanks, you?

Yeah I did start it already, only a handful of times and not for long. Had some issues as you know, so just wanted to make sure all was well for my own peace of mind.

Thanks.

No problem at all Ed, I've got a comprehensive photo log of your build here, from bare block to on the pallet and ready to ship. Shoot me a PM if you have a chance.

Thanks!

Eric

No problem at all Ed, I've got a comprehensive photo log of your build here, from bare block to on the pallet and ready to ship. Shoot me a PM if you have a chance.

Thanks!

Eric

I'm pretty sure I have most of those pics too, very comprehensive, so thanks for that.

I'm with the non-pack mentality. It looks a bit shit, some of it dangerous, but if it was fully disclosed then I see no issues really. If they were happy to have the car like that, with their own goal in mind, then there isn't really an issue.

I'm confused though, is a Link ECU really that rare in the US that a well known tuning company wouldn't have heard of it?

It's actually very rare in the USA. Given it's capabilites, though, I saw no reason to discount it. Plus anytime we were in need of tech support, help was just a phone call away. You are indeed correct in that whatever situations there were with the car, the new buyer and I were on the same page.

Guest elitecustombody

I know I'm a week late, but I'll put in my .02 cents,since I played a major role in the build of this car(1000 hours) and how I was treated by Eric after my part was done and what I got in return for doing all the work and supplying a donor car,but I won't talk about that.

Eric,I know you'll never feel the undeserved pain you had caused me, but even deserved pain doesn't feel good, does it?

You built this car to represent your company,TTC Performance in hopes to help selling the allmighty V8TT 2UZ swaps .From many conversations we had,I understood you wanted to take this car to SEMA,TX meets and other national shows to promote your company and sell the V8 swaps.

What I could never understand is why did you cut so many corners building this thing,I mean you were building it to represent yourself,your company and your product,which is installed in this car.I don't need to ask you how well was execution of fuse box relocation performed,what kind of custom bracketry was engineered to hold it in place along with the wiring mess covered by globs of electrical tape,the custom dents in cold side piping to clear radiator ,the wiring mess in kick panel and under dash areas,or what kind of hardware was used to bolt in the tailights or how the "custom LED " bulbs were secured in the tailights,there is alot more,but I'll stop there,because you know very well how it was done,because you did it.I mean, what were you thinking? That nobody will ever notice that in hopes from the glare from poorly chrome parts? I was disgusted when I saw all that,especially knowing that I invested nearly 2 years of my life to make sure that car had the flawless bodywork and paint and you simply ruined it.You couldn't take it to any shows knowing you'd get laughed at if someone looked close enough. Please tell me, and be honest, don't you think I went well above and beyond with paint and body? That is the difference between laziness and dedication,I wanted to make sure the quality was top notch, and this is how I get my business. I don't cut corners.I don't advertise or even have a website and yet I'm always packed with work

It's funny that you finally admitting that you're just a parts pusher,it didn't sit well with you when Dave (scnat) called you just that and you got all riled up calling him curry cock or something like that.

I'm just glad this car is right hands ,who will clean up the mess and do this car justice it deserves. It just sucks I'll never get 2 years of my life back

Stefan

Edited by elitecustombody (see edit history)