The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2uz 4.7L TT Install

Nic

So when you running a group buy on the kit :D

HA! Well.. I am building two 5.4L stroker 2uz's now for guys in the states for pretty close to my cost. That's about as close to group buy as we're going to get for some time. The market is just too small right now to even justify an attempt at a group buy, and also [most importantly] I'd like to tackle any hurdles before I officially announce a complete kit. Unfortunately though, after we have some data and I announce a complete kit up for sale, I'm going to have to raise the price to cover the developement costs involved.

Thanks man,

Eric

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well look'see what just came in today. After 5 months of research, phone calls, waiting, and building, the ECU builders really came through. Here are the brains of the operation. The ECU is a Link G3 Plus. It features 8 sequential injector drivers and (most importantly to me) 8 sequential ignition drivers. No waste spark here. The harness is a Plug n' Play that was specailly built just for us here at TTC Performance for use on our V8TT swaps. It plugs directly into the MKIV Supra, yet features the engine wiring from the 4.7L 2uz-fe. This makes life a lot easier. Welcome to the future of the MKIV Supra :)

Very impressive. V8 turbo power is totally the way forward. In my opinion you can't beat it for sound and looks. That ECU is the icing on an extremely tempting cake. Well done doesn't come close. :cool:

Exactly what I'm thinking also. The V8TT is the wave of the future in the MKIV Supra. I firmly believe this. Lag will be a thing of the past, and more importantly high HP production with minimal if any lag. Giant ridiculous turbos with tons of lag will be a thing of the past. I used to own a GT47 88mm, and it was boring. It started spooling at 6200rpm in second gear, and had only 2500rpm maximum powerband. The 4.7LTT will cure that nonsense. :)

Top Secret, PM sent.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

I admire your attitude with this project. It will be interesting to find out the total hours spent on the engine and running gear from 2JZ to 2UZ.

I imagine you will have sponsors queuing up once you've got the car running successfully :)