The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shit happen´s.. Had it for 4 day´s

Reesen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's a great defence that one eh. Just lucky he didn't hit a car full of kids. Ignorance is never an excuse. If he'd been a UK member he'd be flamed and banished to the flames of hell, but because he's an overseas member it's not so bad? :wtfsign:

If I was buying a car from abroad, I would be wanting to find out about export/import procedures how much tax and insurance, and they'd be at the top of the list. You can't just go to another country, buy a car and ASSUME you're insured.

Bet hey it's ok, his daddy in law will sort it so no worries.

(These opinions are mine and mine only not those of .net to clarify)

I totally agree. I'm not condoning it at all I'm just trying to explain to others how things differ between countries and his comment on it being on UK plates. Personally I would have done the same as you and checked first. I wouldn't ever drive a car that I didn't know I was 100% insured on for that very reason of being involved in an accident and god forbid kiling someone (my fault or not) I just couldn't live with myself.

Hmmm..... I wonder how many people are thinking the same as me? If he couldn't resist driving without insurance then maybe he couldn't resist going a bit quicker than 70. It looks a bit wet in the pics, doesn't it?

No insurance, maybe no BMW either.

Whatever the reality if you drive without insurance I have no sympathy for you.

Yeah that's a great defence that one eh. Just lucky he didn't hit a car full of kids. Ignorance is never an excuse. If he'd been a UK member he'd be flamed and banished to the flames of hell, but because he's an overseas member it's not so bad?

If I was buying a car from abroad, I would be wanting to find out about export/import procedures how much tax and insurance, and they'd be at the top of the list. You can't just go to another country, buy a car and ASSUME you're insured.

Bet hey it's ok, his daddy in law will sort it so no worries.

He will take a look at the car, and found out what can be saved! Mutch easyér to do it in his garage, then mine! And when I say the car will run again, IT WILL..

But your right in what you said! Didn´t make my homework good anough! But think you made som mistakes in your live to, that you surrly regreat! Or your flawless?

Im glad NO one got hurt, and im glad Iv got the most brusses! Surrely would´t live whit another live on my contisness! Insurace or not. I leaned it tha hard way, and learned my lesson! Trust me on that one..

Just posting this out so others can learn from my mistakes, and hopefully get them to think it over ones more!

RedM

AKA Martin.

Club Member

Trader Rating: 0 (0%) Hmmm..... I wonder how many people are thinking the same as me? If he couldn't resist driving without insurance then maybe he couldn't resist going a bit quicker than 70. It looks a bit wet in the pics, doesn't it?

No insurance, maybe no BMW either.

Whatever the reality if you drive without insurance I have no sympathy for you.

95 JDM Auto TT in RED- RLTC, Greddy Ti exhaust, CW smic, UK brakes.

http://www.MKivStore.com - Quality parts, Quality Service - Lowest prices

I use MKivStore for all my supra parts

I don´t know. Blaked out!! Just telling what that bloke told me!

But don´t acuse me of lieing! That´s kindergarden stuff..

Don´t you think that im ashamed of what has happend? Just don´t want anyone to do the same mistakes that I did. And if you look around this is one the the first places you turn to if you wanna go get a car from England!

Having no insurance...irresponsible

Crashing your Supra....heartbreaking

Surviving the crash and not hurting anyone else....priceless

Summed it up nicely in three lines.

At the end of the day, a car essential is meant to do two things. 1 - Transport you from A to B, 2 - Protect you in the event of an accident. It has done that at a price. Live and learn.

Rather gutting to see the car bashed up, do you really reckon it is repairable? Seems an awfully large amount of damage.

Pete

Space Cadet

Club Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%)

Ouch! That's a real shame. Glad no one is hurt though.

I know it terribly mercenary of me - but I'd be very interested in the wheels.

(Mind you, the back one looks buckled there...maybe a replacement could be found?)

'97 VVTi Royal Sapphire Pearl Tiptronic BPU

http://www.pbarfield.com / http://www.midlandcomputers.com

Chris Wilson - The only guy I use to service and tune my Supras!

West Mids & Shropshire

01948-841581 07971-952084 [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Pete : Today at 12:23.

That one is the only one that had some damege. But luckyly at look´s like it´s only the "outer rim" (can be replaced) that has taken a hit!

But don´t know if they are for sale yet!

I´ll propperly need a new chassie, and then take it from there. Got the time (and hopefully the money.. depent´s on what the police say´s).

I´ll propperly need a new chassie, and then take it from there. Got the time (and hopefully the money.. depent´s on what the police say´s).

Buy a cheap NA and do a transplant? It might work out cheaper than trying to fix it, plus you will have some bits to sell from the NA. Was your car auto or manual?

Don´t you think that im ashamed of what has happend? Just don´t want anyone to do the same mistakes that I did.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just saying what I think. I'm intrigued by a few things. You don't seem to be in any hurry to inform the police of the BMW driver. Regardless of your lack of insurance, you were either hit accidentally or deliberately and you or others could have been killed. Now, I'm not up on Swedish law but I'm guessing that you cannot cause an accident and just drive away. So, even without insurance I'd be looking at getting that driver tracked down.

Secondly, I don't know if it's because English isn't your first language but your words seem to imply that you feel the whole thing was your fault.

Im glad NO one got hurt, and im glad Iv got the most brusses! Surrely would´t live whit another live on my contisness! Insurace or not. I leaned it tha hard way, and learned my lesson! Trust me on that one..

I'm not saying that it is but that's how I read it. To be blunt, you don't seem too concerned about being hit by another car but rather more concerned for not having insurance.

Like most of these stories, we only have your word on it and if you are absolutely telling the truth then get the police involved or the BMW driver might actually kill someone and you'll know forever that you could have prevented him from doing so.

RedM

AKA Martin.

Club Member

Trader Rating: 0 (0%) Quote:

Originally Posted by Reesen

Don´t you think that im ashamed of what has happend? Just don´t want anyone to do the same mistakes that I did.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just saying what I think. I'm intrigued by a few things. You don't seem to be in any hurry to inform the police of the BMW driver. Regardless of your lack of insurance, you were either hit accidentally or deliberately and you or others could have been killed. Now, I'm not up on Swedish law but I'm guessing that you cannot cause an accident and just drive away. So, even without insurance I'd be looking at getting that driver tracked down.

Secondly, I don't know if it's because English isn't your first language but your words seem to imply that you feel the whole thing was your fault.

Quote:

I'm not saying that it is but that's how I read it. To be blunt, you don't seem too concerned about being hit by another car but rather more concerned for not having insurance.

Like most of these stories, we only have your word on it and if you are absolutely telling the truth then get the police involved or the BMW driver might actually kill someone and you'll know forever that you could have prevented him from doing so.

95 JDM Auto TT in RED- RLTC, Greddy Ti exhaust, CW smic, UK brakes.

http://www.MKivStore.com - Quality parts, Quality Service - Lowest prices

The police already know! They qestient me at the hospital the wery same day it happend. But I couldent tell them mucht! and they still needed to go queston a couple of witnesses after me.

Been trying for the last five day´s to get in contakt with the police officer who has the case. But he hasen´t returned my call´s yet /he´ll propperly wors the night shift)! And the ones I got in hold on wouldent or couldent tell me anything!

Yes.. right now im concerned about the insurance, and hope for the police to find that BMW (if it exist´s.. can´t tell). I surrvived a nasty chrash, and im happy that no one got seriusly hurt!

Christian, I was really sorry to hear about this but very glad that neither you nor anyone else was hurt. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Guys, whilst we all agree that what Christian did was reprehensible, I can assure you that he is totally ashamed by his actions and could not beat himself up any more. The continuing castigation of his actions is not going to change things and to suggest he is lying or not that concerned is silly IMHO.

Am I right in reading you were not insured?

Hope you make a full recovery healthwise and get some sense....pretty stupid thing to drive on public roads without insurance - no sympathy for your financial loss at all. :no:

Why are you so eager to get updates from the police? not as if you were insured and are needing a police report for the insurance claim or anything......?