Japshow pics... saturday and sunday

JamieP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I think I only managed a 1.8 60ft on that run... Managed a 1.6 later in the day before nearly killing myself at the top of the track. The car in its new form is an absolute animal, I just need a bit more pratise at finding the best way to put the power down on the track. Not bad for a nice little road legal, full fat street car.:)

Kevin

Kev your 10.1 was great :D

I watched it from the stand, the slow looking start and 1 - 2 gear shift were what kept you out of the 9s I think... as once you got moving it really shifted. The commentator said you were laying rubber all down the track too :lol:

Based on that run, you've deffo got a 9 in that car if you hook up smoothly. :thumbs:

Deffo :)

Haha, 1.8 60ft is still good, I think it was the sound of waiting to hear the turbo fully spool which made it seem slower.. I dunno :D

Funniest thing for me today was seeing the CDR Supra with its new rear end, when they launched it the damn thing hopped on the spot up in the air!

was that Robbies white UK with the screamer pipe going nuts?

We had a fantastic day,and was great to see everyone

Made a 1 hr 10 min DVD of the day,

The convoy came out fantastic,

Bit of an early start mind for a Sunday, the missus was wining the whole way up to Toddington about having to get up so early on a Sunday , but once at Toddington that all changed there she soon go into the day,

she thoroughly enjoyed squeezing every last BHP out my Supe on the way up to the Pod ,while i was in the passenger seat:( filming all you guys:eyebrows:

God that girl defo needs to book a Track day... soon ;)

No wonder her RX8 is so poor on fuel:innocent:

Lui

have copy of the day on DVD for you ,will let youhave it when next see you

Well I had an interesting weekend, only got home an hour ago ! As has been said, traffic on the M1 was horrendous.

Anyhoo, was good to meet a few from the forum, and really enjoyed myself :)

I did manage a few runs, but I only picked the car up from turbofit saturday morning after it had all the new bits put on including AEM. The car was only really mapped to 0.9bar unfortunately, but I had a few runs anyway, the datalogs were useful, plus it was my first go at drag racing and there was plenty to get used to with the launch control etc.

Only managed a 14.0 with 117mph terminal, street tyres and pressures, 0.9bar and running a bit rich. But there is PLENTY to come from this car, it's gonna fly. Full boost is arriving by just 3300 ! This I am really pleased with.

Anyway, good weekend was had :) I have pics but I will have to post tomorrow as I'm knackered !!!

Cheers all :)

T'was a good day Yesterday. Loads of great cars and as always nice to be able to put faces to names at last.

I was hoping to get a proper time and had decided at long last to fit my high stall and BL box.... The result being the car launched OK then lost all power up the srtip:rolleyes: It would not go over 110 mph:search:Not too good for a 500 whp car and a 60fts of 1.7/8. I even thrashed it to 10,000 rpms in first and 9 in second but that diddn't help.:D Did six runs anyway and enjoyed each one. All in all an excellent day . The journey home though:blink::thumbdown:

Anyone up for a rwyb on th 15th?

T'was a good day Yesterday. Loads of great cars and as always nice to be able to put faces to names at last.

I was hoping to get a proper time and had decided at long last to fit my high stall and BL box.... The result being the car launched OK then lost all power up the srtip:rolleyes: It would not go over 110 mph:search:Not too good for a 500 whp car and a 60fts of 1.7/8. I even thrashed it to 10,000 rpms in first and 9 in second but that diddn't help.:D Did six runs anyway and enjoyed each one. All in all an excellent day . The journey home though:blink::thumbdown:

Anyone up for a rwyb on th 15th?

me and lee are thinking about it, but would be worth going saturday and sunday camping, as never got to run :( will post up to see if we get any interest

Had an awesome day yesterday many thanks to the guys who showed us a quick exit out of the place :)!! However still took over 6 hours to get home and I can tell you now that the R*SR isnt the best thing to have on a long trip. Also nice to finaly meet GazzaGSI your engine does look sweet hope mine will be sorted for next time so I can give the strip ago.

I had a brilliant day and was really nice to meet up with some of you lot again, especially Stevieboy, Tom, Mikeyb10, Lui and Homer.

It was good to see the Supras out in force and to see some great times on the strip too.

Only negative points were waiting till 4pm to get the wrist band, which meant i only had time for 2 runs and that poxy queue to get out !!!

I was well chuffed i finally broke the 12 sec barrier on both my goes.

12.892 @ 112.54

12.914 @ 113.08

The wind must have been blowing in the right direction for a change ;) :p

If anyone has a video clip of my runs I’d love to see them.

Thanks

Nice to meet lots of you again!

Heres a timeslip of Kev's run - sorry its really hard to see, printed on Pink paper with hardly any ink!

http://www.envyperformance.com/images/new_stuff/JapShowSlip.jpg

We'll get that 9s run soon I can feel it ;)

Big big thanks to Turbofit for the use of their garage and equipment, even pinching bits off thier own cars in order for us to run on Sunday.

Gaz.

some great pics there.

Think I was the third to turn up at the stnad, before the massed ranks came and got chatting to Ian and ???, gven we were both new to the dragging we toddled off and signed up for our 3 runs and then decided as it was queit to go for it ...

first run was at about 10am and I complelty buggered it up and in fact was slowing down as i passed the fniish line !!

second run was much more fun other than the 2 hours queuing ... they openeded up the third lane, boxed me in and I coulndt open my doors ! had to get out dukes of hazard stylee

I posted 14.7 at 105mph ... not good compared to you lot but still enjoyed it !

gave up with the 3rd run though just couldn;t face the queueing and wanted to watch some of the event !

Ian .. ive lost that bit of paper mate !

Nice to meet lots of you again!

We'll get that 9s run soon I can feel it ;)

Big big thanks to Turbofit for the use of their garage and equipment, even pinching bits off thier own cars in order for us to run on Sunday.

Gaz.

Good luck with it! Look forward to seeing it :)

I've had acouple of bits off Sams motor in the passed too, sound bunch down there :thumbs:

Had an awesome day yesterday many thanks to the guys who showed us a quick exit out of the place :)!!

Were you the guy reading the book in your car when I told you to follow our two black Supra's down the fire up lane? :D

Anyway, had a great weekend and got to meet up with the usual deviants :eyebrows: Pig you really shouldn't be in the bar that early on a Sunday :innocent:

Big thanks Lui for sorting out the club stand passes, although we had a right game Saturday trying to make the stand look busy with just two Supra's! :D

Passed you on the way in when you were leaving Sunday morning Jamie, F40 looked good, but you could have given us a wave :p

Pics to follow.