Japshow pics... saturday and sunday

JamieP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a great weekend! Thx to voo and Dan for the convoy down there this morning!

I did 3 runs today and 7 yesteday. I managed to get a new personal best of 13.010 @ 119.2mph. Bit disapointing to not get in to the 12's like i'd hoped but I think its possible if I get a decent launch.

I dont know weather it was just me, but did any other owners struggle for traction?

Nice to meet afew folk today and have a natter, putting more faces to names etc.

Also had a great run home up the M1, had a play with a white evo 9 with orange wheels, was parked near the grand stand area at the show. Dont think ive pushed my car before as hard as I did, it was great :D Gave each other the thumbs up as he turned off. Then had a play with another Supra owner which was great fun too!!

Just a thought... do na's have LSD?

I dont know weather it was just me, but did any other owners struggle for traction?

Big time. I think the issue was mid track cos i was hooking up nicely in second, then as soon as i changed into third it slipped and hopped like a biatch! Was gonna come say hello Gaz but you disapeared into the timing slip office and i had to quickly anhialate a 350Z. :D

Had a great weekend! Thx to voo and Dan for the convoy down there this morning!

Yeah thanks for meeting us Gaz, was a nice steady drive down.

Overall it was a good event, massively busy as expected, great turnout from the club too.

Can't believe how peoples times have improved from this time last year, it seems 9 second runs are a regular thing nowadays :blink:

What a great day out :) Always good to put a few more faces to names.

Congrats to all those that ran today, seems like most people were putting down good times: Jezzy, Gazza and Suprasteve especially.

Very impressed with Steve Whittakers car, incredible what he's acheived on such a basic turbo kit (it was even cheaper than mine!). Top bloke too, one of the nicest Supra owners I've met (no offence guys)!

It was a shame Greg had problems on the day, but some of the other pro Supra's did well. Anyone know what time Envy got?

Oh, and many thanks to Lui for sorting out the tickets and stand - top job as always :)

Forgot to add - took over an hour to get out the car park then over 2 hours to get home... traffic was terrible. Also think my engine did a 'Jake'.. its still running, but not well :(

Silversoop - hope you got home okay? You disapeared on the m25 somewhere!

LOL, your not kidding was pushing hard for a 9' second pass, but its not easy fighting with the car while changing gear with the other hand. Was'nt like Pod of old, I just could not get grip, particularly at the top of the track, which can get a little Lairy.

Acheived a 10.1 which was a new personal best and left the track with the car in one piece! So the nine can wait till next year.

Thanks

Kevin

I forgot this one of Kevs car...

You got it pretty sideways a couple of times today mate :)

What a fantastice day! Thanks to Lui for sorting the passes out - Top man!

My first ever run on the strip today. Had traction issues, ie spinning in 3rd??! All 4 runs were consistent around 13.2 -13.3.

Bloody hell Jez, that's awesome time, especially as you were running

Well done!

Ro

LOL, your not kidding was pushing hard for a 9' second pass, but its not easy fighting with the car while changing gear with the other hand. Was'nt like Pod of old, I just could not get grip, particularly at the top of the track, which can get a little Lairy.

Acheived a 10.1 which was a new personal best and left the track with the car in one piece! So the nine can wait till next year.

Thanks

Kevin

well done mate some nice driving;)

Thanks

Kevin

Kev, i believe you have rather large testicles! If i got out of shape like that, i'd poo myself and roll the rest of the way! :D :blink: Some great times though mate. ;)

Kev your 10.1 was great :D

I watched it from the stand, the slow looking start and 1 - 2 gear shift were what kept you out of the 9s I think... as once you got moving it really shifted. The commentator said you were laying rubber all down the track too :lol:

Based on that run, you've deffo got a 9 in that car if you hook up smoothly. :thumbs:

Funny you should say that it scared the sh*t out of me....literally.

Its fare to say I was a regular in the Pod toilet today.

[OOPS][/OOPS]
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

Kevin

Kev, i believe you have rather large testicles! If i got out of shape like that, i'd poo myself and roll the rest of the way! :D :blink: Some great times though mate. ;)