Build up of a Big Single Auto , step by step

dude

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno, its all down to opinion I guess. It was either a BL or PHR kit when it came decision time for me. I ended up taking Dusty's (MVP) advice. He said they are both great kits but recommended the PHR. Its a bit more expensive, but he said the build quality is superior. *shrug*

Cant wait to see the BL kit in person though. I am sure it will be worth it. :thumbs:

Oh, and sorry for the :hijack:

Originally posted by Supraguy

Dunno, its all down to opinion I guess. It was either a BL or PHR kit when it came decision time for me. I ended up taking Dusty's (MVP) advice. He said they are both great kits but recommended the PHR. Its a bit more expensive, but he said the build quality is superior. *shrug*

Cant wait to see the BL kit in person though. I am sure it will be worth it. :thumbs:

Oh, and sorry for the :hijack:

Trust me J the header is coated not polished and i defo didnt want a mild steel flange and my 4" DP is a work of art !!!!

Dude:flame Dev

When is yours gonna be done Dude? I'd definitely like a ride to test out that hi-stall. Is your BL tranny in yet? Im excited to see how it shifts compared to the stock box.

My turbo is complete pending Dyno tuning. So, I should have a couple weeks on the stock box before my BL arrives. It will be nice to get some baseline Tranny temps before the stall goes in.

Originally posted by Terry S

Chis if you speak to Jeff he can get a fitting that will come off the fuel filter for the pressure gauge

Trouble is I need it for the stock fuel system as I've gotta get it running right before any upgrade happens :( I also still have no clue what to ask for, I'm sure there are many adaptors and many pipe fitting types, and I don't know what I've got...

If I took a photo of the parts would that help anyone?

-Ian

The reason why Dusty pushes PHR is because he is part of PHR. LOL. They're in the same building as well :p

Not to be partial or anything... but we have a SUPERIOR header compared to the HKS manifod and we actually will warranty our products. We haven't had to though, but we are definately here to help the customer. Our header is constructed of 14 gauge 321SS with 1/2" Thick 321SS Flanges.

I'm not saying your PHR is not a nice kit... It's just that we entered the market to help advance Supra turbo kits in the correct direction while others are trying to beat us down with only their marketing and not by improving their kit; either pricewise or quality wise.

Our mandrel bent Aluminum Piping has an anti heat anodizing. You can weld on one end for minutes and hold the other end with no problems =) Tested with my own hands :cool:

You can choose either the 2000F Black coating or the Polished silver coating. We actually get our stuff coated at the same place, Performance Coatings, as PHR. The coating place is also located in Texas.

Supraguy: Are you Jason? Your transmission just got finished today. It is being shipped out tomorrow. You will probably see it within a week. :) Why do you say our manifold will look like crap??? I don't understand your statement. What is your reasoning behind this.

Originally posted by Kean

The reason why Dusty pushes PHR is because he is part of PHR. LOL. They're in the same building as well :p

Supraguy: Are you Jason? Your transmission just got finished today. It is being shipped out tomorrow. You will probably see it within a week. :) Why do you say our manifold will look like crap??? I don't understand your statement. What is your reasoning behind this.

Did NOT know Dusty was part of PHR! LOL. The whole reason I wanted his advice was the fact that I thought he would be an impartial opinion because I was buying the kit directly through Jarrett. Like I said, I know they are both great kits and it came down to one or the other. Dusty's advice was what made me go with PHR. (go figure)

As for the comment about the BL manifold, it was merely messing with John. The guy loves his shiney bling! :) The "polished" manifolds I've seen have not held that polished look well after longer periods of time due to the heat.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Tranny. :thumbs:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by darren j adams

I have the HKS manifold sitting on the floor of my garage.

Terry is right the flange is mild steel and rusty.

D.

Darren thanks for confirming that, I haven't seen one for a while.

FWIW I *think* the BoostLogic is the only commercial header that uses stainless flanges.

Guest Usmann A
FWIW I *think* the BoostLogic is the only commercial header that uses stainless flanges.

What the difference between the BL headers and the Greddy ones, they look near identical?

:)

Guest Terry S

The BL is based on the GReddy, but AFAIK with much better materials, better wastegate, coating etc.....

I say AFAIK, because maybe GReddy have updated them. There were issues with the GReddy header cracking, mainly due to the grade of materials used.

Guest Usmann A

Well, excuse the coating as that can be done afterwards, but other than that, and apart from the materials there design is the same?

By wastegate, you mean HKS GT2 will not fit greddy header, well they should be other alternatives that will do the job, and fit the greddy?

I think the greddy flanges are stainless aswell, no?

Cracking? Time will only tell. ... :)

Guest Terry S

Usmann, I know you have bought a kit so I am not gonna start slagging it off. The GReddy may be stainless but there are many grades of stainless. I am not convinced they use stainless flanges, but maybe they do. The HKS wastegate is superior to anything else currently available IMO. Why would GReddy make a header that uses there biggest rivals WG??

yes you can get it coated later, but I don't see the point.

You pays your money...:p

Guest Usmann A

Yes Terry, you are right, my first intention was to try HKS GT2 on greddy header, but have been advised a few more alternatives, that are on par with the GT2.

Coated, by Jet Hot, tel, the best!! lol

Sometimes you get more than what you pay for? ;) :D

BL sounds nice, I must say, but its good to try different things, and get feedback, to see what works best.

Originally posted by Kean

It's just that we entered the market to help advance Supra turbo kits in the correct direction while others are trying to beat us down with only their marketing and not by improving their kit; either pricewise or quality wise.

Kean - this is excellent m8 - Love it!

:thumbs: