The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Build up of a Big Single Auto , step by step

dude

do you think it would be over kill to buy a small boot mounted swirl pot with the stock pump feeding the swirl pot up and 2 walbros feeding the fuel lines to injector.

just if you doing a track day where the fuel is splashing about all over, there would be no chance of you not having fuel get to injectors.

lee can get one for skyline made for very cheap price in alloy that sits where the spare wheel goes. it has 2 holders for 2 external fuel pumps?

john how come you going with aftermarket fuel rail is it so you have more choice with injectors with you having a resistor pack?

what would you think to getting a stock rail modified ?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

do you think it would be over kill to buy a small boot mounted swirl pot with the stock pump feeding the swirl pot up and 2 walbros feeding the fuel lines to injector.

just if you doing a track day where the fuel is splashing about all over, there would be no chance of you not having fuel get to injectors.

lee can get one for skyline made for very cheap price in alloy that sits where the spare wheel goes. it has 2 holders for 2 external fuel pumps?

john how come you going with aftermarket fuel rail is it so you have more choice with injectors with you having a resistor pack?

what would you think to getting a stock rail modified ?

Mark , there is an antisurge type pot in the stock tank that shoul stop the fuel sloshing around , there is nothing wrong with modifying the stock rail at all thats what Terry had for ages .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Keith C

Is the manifold cast?

no its a stainless tubular manifold

i would also like to know how the PHR MAP ECU works as this is what i plan on using. dusty from mvp said to forget about the aem in favour of this unit.

mines turned up an hour ago. what a top bit of kit. well impressed with the quality. dont have to polish the turbo as its been done :)

have put my turbo on scales 19 pound manifold is 15 pound

the quality is amazing :)

turbo is T71 GTQ A/R .81

all of pipework looks solid

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

mines turned up an hour ago. what a top bit of kit. well impressed with the quality. dont have to polish the turbo as its been done :)

have put my turbo on scales 19 pound manifold is 15 pound

the quality is amazing :)

turbo is T71 GTQ A/R .81

all of pipework looks solid

Mark, can you weigh the stock stuff once its off too inc the downpipe. Cheers

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by leett

no its a stainless tubular manifold

With a 3 year warranty against cracking. Too many people too hung up on cast. I thought you guys wanted power!!!!

Originally posted by Paul Laing

You can forget that race now Dude!!! You win lol :p

All these people going the single route, should be a good year for the Supras at TOTB3, time to kick some Skylines into touch ;)

Paul

You can still run in the 11's with stock twins Paul , on the road a single wouldnt come into its own till after 1/4 mile has gone !!!

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Terry S

With a 3 year warranty against cracking. Too many people too hung up on cast. I thought you guys wanted power!!!!

Gotta agree. My HKS is stainless tubular and warrantied for ages. They also claim the cast ones get a lot hotter and retain the heat much longer. This is the same header used for the T04R's running 700+HP, its good enough for me. :)

Where did you get the pipe fittings from, Dude? I ask because I've got a SPA gauge that does fuel pressure and I need to get the sender unit plumbed into the fuel line somehow. I was thinking a double banjo bolt with a banjo going off to the sender unit but I haven't a clue where to start looking for these sort of components or what sizes I'd need...

-Ian

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Supraguy

Yes, but the BL ones will look crap after they seem some heat. :D

HKS use SUS304 stainless steel. PHR adds Extreme 2000 black heatcoating from manifold, to hot side turbo, down-pipe, and mid-pipe! :thumbs:

Jason, you can have either black or silver coating with BL, and like I said, the grade of stainless is superior, and the flanges are stainless, where the HKS are mild steel welded onto the stainless header

Originally posted by Wez

I think that it may be the other way round.

Taken from BL site:

-4” Aluminum Intake Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

-2 1/2" Aluminum Intercooler Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

The PHR Intercooler piping is ceramic coated to reduce thermal conductivity as well.