Build up of a Big Single Auto , step by step

dude

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next bolt the oil drain to the block where the original one goes re-using the metal gasket, make sure the braided line is pointing up and that you screw the adaptor into the alloy block using the taper thread or it WILL leak

project dude 027.jpg

Now is a good time to clean up the block (did mine just before i left for home) cause its a lot more exposed than with the twin boat anchors fitted !!!!

As soon as the cams and pulley and springs and head studs get here i'll throw it back together and take more pics , tommorrow i'll get some of the fuel system mods .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Kean

Dude,

Your -10 oil drain hose is the wrong direction!! The 45 degree is supposed to be connected to the turbo. The straight portion is connected to the oil pan.

Pics look great =)

Edited to say oops i see what you mean now , i thought it looked a bit funny when i bolted the other adaptor on the turbo , now i see why !!!!!

Originally posted by Ian C

Did you have to angle grind down the exhaust manifold studs?

-Ian

Ian the reason you have to grind the studs is that because the header is now tubular and larger bore as you place it over the studs the bottom ones allmost touch the header thus you need to take a bit off so you have clearance , you will also have to put all the bottom nuts on before you put the top nuts on. :thumbs:

Originally posted by dude

Ian the reason you have to grind the studs is that because the header is now tubular and larger bore as you place it over the studs the bottom ones allmost touch the header thus you need to take a bit off so you have clearance , you will also have to put all the bottom nuts on before you put the top nuts on. :thumbs:

I wasn't criticising the kit fitment, I just weondered as I heard you *may* have to but now I know you *will* have to :)

-Ian

Originally posted by Terry S

dude, it would be interesting to see the weight between the stock twin set up and the BL kit if you get a chance??

Have you seen this site , Terry?

It lists the weights of the stock turbo assembly and the equivalent Boostlogic parts. The turbo they weighed is a PT63.

It would still be good to get confirmation though.

Regards,

Cliff

Guest SpeedUp

Very nice pictures dude :cool:

I'm going AT/Single too. I bought the (small) BoostLogic T61 (.68) and the tranny-upgrade with a 3800 stall.

(ECU=PHR Map Ecu)

Hope everythink works well.

cheers,

Marc

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by dude

Sorry dudes forgot the camera, but 2 walboros do fit in the stock swirl pot !!!!

That wasn't exactly a news flash mate!

I'll call you in the morning.

Ah, another good pointer, I hadn't thought of fittiing the two pumps into the baffle area of the tank, did you have them side by side, staggered, or in a line? (where in a line = one nearer the front of the car, one nearer the rear)

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

Ah, another good pointer, I hadn't thought of fittiing the two pumps into the baffle area of the tank, did you have them side by side, staggered, or in a line? (where in a line = one nearer the front of the car, one nearer the rear)

-Ian

As you look down into the tank 2nd one slightly staggered in front of the original to the left , i'll post pics soon , its tight but can be done !!!:D

Dude :flame Dev