The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Build up of a Big Single Auto , step by step

dude

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

nice work john,

the other torque convertor i got had new slim bolts you had to use. or are you talking about something else?

i dont mind getting my hands dirty and having a go if it takes a long time to do. good to see it in bits. when you take stuff apart you get to see how it all works. when you come to fit go into detail of all the pipes you need to cap or dont use. when you see a single turbo kit there looks lots of room to work on car.

lots of pics would be good to see. it must be good when you have all the right working conditions with ramps and jacks.

keep up the good work

also are you going with the BL crank pully too, just been reading about them on supra forums.

Mark if you didnt use the slim bolts on the first hi-stall that could account for the pump getting goosed !!!, the only pipes to cap are the water feeds to the old turbos and the rear oil feed , im going to weld the pipes on the top most water pipe (the one the top rad hose attaches too), im sure you'll manage , the hard part is removing the stock turbos and manifold !!!

Dude:flame Dev

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Nic

Very interesting Dude, looking forward to the next installment.

What ECU are you going to be using?

At first a Mines ECU with a S-AFC and an Apexi ITC ign. controller but in the end prob. a n E.Manage or AEM , depends on if i need to use Nitrous or not !!!:)

Originally posted by Usmann A

Looks nice dude.

Good pics!

What fuel system is it gonna be running?

Rgds

Usmann , im running twin walboros , twin lines and filters and a BL rail with twin feeds and around 800cc inj. !!!:thumbs:

Originally posted by darren j adams

If i got an inlet for my next project in the garage i would not get a veilside,too much hassle.

Id go for the smaller modded ones.

Hope to see pics soon.

D.

Im also going for a smaller modded one !!

Dude :flame Dev

Guest Usmann A
Usmann , im running twin walboros , twin lines and filters and a BL rail with twin feeds and around 800cc inj. !!!

Nice,very nice

:innocent:

Originally posted by Geezabloke

Is that ALL you've done? Lazy Bastard....lol

Looking good mate.........now which one should i go for?.....:moo:

Keep up the good work:flame Dev

Start thinking now and let me know around Xmas !!!!!:D

Guest Terry S

before choosing a turbo, you really must think long and hard about the intended usage. It is soooo easy to get sucked into big power figures, that can make a horrible road car.

Mark, the Purple car had a BL Pulley. It was excellent.

Originally posted by Terry S

before choosing a turbo, you really must think long and hard about the intended usage. It is soooo easy to get sucked into big power figures, that can make a horrible road car.

Mark, the Purple car had a BL Pulley. It was excellent.

Same with waterbeds !!!! Too big and you drown !!!!:stupid:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by dude

Usmann , im running twin walboros , twin lines and filters and a BL rail with twin feeds and around 800cc inj. !!!:thumbs:

Usmann, seeing as Dude has been painfully open with his specs, what says you list all yours?

Looking good mate did you manage to get the Stock turbo's off on Friday in time for the pub?? ;) Its about time you had a project thread up of your own! maybe you should've called it "The Build up of a Big Single Auto and the Elusive 12" Sub :p

Any news on this Matt? I was hoping to see it in Dudes car when i popped over to Newhaven on friday! when i asked him where it was he started mumbling about something about a mole? :conf:

Guest Usmann A
Usmann, seeing as Dude has been painfully open with his specs, what says you list all yours?

umm, only a few on here know about my turbo specs, would prefer to keep quiet until it arrives, I dont like talking about stuff that I havent even got yet. :innocent: :D

I feel a Terry S special coming on, lol,(Guess my mods?) :D

When I recieve and car is ready all will be reveled, but it will be a while yet!!